Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m so confused. Can someone please explain two things to me…
1.) The video floating around of the couple driving by their van would have been taken before anyone knew she was even missing. It wasn’t discovered she was missing until the van was already home in Florida. But in the video, the couple know she’s missing.
2.) I don’t understand the timeline of the cars in the driveway. Where did the silver mustang come from and when.

The couple is recounting their steps during the drive. The video is a dash cam. When they heard FBI asked people for information from this area, they decided to go back and look at footage. Also, they recalled seeing the van based on the Florida plates and we’re going to stop and say “hi” because they were also from Florida and how unusual it was to see Florida plates in that part of the country.

One good thing, that van stood out!!

ETA - video of potentially her Van posted to YouTube and picked up by MSM

Snipping the timeline and working on it - specifically the cars in the driveway during Sept12-17

AUG 24: The couple were seen checking out of a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah
AUG 25: Petito’s family spoke to her for the last time over the phone and she said she was in Grand Teton National Park
Last phone call between Gabby & her mom, Nicole Schmidt. Last Instagram post from Monarch Wall in Ogden, Utah.
AUG 25 - Couple spots van at 5pm at Jenny Lake - alerts LE 9/17 they saw it

AUG 27
- Gabby's uncle posts there was a snapchat Gabby sent a friend -heading to Yellowstone (in Dailymail article)
AUG 27-a Van is seen in the side of the road and youtubers post it - MSM picks up the story - could be Gabbys
In the video the lady says it was recorded Aug 27, 2021 at between 6:00 to 6:30 PM
AUG 27 & 30
: text messages from Gabby’s phone sent to mom
After August 30th, Gabby’s parents weren’t able to get in contact with Gabby or her fiance. Her fiance’s mother also was not responding to any phone calls.
AUG 29- BL is picked up at 5:30pm while
hiking alone in Grand Teton (tiktok reported in MSM)
B alleged that Laundrie had confessed to camping at an unregulated site in the National Park "in the middle of nowhere along Snake River."

AUG 29 Elk hunters spot van

AUG 30: Text from Gabby to Mom - No service in Yosemite
August 31: A new list titled “Self-Consumption” appeared on the couple’s Spotify
SEP 1: BL returns home to FL alone, (retains an attorney we don’t know when) & is uncooperative with the investigation
SEP 10:: Gabby’s mother texted BL and his mother, RL, trying to get in touch with Gabby, but neither replied. The family alerted the National Park Service.

Sept 10- Gabbys Dad contacts LE?

SEP 11: Gabby’s family report her missing 7 PM
Sep 11: Van seized at the home of BL parents in NorthPort FL - FBI

Sept12-15- working on which cars were in the driveway- camper, mustang, red vehicle

Sep 14: BL family lawyer issues statement
Note: a vehicle left driveway at 6:04pm

Sept 15: NorthPort police names BL as Person of Interest

Sept 15: Gabby's family issues another statement

Sep 15- Northport police chief asks BL lawyer to assist in finding Gabby
Sep 17 - FBI takes over search in WY (GTNP =Grand Teton National Park)

Sept 17- BL family asks police to come to their home
Sept 17- LE at BL home - he is declared missing by his parents as of Tuesday
Parents admit driving the mustang back after finding it at the preserve
Sept18- searches for Gabby and BL
Sept 19- BL search planned
—-
WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE No discussion*

Elk hunters sighting
Search intensifies for Gabby Petito; police respond to Laundrie home in Florida
Reporter Brian Entin video he posted on Tuesday 9/14 at 6:04 pm and he said the parents had left an hour previously.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1437930287170822152?s=21

Then video of them returning in a red truck.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1437932624534769668?s=21

——-
  • this reporter says that Brian’s family called police this morning and says he was last seen at the reserve by them and they came here on Tuesday and saw his mustang and drove it home
Updated with new YouTube video

From the newest YouTube video of their van being seen at about 1:43 mins in it looks like there is a person in this clearing between the trees. It definitely moves but yet so hard to tell from a distance what exactly it is.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210919-102507_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210919-102507_Facebook.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 1,853
Imo, From the bodycam footage or somewhere, I have gotten the impression that he was going to take the van amd leave her, she knew it, and was scared he would do it. Why have a I gotten that impression? Did anybody else see that on msm, or the bodycam footage, or is this something I pulled out of left field??
What kind of person leaves someone behind on a roadtrip?? Idc if I was being mistreated.
I dont think.either one of them would have left the other out in the wilderness
Something else happened!
Imo
They did not hate each other!
Jmo

They may have had a hard.time dealing with their emotions and tensions!

I definitely think it is the Forest Rd 30290 section of the Spread Creek area
I'm thinking around site #5 ?
(Need confirmation - watch the youtube vid and match up to google maps/NFS campground map.)

@wnk - in the yt video she said August 27 that they saw the van, right? Your map says 8/29, although that is when the elk spotters saw it I think.

SO next question - how did he/they get from there to Coulter Bay? (heading to alltrails...)
From the campsite, they could have followed Forest Rd 30290 and crossed Hwy 191. They could have walked to the Snake River if they crossed private property, which looking at google street view, is super beautiful and inviting. Here is where they could have crossed the highway. There are no public trails right there that I see, but they could have walked along the Snake River and then only he turned up at Coulter Bay? JMO

Google Maps

Last edited:
Maybe he took the tarp with him just in case he needed something more to conceal her.

I'm not sure why he'd want to conceal her though.....if he left her out in the open, heat and animals would do their job.
A tarp would just add suspicion if anyone saw it from a search helicopter. They're usually coloured and against a brown landscape it would stick out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa