Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
She died accidently, he panicked, but soon unpanicked and took a couple of days to hide her.

He intentionally murdered her and.....same outcome.

I choose b.
I pick b also however I think he came home and told A and that's why no one is talking. And I think it happened early 28th around snake river area...maybe she is there-ish.

I wondered the same thing. But I also fulltime in a Honda Element because of money- it was the car I had when I started vanlife. But they BOUGHT this van to live in. Which is kind of odd. Why choose a small van? Maybe it was the newest they could afford?

I'm sure bigger vans could be had for the same money. Even a GMC day van or something would've been better.
This van is far from ideal for ONE person to live out of, let alone TWO.

There's no standing room. You can only sit or lay down in it. And I'm not even sure the van is long enough to lay in and sleep with your legs straight.

Omgggg I’m so confused, so there’s a video of just him?? They didn’t know she was missing but he was the only person??
No, it actually was an empty van, which is why they continued driving…
They could, of course.
But LE don't appear to be considering it a possibility.
I had briefly considered the couple having jointly staged a huge hoax, too, to get a massive surge of Tik Toc followers— but the facts aren’t really pointing to that and LE might have considered, then dismissed it…

So I listened to the most recent spotify playlist made by BL. I'm not looking into the lyrics or titles or anything like that cause I think that's an unproductive rabbit hole of assumption. But just listening to the sounds and vibe, I found about half the songs to be melancholy and half to be quite dysregulating. A couple songs were hard to get through because they just had some jarring beats and if I imagined myself feeling anxious/panicked/afraid these would absolutely not be the songs I personally would want to listen to. On the other hand, I could see them reeling right for someone who felt more confused/disconnected/out of control. MOO

I'm not sure if anything can be drawn from this except that things about this case and BL continue to be odd and confusing!

I just don't see this being a publicity stunt. Surely they weighed the consequences. For a couple days of fame? If it turns out to be a stunt then they would be crucified by the world for doing something like this. All of the current followers would delete and block them. They would be social pariahs everywhere they went. I just cant seem them thinking that the payoff would be worth the trouble.
And they could be billed for the cost and hours that LE spent searching. I don't see anyone doing this as a publicity stunt.

From the campsite they could have walked to the river, then headed north. I am guessing Gabby is with him at this point, or her body is near the van (which could be easily located IMO). The distance from the campsite to the river is ~4 miles.

ETA, since they haven't found her yet near the van, she could be in the river :(
From this location in the river it is a very long walk to get to Coulter Bay but he could have done it in 2 days for sure, camping with his tarp. He passed the dam, so was familiar with Hwy 191 and Teton scenic road to be able to know the tik tokker was going in the wrong direction.

If Gabby is not located near the van, it seems likely she will be located in the area marked on this map in the red circle (or down river, south).

In or near the Snake River. JMO.
I think she will be found soon.

Attachments

• gabby2.JPG
    gabby2.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
I see the book far more clearly on this, could well be shades sitting on it..
I was wondering what was on top of the book as well!
The police have the van and are processing it. Is it plausible to think that if the tent was NOT found in the van this information would be posted in the missing poster as an item for the public to look out for?
it was posted in one of the press releases but they may have just been looking for people who may have seen it- the white van was pictured as well and they already had it in police custody

I saw it but wondered if BL would really dig in broad daylight in a field to potentially Bury a body? I just think it seems rather brazen for a true crime fan IMHO

I tend to agree, although we have no idea what Brian’s mental state was at that point—it’s also possible (dare I say even likely) that if he harmed her (which we still don’t know) he probably wouldn’t have been thinking very clearly.

All I can think of is that he's guilty of something else, something unrelated but worse than abandoning his fiancée and keeping mum about it. What that "something else" might be, can't (and really shouldn't) speculate.

ETA that is if he is actually innocent of any wrongdoing regarding Gabby, and we're searching for "innocent" reasons he wouldn't cooperate or at least tell where he last saw her.
It wouldn’t bode well for him though if he innocently told them where he last saw her and she ended up being found there.

Could he have gone a day’s hike into the reserve, to dump his phone near a gator areaor something, then a day’s hike back and away to hiding? Would certainly help you to get away with something like that if your parents made sure your car wasn’t at the car park overnight while you were hiking, so as not to arouse suspicions of passing cops.
I think there are two possibilities.

1) it was not premeditated and he killed her on a hike; in which case she could be several miles from whereever the van was located when/if she died, probably not too far from the trail, but not on the trail itself.

2) she was killed in or around their van/campsite and he used the van to put her someplace. If that's the case, he would have searched for a place that seemed remote and safe enough, and where he thought someone wouldn't drive up while he was doing it, and he would have dragged or carried her to hide her, but she wouldn't be very far from the road. Maybe he would have done this late at night to decrease the chances that someone would come upon him. He would not have taken her miles from the road, probably 100 yards, max, or he would have taken her to a bridge where he could throw her over the side. It is also possible that he found a spot where he could drive off-road. Anyplace like that where he could off-road would probably be sort of open and so he'd have to drive to the edge of woods or a field with very tall grass, or to a cliff or the bank of a body of water. Again, he probably wouldn't have physically moved her more than about a hundred yards, so it wouldn't be far from where he could drive.

I'm sure bigger vans could be had for the same money. Even a GMC day van or something would've been better.
This van is far from ideal for ONE person to live out of, let alone TWO.

There's no standing room. You can only sit or lay down in it. And I'm not even sure the van is long enough to lay in and sleep with your legs straight.

There is a video in the Profiling Evil link above that shows a tent set up next to the van. I don't think they made a habit of sleeping in the van.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie