Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
He are screenshots of the two flip flops by the van and Gabbys flip flops while she was sitting in the police car maybe just dirtier since almost 2 weeks later or maybe their Brains?

The pair on the right definitely look like GP's flip flops with the wide straps, it looks very much like the pair she has on in the back of the cop car.

I think what interests people too is the strangeness of human behaviour, humans who appear normal on the surface. He drives back without her. The CA case was similar to me - a “hang on, she did what”?
I agree. I get fascinated by some cases because of how puzzling they are. I think inherently our minds want to be able to make sense of things.
Also this is an active investigation so I think people hope that they can be helpful in someway - including sharing on social media or in forums.

Until this case I had no idea people could see my playlists on Spotify. I wonder what people would think of mine. I wonder if people can see how often I’ve listened to certain songs. My birds love Christmas songs and Taylor Swift. Lol
In McKenzies case I discovered Venmo is public if you don’t make it private !

have we found Venmo or cashapp, etc? For either Gabby or BL? That may answer our financial questions
JMO

Has anyone inquired whether the couple had any cell phone service during this time? If G was alive at this point and had service she could have contacted someone, so it makes the no contact as of this date extra suspicious and it seems like maybe he was there alone (ex- one pair of sandals- Brian liked to go barefoot). Additionally, do you remember the last pictures of Brian on Instagram (the ones he seemingly took himself bc of weird angles, etc) could they have been taken here?
Edit- I mean the couple that saw the van- do they remember being able to get cell service

Mod Note:
We went through several threads yesterday with comments on mental health, OCD, anxiety, etc. It is time to let that go. The focus is where is Gabby and our POI Brian.

Future posts regarding mental health will be removed. The thread is simply moving too fast to bring in the various points of view and personal experiences in this area.

Thanks everyone - You are Rock Stars and we so appreciate you!!

Last edited:
I hate to say it but if you’re innocent and have nothing to worry about not talking makes sense too. The optics of that approach are obviously not good as the person staying quiet comes across as cold and selfish but it makes sense nonetheless.

1) Optics are the court of public opinion, often distorted by the media. Contrary to current trends, the media is not a court of law.
2) What you say to police, even if completely innocent, can and will be used against you.
3) There is also no obligation for police to disclose things which you say that might help you in court.

So if this couple were “relationship challenged” it’s all too easy for statements to turn bad for him, even if he happens to be innocent, or perhaps partially responsible for whatever chain of events might have led to whatever happened to her. MOO.

The same reason you overnight in a Walmart or cracker barrel parking lot. Its an available spot where few spots can be found.
@timestamp 1.08 on the left, there's a nice empty campsite not far from where the van is parked. The op also said there was a huge gravel lot to camp in before they decided to drive to the back.

hi, I said that is a weird spot to park up to my husband as the views are blocked off, we’re converted van owners and I wouldn’t park up there but my husband said he would. I ring from the uk though I don’t know the area well or whether there I are only a few limited places to park.

I would park there too... That's just kind of how it works on the road when you're on a budget, sometimes you have to take what you can get.

Is there any evidence they pitched a tent at other camp sites? I am wondering why people keep asking where the tent is when these people have a van to camp in...

It would be VERY uncommon to buy a vehicle in Florida and not have Air Conditioning. Not just from a heat perspective, but that with the humidity here you need to get the moisture out or you would have mold/fog issues.
They have a fan on top the van, we have the same one on ours, most self converted vans do.

Petito's family are aware of the clip and have said they "believe this is the van for multiple reasons."

Police are yet to verify whether or not the van shown is the white FordTransit used by the couple, investigators confirmed to Newsweek.

In response, a statement on the Find Gabby Facebook page read: "We have this video, so does the FBI - We believe this is the van for multiple reasons. Please do not clog up the tip line with the same video. This is in the hands of the right people.

“Thank you so much, this is exactly why we are asking people to review older photos and video."
Video could show Gabby Petito's van during mystery period

Seems to me, the lawyers almost always tell a client to say nothing in a situation like this, their reasoning and experience being that the prosecution can/may/will use what you say against you in court, if the case winds up in court. Things a client may blurt out due to nervousness or whatever can't be unsaid. But if the client is truly not guilty, saying nothing makes him appear guilty.Tuff situation.
I, like many of us, do wonder what he has told his parents ...
But then, it doesn’t really seem like BL is one to listen to what authorities tell him to do, does he?

Seems to me, the lawyers always tell a client to say nothing in a situation like this, their reasoning and experience being that the prosecution can/may/will use what you say against you in court, if the case winds up in court. Things a client may blurt out due to nervousness or whatever can't be unsaid. But if the client is truly not guilty, saying nothing makes him appear guilty.
I, like many of us, do wonder what he has told his parents ...
Possibly told them, GP and he broke up. That she went off with someone else or just left and he has no idea where she went. The parents might have not liked possible issues with this and hired a lawyer to advise what BL should do next and lawyer said “Nothing”. That reporting anything could get him in trouble if harm came to her. That he has no obligation to report to anyone that a legal adult decided to part ways with him. Up to that adult to do so, not him. This sort of thing happens a lot. But the difference here is that GP did not contact anyone and let them know situation and her parents got concerned, and the case went viral.

It would be VERY uncommon to buy a vehicle in Florida and not have Air Conditioning. Not just from a heat perspective, but that with the humidity here you need to get the moisture out or you would have mold/fog issues.
I'll just add that I have been bothered by the fact that - unless I've missed it - I have yet to see a van shot with the roof vent open.

In McKenzies case I discovered Venmo is public if you don’t make it private !

have we found Venmo or cashapp, etc? For either Gabby or BL? That may answer our financial questions
JMO
I spent some time looking and came up empty. Edited to add: I only searched Venmo since that is what my DD and all of her friends tend to use and it's what I happened to already have on my phone.

I have only seen the van interior. Do the back doors open to an area where gear/food are stored? Would you leave your sandals there if you were opening the back to get your boots or other clothing?
I wouldn't be parked there for fear of being towed or warned to move. It doesn't look like a campsite. I think one or both of them must be nearby. Leaving personal items beside the road while going hiking seems odd to me. But I've never camped in that area, so my thoughts are just based on the video and still shots of it. At Texas parks, parking on a ROW is not done at all or for long since it contributes to overuse and environmental issues.
JMO

We all know what the worst case scenario is regarding what a guilty BL knows and why he refuses to talk to the police. What is the best case scenario in terms of why he will not? If he truly does not know what has happened GP, what possible scenario could have happened that he could tell his lawyer, and the lawyer tells him not to say a word? For some reason, it is precarious and unfavorable to him to simply say when he last had contact with GP, and how they left thing. Assuming he did not harm her, is there a solid reason an attorney would not have him give that info to police or parents or to slip out through third parties? Also, in FL, what does an attorney have to report to police? If BL told attorney , he harmed her, then would attorney have to report this? Or if he know she went off a cliff? Of course, attorneys tell their clients up front specifically what they have to report
That’s why an attorney is called so they don’t have to talk to police. Also an attorney can make a deal for a better sentence.Police cannot make deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member