Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the current video of the searching, the roadways are swamped with water. What a mess if he is in there. I think if he is, it'll be really hard to find him. There's lots of wildlife in that area I wouldn't be interested in chillin overnight with in Florida.

LIVE: Teams search for Brian Laundrie; Gabby Petito still missing | WFLA
We had so much rain yesterday - I have an empty planter that’s 8” and it’s nearly full so that area has got to be a muddy mess - I hope they have credible information he actually walked in there …
JMO

I don’t know about that… if nothing else history has shown us the mainstream media lives for these types of stories. It was not going to fade away. Lawyers know this. Least of all with the added layer of their social media platform stemming from the trip behind it. IMO
Usually, the person surfaces. Couple breaks up, and they both go to their friends/family. But she disappeared. Did she disappear on him? Or did he make her disappear? This wouldn’t have been a problem if she had shown up alive after BL left her. Called crying to mom or BF. But she didn’t.

At the bottom of the timeline post are links to new information for the updated timeline- under elks sighting is this link
Search intensifies for Gabby Petito; police respond to Laundrie home in Florida

KSL’s Garna Mejia actually ran into a local man who said he and a friend saw Petito’s van as they were spotting for elk on Aug. 29.

“He thought he had seen the white sprinter van described — blacked out rims, wheels,” said Tyler Valentine. “We all live in this small town, so when this stuff happens, we all take a little bit of initiative and try to look out for things.”

What’s interesting about Spread Creek is that Petito had marked the place as a possible camping area through the Dyrt website, something Valentine and his friend were unaware of when we spoke with them.

Thank you very much Oviedo.

So the elk hunter spotting Aug 29 of the van was in Spread Creek which is the very same close area were the Brewer video-couple spotter the van, Brewer gave this coordinates for where they, in their video, spottet the van : 43.775742, -110.498433

And... this is above locations are ca 10 miles south/east of Jackson Lake Dam were BL abrubtly Aug 29, 6:09 PM wanted to get of the hitchhicking trip with Miranda Baker and her boyfriend!

Here is a map of the 43.775742, -110.498433 location and the road name is "30290 forest rd"
Google Maps

Here is a copy of them giving the info:
Jeremy Brewer
Best I can tell it looks like the van was parked at 43.775742, -110.498433 right on the Spread Creek?

Hope this is allowed and that you can add this details in the timeline.

I wondered the same thing. But I also fulltime in a Honda Element because of money- it was the car I had when I started vanlife. But they BOUGHT this van to live in. Which is kind of odd. Why choose a small van? Maybe it was the newest they could afford?

They did a similar cross country trip in a Nissan Sentra last year, I believe—so this was a big upgrade for them.

They are parked right next to the creek where they are. It looks like a nice spot to me. Shaded, maybe can hear the creek babbling. Open teh back doors and you can probably get nice sunset pics without leaving the van.
Okay

IMO the timeframe has now narrowed to whatever having happened was between late on the 27th and sometime on the 28th. GP texted her mom on the 27th and also sent a Snapchat to a friend. After that nothing until the 30th, which was the questionable text to mom. We know in between BL was picked up around 530 pm on the 29th alone and presumably making his way back to the van. I’m sure at that point the phones were dead and he had to make it back to the van to charge them in order to send that odd Yosemite text to GP mom on the 30th.

We had so much rain yesterday - I have an empty planter that’s 8” and it’s nearly full so that area has got to be a muddy mess - I hope they have credible information he actually walked in there …
JMO
heh. I think the intense search for Laundrie is more personal and CYA than a true interest in finding him for information.

Reviving this from an earlier thought from way back on the thread from someone else..... did BL ever communicate to LE that he would not speak? Is it legally binding if other adults ie his parents hand a note to police? Why isn't the adult, BL, required to do it?

So did BL ever really say he wouldn't speak, or did his parents just hand over a note from a lawyer? Does the one lawyer represent the non- speaking of all of them? You'd think there might be a need for ma & pa to have their own atty.....sooner not later...

Maybe they do, idk

Diffuse it by locking her out of her own van putting her backpack out making her believe he was leaving without her? Since when is that diffusing it. Her should have walked away but we all know he’s not a man.
Diffusing in front of the police. Making the argument seem less than it was to the police. GP was trying to minimize it as well. They didn’t want to get arrested. <modnsip>

It’s got to be the same van screenshots of Gabbys hat on dash in the police stop video and the hat in the same place on youtubers video.

Attachments

• 6F90237E-4CBA-495D-960A-C9FDA7C24EB5.jpeg
    6F90237E-4CBA-495D-960A-C9FDA7C24EB5.jpeg
    45.3 KB · Views: 99
  • B1C1A6DF-A623-4061-9C1E-2325E3EAF7AC.jpeg
    B1C1A6DF-A623-4061-9C1E-2325E3EAF7AC.jpeg
    36.1 KB · Views: 96
I'm thinking whatever happened to her was not premeditated. We know GP hits when she's upset. I suspect they were out on a "photo op hike", somewhere "risky" similar to that arch she video'd them climbing, perhaps a cliff or ravine.

Theory: He says or does something that upsets her, she hits him on the arm or shoulder, and he pushes her in return -- and she falls. She falls in a situation where the fall is likely to be fatal, but -- and I think this is key -- he can't get to her either to help or even to confirm whether she's dead. (ie down a cliff or into some thicket he can't access)

I think the reason he has behaved so oddly afterwards is because he doesn't know for sure if he left her dead or alive. Psychologically that would just eat a person alive, I would think. Can't grieve for all the guilt, but the guilt is confused by the possibility she is still alive (or was at the time he decided not to go for help)

The situation must have (in my theory) been close enough to a natural accident that BL decided if he could just pretend he didn't know about it, he would not be able to be tied to it legally. That still doesn't explain why he didn't report her missing around the time of the hitchhike to Jackson Dam, though.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members