Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks like a hat to keep the sun off your face and neck. Usually, it seems like older people wear hats like that, but maybe one of them wore it. Weird.
Those large straw hats are very common down here. You’ll see fisherman and boaters in them and my 33 year old boyfriend wears one at the beach or when we go kayaking. Very common.

I’m so confused. Can someone please explain two things to me…
1.) The video floating around of the couple driving by their van would have been taken before anyone knew she was even missing. It wasn’t discovered she was missing until the van was already home in Florida. But in the video, the couple know she’s missing.
2.) I don’t understand the timeline of the cars in the driveway. Where did the silver mustang come from and when.

They found it Saturday night whilst editing footage. So they knew she was missing by then (yesterday)

Have we heard from any Laundrie friends and family (besides the sister)? I think it's strange that at this point the press haven't talked to neighbors, friends, past neighbors and friends from New York, classmates from New York. Usually by now anyone even peripherally related to them would have been hounded by press and interview requests.
Did I miss some interviews? Especially interested to hear from Long Islanders who used to work with, live next to, and/or attended high school. <modnsip>
There was one statement from someone who worked with both of them. I can’t remember which job it was, though.

1.) The video floating around of the couple driving by their van would have been taken before anyone knew she was even missing. It wasn’t discovered she was missing until the van was already home in Florida. But in the video, the couple know she’s missing.
2.) I don’t understand the timeline of the cars in the driveway. Where did the silver mustang come from and when.

because they are commenting over their own footage - they noticed last night

To me, when i watch the video, it looks like someone or something moving in the front of the van as they drive past. Just me seeing that?
It has been mentioned that there appears to be a figure behind the van, in the clearing that seems to be bent over. It is a quick shadow, but check the slowed down footage. May be something or just a shadow.

The couple didn’t know she was missing at the time, and considered stopping to say hello because of the Florida plates, where they are also from. They did a voiceover when they went back over the video.

So if we consider this new footage & the elk hunters seeing the van on 8/29-maybe this is a partial truth to Brian’s story of Gabby being apart from him for a few days? It makes me wonder if she said anything telling to her friend Rose in that Snapchat conversation on 8/27 that would reveal she was apart from him at the time? Or was that conversation before they were at the campground. Hopefully these little nuggets keep coming & LE/FBI can match this up vs her pings. {{fingers crossed}}
The “being apart for a few days” is about giving himself an alibi. “Someone else did it”.
The TikTok “I’ll give you $200” hitch hike might have been part of the ruse, especially if there were no signs (e.g. aroma) he had actually BEEN sleeping out under a tarp. He had to make it seem like he was somewhere else?

Last edited:
So if we consider this new footage & the elk hunters seeing the van on 8/29-maybe this is a partial truth to Brian’s story of Gabby being apart from him for a few days? It makes me wonder if she said anything telling to her friend Rose in that Snapchat conversation on 8/27 that would reveal she was apart from him at the time? Or was that conversation before they were at the campground. Hopefully these little nuggets keep coming & LE/FBI can match this up vs her pings. {{fingers crossed}}
Do we know yet where they were the night of the 26th? Looks like he may have had ample time to hide her body, if he killed her on the 27th and the van was there on the 28th too. Then the 29th for meeting Miranda, etc hitch hiking.

I just keep wondering if BL was at his parents house how he got out of there to even go to the reserve to hike. In a news clip it shows BL mother outside for a minute and already news people were trying to ask her questions. In the news clip you can see the driveway isn't that big. And the front door to the home is very visible. With the mustang being parked closes to the door. JMO, but I think BL had a whole lot more time to make his get away than these days that he supposedly went to hike in the reserve.
I'm sorry if I sound like Ms. obvious here. So many posts so fast, it's hard to keep up.
I keep asking myself, how many people could actually be involved in helping this young man escape / avoid LE. I think about these men and women involved in this massive search, literally risking their lives to find this people. They have families, wife's husbands and children. So much RESPECT for them all. And who ever may be involved must know, or should know that in time LE will be able to come to better understanding of what has taken place. Then they will have to be accountable. SMDH!
I don’t think there were even half as many reporters or people outside his house on Tuesday as there are now. Plus, we don’t know the time of day he left the house Tuesday. My guess is he was already gone before the news of him officially being named a POI dropped. After that is when the gatherings started substantiating in size.

They *think* some were added after this, like the triangle for instance. IMO if he wanted to alter the van's appearance slightly to (in his mind) be a different van on various sightings, this might be a half-hearted attempt...

I simply don't have the energy to look for facts in all of the threads, in this one and all the others.

Just a random thought. I know the TikTok lady said BL was clean and didn't look or smell like he'd been tarp camping for days, but that aside, is it possible he didn't have much with him because he and GP had left the van only planning a day hike?

Maybe they parked where the van was seen in the Spread area and left for a hike. On the hike, argument ensued, which led to her dead and him lost. So he hiked (and maybe bathed) along the river until he got to the road and was picked up by TikTok lady. At that point he wasn't sure where he was at in proximity to the van? Maybe he wanted to get to Jackson to clean up our rent a car to look for the van? IDK...

The couple didn’t know she was missing at the time, and considered stopping to say hello because of the Florida plates, where they are also from. They did a voiceover when they went back over the video.
Omgggg I’m so confused, so there’s a video of just him?? They didn’t know she was missing but he was the only person??

The couple with the van footage was going through their dashcam footage last night and happened upon it. The mustang seem to be one of their cars, unclear as to who the primary driver is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member