Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that. Surely they can think of SOMETHING to take them in for. There has to be information that LE knows that we don't. Aiding and Abetting? While I know BL hasn't been charged with anything bc there is no evidence of a crime, LE can come up with something. LE messed up by not keeping tabs on BL. He could be anyways by now. He has a 3 day head start. This has gotten way out of hand.
I agree. The worst case scenario is that he was never at the Nature Reserve, or was driven there to get in another vehicle and be driven to an airport, where he left the U.S.

LE surely is attempting to determine alternative scenarios.

The problem with “aiding and abetting a fugitive from justice” which is a serious felony, is that there have to be charges filed. His parents or attorney may have said, Flee while you are free of criminal charges. MOO.

This is where the elk spotters also saw the van:

KSL’s Garna Mejia actually ran into a local man who said he and a friend saw Petito’s van as they were spotting for elk on Aug. 29.

“He thought he had seen the white sprinter van described — blacked out rims, wheels,” said Tyler Valentine. “We all live in this small town, so when this stuff happens, we all take a little bit of initiative and try to look out for things.”

What’s interesting about Spread Creek is that Petito had marked the place as a possible camping area through the Dyrt website, something Valentine and his friend were unaware of when we spoke with them.

Search intensifies for Gabby Petito; police respond to Laundrie home in Florida
So if we consider this new footage & the elk hunters seeing the van on 8/29-maybe this is a partial truth to Brian’s story of Gabby being apart from him for a few days? It makes me wonder if she said anything telling to her friend Rose in that Snapchat conversation on 8/27 that would reveal she was apart from him at the time? Or was that conversation before they were at the campground. Hopefully these little nuggets keep coming & LE/FBI can match this up vs her pings. {{fingers crossed}}

I’m so confused. Can someone please explain two things to me…
1.) The video floating around of the couple driving by their van would have been taken before anyone knew she was even missing. It wasn’t discovered she was missing until the van was already home in Florida. But in the video, the couple know she’s missing.
2.) I don’t understand the timeline of the cars in the driveway. Where did the silver mustang come from and when.

I am screen grabbing and looking for anything amd everything. On a vry quick glance I dont see sandles. I do see possibly hat on a dash.
Window passenger side lower left. Im interested in whats in the seat or maybe it is just reflection.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210919-060921~4.png
    Screenshot_20210919-060921~4.png
    145.8 KB · Views: 241
@wnk - in the yt video she said August 27 that they saw the van, right? Your map says 8/29, although that is when the elk spotters saw it I think.

SO next question - how did he/they get from there to Coulter Bay? (heading to alltrails...)
Fixed! Thank you! (And yes, I'm also wondering how Colter Bay fits into this...)

What’s the time line between the date that the couple said they picked up BL hitchhiking and the date of Gabbys friends birthday party.
As someone mentioned earlier, Gabby planning to meet her friend for the birthday could be the reason for a fight that got out of hand when they were hiking.
Gabby could have been hurt and BL left her and hitchhiked to get to the van.

Last edited:
I’m so confused. Can someone please explain two things to me…
1.) The video floating around of the couple driving by their van would have been taken before anyone knew she was even missing. It wasn’t discovered she was missing until the van was already home in Florida. But in the video, the couple know she’s missing.
2.) I don’t understand the timeline of the cars in the driveway. Where did the silver mustang come from and when.
They added a. voiceover in editing.

Gabby Petito cops should’ve gotten Laundrie search warrants on day 1: former detective
Florida police should have gotten a search warrant for the Laundrie home and Brian Laundrie's devices on Sept. 11, the day Gabby Petito was reported missing and police seized her van at her fiance's parents' house in North Port, experts tell Fox News.

“Why would you [try to] get consent from the guy, and not get a search warrant?” pondered Pat Diaz, a former Miami Dade homicide detective of 35 years. “You can get a search warrant for everything in that house, including his laptop.

”He said an examination of Laundrie’s electronics on the day Petito was reported missing could have given investigators an abundance of clues about her whereabouts. Even if Laundrie refused to talk

Gabby Petito: Brian Laundrie's mom appears outside home as search resumes for her son: LIVE UPDATES

The police have the van and are processing it. Is it plausible to think that if the tent was NOT found in the van this information would be posted in the missing poster as an item for the public to look out for?

Unless a whole lot/all of the other items were also missing from the van when it was seized.

If the van had been emptied, LE may have decided, alongside other evidence they know, that it’s unlikely that the tent is in Wyoming and is counter-productive to have some of people’s focus on something that they don’t think is there, rather than on Gabby, which they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23