Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's breaking the search engines, though. Now when I omit BL's name from searches, I still get Florida news, or news about the BL search.

There are a few campsite websites that report the campsite is closed, but MSM is being clogged with BL news.

I know what you mean. But in other cases with organized searches, you usually don't hear anything until they find a body. Times when LE and Equusearch have searched large areas it's usually silent until the search is complete and they announce they did not find anything of interest. In cases where they find a body, the media usually picks up evidence tents going up or the ME van arriving.

I would guess we won't hear anything until the end of the day when they say they stopped for the night and will continue tomorrow. I don't think the media will be able to get close to the western search areas because they closed the campground.

I
This might be a really dumb question but if he’s off WiFi like he says and doesn’t have a phone do you think maybe he’s clueless that he’s being looked for???
If he doesn’t have the phone he had on the trip with him (as seen in the bodycam vid,) I imagine he could well have got a burner phone to keep up on news of the search for him.

I respect her mother's opinion, but I think she's wrong in that I think it's possible for him to have been in the park as of the early evening on the 29th, and in Florida *sometime* on the first. If he left after getting to the van, say by 9:00 PM, he would still have, potentially, up to 72 hours to complete a 35-40 hour drive. Totally do-able.

I totally agree - and you have the second account of the elk hunters that saw the van on the 29th. Gabby’s mom may be forgetting that there are 31 days in August.

RSBM

Do we know what time the van arrived in Florida on the 1st? I Googled and according to Google Maps, it was a 35 hour drive. FL is two hours ahead of GT, so let's say 37 hours hands on the wheel. If he leaves the evening of the 29, he has that night, all of the 30, all of the 31, and all of the 1st to get there. I personally think it is definitely doable. A lot of driving yes, but for sure possible. I am confused on why she says it isn't possible.
Maybe she says it isn't doable because they have evidence of him somewhere on his trip home that doesn't match up with him still being there on the 29th.

I respect her mother's opinion, but I think she's wrong in that I think it's possible for him to have been in the park as of the early evening on the 29th, and in Florida *sometime* on the first. If he left after getting to the van, say by 9:00 PM, he would still have, potentially, up to 72 hours to complete a 35-40 hour drive. Totally do-able.
I think it’s possible. But I also think it’s possible it was some random woman’s husband as opposed to Brian.

From this location in the river it is a very long walk to get to Coulter Bay but he could have done it in 2 days for sure, camping with his tarp. He passed the dam, so was familiar with Hwy 191 and Teton scenic road to be able to know the tik tokker was going in the wrong direction.

If Gabby is not located near the van, it seems likely she will be located in the area marked on this map in the red circle (or down river, south).

In or near the Snake River. JMO.
I think she will be found soon.

Summarizing my thoughts this morning. The pieces fit. The sightings fit.

BL and GP parked the van in or around site #5 on Forest Rd 30290. Maybe something happened there but I doubt it since they have not found her there yet.

Maybe they walked to the Snake River (about 4 miles) shown in the first pic taken from google maps screenshot: Google Maps.

Maybe something happened on that walk and Gabby might be found in the area shown in the second pic taken from google map screenshot, in or around the Snake River. River flows south here.

Maybe BL freaked out, wanders two days, cleans up, gets picked up by the tiktokker, realizes she is driving the wrong road, gets out, gets another ride to Forest Rd 30290 to the van, takes off, flees to FL. If this scenario is correct, I am praying Gabby is found today.

If they did walk from their campsite to the Snake River, this via google street view is what they would have seen when crossing Hwy 191, one of the most beautiful places in the world:
Google Maps

Attachments

• gabby1.JPG
    gabby1.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 131
  • gabby2.JPG
    gabby2.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Didn't the elk spotters see the van in the same spot on the 29th? Or did I mistake that?

I have a hard time with the elk hunters. They claimed to see a "sprinter" van, which these kids didn't have. Though, I recognize many people call all vans sprinters. IDK, they're not as invested in this story as I am as far as the amount of time I have wasted on it, so the details probably don't matter to them as much.

Welcome to web sleuths! The weirdest part for me is the family is using a real estate attorney; it's a family friend of theirs but dang, like hire a criminal defense attorney. I don't think anyone has seen or spoken to BL outside of his parents & even then, I don't believe anything the parents say so it's really hard to tell.
I think it's pretty likely that attorney is consulting with a criminal defense attorney.

Great catch. I was wondering what that was. Looks to be olive green to me.

BL stated to the MOAB LE that they were on the way to do a hike in arches park. He also said they were going to get water in the park. He'd had all day in MOAB to prep the pack and leave it by the door for easy access. Also had the skateboard right there which is probably what he had been doing all day before he tossed it into the back when GP was working on the her channel

Cold front coming in and rain/snow forecast for the Jackson Hole area. UhOh.

This is going to make searching for evidence a bit more challenging in the GTNP area.
"Today's forecast for Colter Bay -

"Showers and possibly a thunderstorm, mainly before 3pm, then scattered showers and thunderstorms after 3pm. High near 50. Breezy, with a southwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms."

Tonight at Colter Bay -

Rain showers before 4am, then scattered rain and snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 33. Southwest wind 5 to 9 mph becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Monday -

A slight chance of rain and snow showers before 11am, then scattered rain showers. Some thunder is also possible. Mostly sunny, with a high near 47. North northwest wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

I

If he doesn’t have the phone he had on the trip with him (as seen in the bodycam vid,) I imagine he could well have got a burner phone to keep up on news of the search for him.
It literally just hit me like maybe he doesn’t know why did he take off hiking during this? Obviously he knows the cops want to talk to him but he’s a free man as of now

Not that it’s super relevant, but would put him actually in Florida…That pic, that looks an AWFUL lot like BL walking on the road near his house with headphones on,…why has no one come forward to say “that’s me, not him”? With all the media attention, if it wasn’t him, at the least someone would recognize him as such and tell him, “ hey, they think you might be BL”.

Interesting to see the family publicly dismissing the TikTok video. I’m with step-mom Nicole. I think the TikTok girl’s story was true (it was too specific to be anything but) except it was never Brian. I suspect she knew that it wasn’t though. Hence the “wife” text. JMO…

This is super interesting. I feel like it did fit the timeline and with the elk hunters putting the van in that same area on the 29th, it sure seems even more likely it's legit. I think their timeline is the thing that's off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288