Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of North *Port* (It has been called North POINT in multiple posts and this is incorrect), is close to the Gulf Coast, but the actual City Limits do not reach the coast. Myakkahatchee Creek and Carlton Reserve are north of the Interstate in the image here, and farther away from the coast. If they were boaters or sailors, I would expect to see a lot more of that content in their SM pages.
This is true but also keep in mind there is a very large swath of Sarasota County outside the North Port city (municipal) limits that is also called North Port -- however it's governed by the County rather than the city, it's "unincorporated" as we say.

One good thing, that van stood out!!

It's a very small van by American standards, we have those exact Ford vans over here in the UK.

I was surprised that 2 people would choose live & sleep in such a small space. A bigger van may have been better. Plenty of choice of those in the US.

Anyway, I was wondering if being such a small van people may remember it against the loads of bigger vans that would have been around in the NP camps and car parks. That, and the FL plates.

From the campsite, they could have followed Forest Rd 30290 and crossed Hwy 191. They could have walked to the Snake River if they crossed private property, which looking at google street view, is super beautiful and inviting. Here is where they could have crossed the highway. There are no public trails right there that I see, but they could have walked along the Snake River and then only he turned up at Coulter Bay? JMO

Google Maps
From the campsite they could have walked to the river, then headed north. I am guessing Gabby is with him at this point, or her body is near the van (which could be easily located IMO). The distance from the campsite to the river is ~4 miles.

ETA, since they haven't found her yet near the van, she could be in the river :(

Attachments

• gabby1.JPG
    gabby1.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
<modsnip - broken quote>

Yes, I see both as well. And their positions made me think Gabby was inside the van when this was filmed. She likes the van neat and so she may have slipped them off right before stepping up and in for a nap. They look like my mother's slippers looked at her bedside before she slipped them off to get up into bed.

Last edited by a moderator:
She died accidently, he panicked, but soon unpanicked and took a couple of days to hide her.

He intentionally murdered her and.....same outcome.

I choose b.
There are other possibilities. I’m trying to find the least harmful one that still makes it problematic to tell the police.
Whatever happened, BL and family hired a lawyer for advice and the lawyer said to say nothing. Why? What story could he have told that lawyer, that he would say, keep mum? Why can’t he at least give out last place he saw her or spoke or texted her? Why is that info dangerous to him to give out?

I am doing my best to stay caught up, so forgive me if this has already been addressed.

Regarding OCD & being under the care of a psychiatrist:

I've struggled with anxiety & panic attacks for 15 years. In February, I was hospitalized for mental health treatment. I was then diagnosed with OCD and put in the care of a psychiatrist upon my release. The psychiatrist made it very clear that my right to confidentiality ended if I was a threat to myself or others. Unless BL was a future threat to someone or himself, his psychiatrist would stay quiet about anything he is sharing.

Additionally, I was able to make adjustments to my medications with my psychiatrist over the phone, even when I was newly released from the hospital, even across state lines (we are military.) IMO, I don't see the need for him to fly back to either address meds or have a conversation with his doctor, unless he was being hospitalized.

Regarding OCD specifically: Generally speaking, most people do not have a clear understanding of OCD. It is not uncommon for people to go 10+years after onset of symptoms to get a proper diagnosis because people don't recognize their symptoms as being OCD. It is also not uncommon for people to say they have OCD because they are organized/particular about things. That is NOT OCD.

In the body cam footage, GP says she has OCD "sometimes." That really stood out to me as being something odd for a person with an OCD diagnosis to say. It's not for me say whether or not she has OCD, but I can say that they way she referred to it struck me as VERY odd. It would also surprise me that she was diagnosed with OCD by 22. Symptoms typically show up around 19 years old. It's not impossible, but definitely not typical. It is also VERY hard for someone with OCD to be away from home for extended periods of time. This could either point to her not having it OR could explain why she seemed to be struggling so much in that footage.

Do we know if they are searching the area surrounding where the TT couple believe they picked up BL? Could he have taken her body out there to dispose of? Doesn't seem super realistic. Carrying dead weight is hard and he doesn't look to be strong enough to do it. Maybe he wrapped her in the tarp and dragged her? Could they have gone on a hike and he killed her while out in the middle of nowhere? Premeditated? They say he was clean. He could have packed a clean pair of clothes in a backpack and washed off in a creek or river in the area afterwards.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1439593712271646721?s=21

1/4 A lot of people are asking about the Mustang in Brian Laundrie’s driveway. Police took something out of it Friday. We got into town Tuesday - and the Mustang was not there. This is video from 7pm Tuesday when the Dad was leaving. No mustang.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1439593787936870402?s=21

2/4 This video is from later Tuesday night. No Mustang. We left for the night shortly after this.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1439593822506340353?s=21

3/4 And this is video from Wednesday. The Mustang is now in the driveway.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1439593826730090497?s=21

4/4 Police have not talked specifically about the Mustang. I asked them this morning to confirm whether or not it is Brian’s car. I know police took items from the car because I saw them do it Friday night.
Could the mustang have been in the garage? Or was the garage door open and still no mustang?

I'm not sure why he'd want to conceal her though.....if he left her out in the open, heat and animals would do their job.
A tarp would just add suspicion if anyone saw it from a search helicopter. They're usually coloured and against a brown landscape it would stick out.
Yes, but we don't know what color it was. I also think he would try to cover a tarp with vegetation, too.

I still believe that he was checking on her but it is just a theory.

Yes, I see both as well. And their positions made me think Gabby was inside the van when this was filmed. She likes the van neat and so she may have slipped them off right before stepping up and in for a nap. They look like my mother's slippers looked at her bedside before she slipped them off to get up into bed.
do they enter from the back though? I kinda guessed it was side entry and the back was a bed.

Actually this case went international. It was even on the Dutch news.....You could ask why..Still cucumber time as we would call the time there is not much to fill the news. Terms used "influencer", "social media star"....kind of made me laugh. She was only a young girl traveling, making you tube video's like so, so many. Nothing special, besides she is missing and of course that is very sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77