Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen shot of the van in the video linked, is this a hat sitting on the dash? Looks like a ranger hat. Has either Gabby or Brian ever been seen wearing a hat like this?
Her very last Instagram pic??? Could it have been taken in Tetons?

ETA: It definitely looks like it matches the decor in the Jenny Lake gift shop.

Login • Instagram

Attachments

• hat1.png
    hat1.png
    696.5 KB · Views: 216
  • hat2.png
    hat2.png
    89.5 KB · Views: 178
Not sure if everyone knows this, but you can look at the YT video of the van frame by frame. Not sure if this works on a phone or tablet, but it works on a computer.

What you need to do is stop the video near where you want to look and hit the comma key to reverse and the period key to go forward.
Thank you.
I had not known!
I hope I can retain this information for future use. (technophobe)

I'm late to pipe in but I've been here and online keeping ups as much as I can which is really hard as fast as this case has exploded. I may have missed a few or forgotten a fact or comment but I don't believe there is any proof of mental illness. To me they seem like the modern younger generation. Having 8 of thease myself between my husband and I, they all act a little entitled, alot emotional when things get tough, when scolded anxiety kicks in, alot of tears during extreme stress. If one of my 5 daughters were in this type of situation (referring to the police stop) I could see them just as upset as GP. If one of my 3 boys were in the situation I seriously doupt they would be able to crack a smile or joke with officers. They would be terrified and it would show. Everyone is different. Everything else that they have shown seemed completely normal to me untill the police stop. I do feel he was hiding something.. Imo

Sorry for any misspelling or punctuation errors. I've been told it's my calling card for text haha. No one could ever fake a message from me, just saying.
Agree completely. I could see my 4 daughters just as upset, especially under the circumstances.

The police have the van and are processing it. Is it plausible to think that if the tent was NOT found in the van this information would be posted in the missing poster as an item for the public to look out for?
That's the big question.
Was the tent in the van OR vicinity ?
I think it's very likely they would not publish confirmation of this.
Let him sweat it out a bit, cool his heels and etc..

Even if this information could be important to help find her?

How does tarp camping work? Do you set it up like tying to a tree? Use it like a blanket? I can’t picture it

ETA: I did search but I’m just getting ads for $600 tents like I’d ever try this myself
I have used a tarp for backpacking/kayaking for the last 15 years. I’ve used a tarp over my picnic table while car camping for, I dunno, 20 years. I do not use a blue tarp and won’t. My pieces are super lightweight and packable.
You CAN use one of those blue things for sleeping under, and some people do, but they get bulky after you’ve used them once: they’re impossible to get back into a nice tidy package.
There are a few things blue tarp users tend to forget when they’re going out imagining they’re going to use a blue tarp for a roof.
1. They need a second blue tarp under them if they’re going to sleep
2. They might need as much as 100 feet of rope.
3. In order to stay dry, they need a COLOSSAL tarp over them. Picture rain coming down. Some of it goes a little bit on the diagonal. Boom! You’re wet if you have a small tarp.
4. There’s no bug protection
5. Unless you have standing trees (i.e. not merely sticks lying around) a tarp-roof is the most hellish thing to erect if you’re by yourself.
6. A tarp sags. This gets really bad when it rains. It can sag right on top of you.
7. If the trees are too far apart, you either have to climb high to tie the rope, or you have to know how to jury-rig a pole to prop the rope up. This takes experience.
8. You usually need stakes as well.
9. All this makes a blue tarp a horrible backpacking/camping sleeping solution unless you have multiple people.

I went to a car camping campground near Lake George a couple of years ago. The upper canopy was festooned with rope from people hanging tarps and simply cutting the rope and not bothering to untie it. A ladder would have to be used by a cleanup crew to get that stuff down. Hundreds of trees, one tree at a time. Many people used big nails and hammered them into trees. All of this DESTROYS trees. I spent a couple of hours working to free trees at empty spots. I was absolutely appalled, not just for the selfishness at leaving debris in a camp site, but because campers were destroying living things. I suspect a lot of this goes on in the backcountry now that tarps have become a fad.

Screen shot of the van in the video linked, is this a hat sitting on the dash? Looks like a ranger hat. Has either Gabby or Brian ever been seen wearing a hat like this?

That looks like a hat to keep the sun off your face and neck. Usually, it seems like older people wear hats like that, but maybe one of them wore it. Weird.

The police have the van and are processing it. Is it plausible to think that if the tent was NOT found in the van this information would be posted in the missing poster as an item for the public to look out for?

Even if this information could be important to help find her?

It really doesn't say whether the van remained in that location after 6pm on August 27 and so the mystery deepens unless someone comes up with another clue

Have we heard from any Laundrie friends and family (besides the sister)? I think it's strange that at this point the press haven't talked to neighbors, friends, past neighbors and friends from New York, classmates from New York. Usually by now anyone even peripherally related to them would have been hounded by press and interview requests.
Did I miss some interviews? Especially interested to hear from Long Islanders who used to work with, live next to, and/or attended high school. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member