Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the van was in the Spread Creek dispersed area, they/he probably travelled on foot via the gravel roads, then crossed Hwy 191. I'm looking for trails heading to the Snake River and Coulter Bay from there. I'm not sure which section of the dispersed area they were at, however.
I've updated the map with the location, based on the distance/curves from the double-drive they pass at 1:08 on the video.

There you go folks. That was what we needed. This video is now approved:

So, this is what oviedo's timeline says about August 27th ....

AUG 27 - Gabby's uncle posts there was a snapchat Gabby sent a friend -heading to Yellowstone (in Dailymail article)
AUG 27 & 30: text messages from Gabby’s phone sent to mom
ACTIVE SEARCH - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #13

They obviously were not heading to Yellowstone (or Yosemite, or anywhere) at that moment.

And JerseyGirl's post says the van was there on August 29th also.

ACTIVE SEARCH - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #13

Lol so Brian went to get one when he was in Florida? Not even possible. He would have been seen and he doesn’t seem like the type that spends money on himself for looks.
Hard.to tell what it it it looms.like an elastic arm.band to hold a phone or iPod pic is very grainey
Perhaps the plan, before things got out of their control, was going to be “Well, the van turned up on the driveway one day but we haven’t seen either of them since…”
The van showing up
The.calls.from.her parents!
Add up.to something bad!
This is where the elk spotters also saw the van:

KSL’s Garna Mejia actually ran into a local man who said he and a friend saw Petito’s van as they were spotting for elk on Aug. 29.

“He thought he had seen the white sprinter van described — blacked out rims, wheels,” said Tyler Valentine. “We all live in this small town, so when this stuff happens, we all take a little bit of initiative and try to look out for things.”

What’s interesting about Spread Creek is that Petito had marked the place as a possible camping area through the Dyrt website, something Valentine and his friend were unaware of when we spoke with them.

Search intensifies for Gabby Petito; police respond to Laundrie home in Florida

So there is no way that.van ended up in north port on. Sept 1st!

There you go folks. That was what we needed. This video is now approved:

Screen shot of the van in the video linked, is this a hat sitting on the dash? Looks like a ranger hat. Has either Gabby or Brian ever been seen wearing a hat like this?

Attachments

• van0919.jpg
    van0919.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 1,834
I am in Sweden the time is 4pm here and I have been waiting for the thread to open AND finally the vid is here, have been watching it for hours. Is there anyone with great software who can see what is in the field on left side around 1.46 close to the van.

I think it’s just a shadow. Gabby’s flip flops are on the ladder rung?

Given the van was in the Spread Creek dispersed area, they/he probably travelled on foot via the gravel roads, then crossed Hwy 191. I'm looking for trails heading to the Snake River and Coulter Bay from there. I'm not sure which section of the dispersed area they were at, however.

The couple saw this on August 27th. It looks to be either morning or evening based on the shadows.

EXCELLENT !

This van with Florida plates was spotted by the couple in the motorhome at Spread Creek Campground on Aug 27 .

So IMHO it was most likely there from at least Aug 27 to Aug 29 when BL was picked up hitchiking back to this area from Coulter Bay.

The video doesn't mention how long it was there after this sighting. I didn't hear her mention when the motorhome left the campground.

I sure hope there are CCTV cameras in Coulter Bay that would have retained footage from 3 weeks ago.
She said they couldn't find a site so they came back out and left.

I get that idea too. Maybe lots of pressure at home? I still think the parents at least should have answered the texts from GP family instead of going radio silent, saying he won't talk and we don't know anything, because he won't tell us. But I don't think that's true. I'm positive he said something that flipped them all out. Maybe not actually what happened to her, but something that indicated this was not going to end well. I imagine they will have to put their house up for sale soon.
See this is why it’s so important to know when exactly he got home. Because there’s a part of me thinking he maybe didn’t tell his parents anything and they lawyered up because of that. Especially if what they are claiming now (not seeing or hearing from him since Tuesday) is true because the lawyer was making statements on his behalf in the meantime despite having no communication with him. It really could’ve been as simple as him telling them they broke up and she continued on with the trip with another group and he wasn’t ready to talk about it. She goes missing, he’s stressed, they lawyer up. He disappears before they can get any answers from him. Optics look bad but they really could be clueless. I hate to say it but parents are much to often left in the dark. IMO.

Not sure if everyone knows this, but you can look at the YT video of the van frame by frame. Not sure if this works on a phone or tablet, but it works on a computer.

What you need to do is stop the video near where you want to look and hit the comma key to reverse and the period key to go forward.

The police have the van and are processing it. Is it plausible to think that if the tent was NOT found in the van this information would be posted in the missing poster as an item for the public to look out for?
That's the big question.
Was the tent in the van OR vicinity ?
I think it's very likely they would not publish confirmation of this.
Let him sweat it out a bit, cool his heels and etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member