Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that it’s super relevant, but would put him actually in Florida…That pic, that looks an AWFUL lot like BL walking on the road near his house with headphones on,…why has no one come forward to say “that’s me, not him”? With all the media attention, if it wasn’t him, at the least someone would recognize him as such and tell him, “ hey, they think you might be BL”.

It's the weekend, people may be out enjoying their lives and not paying attention to news. Weirdos! IDK, a friend or family could have seen it too and messaged the person saying hey I saw you on the news. Good question. Or maybe someone has claimed it's them and since the photo has been dismissed already it's not worth reporting?

Interesting to see the family publicly dismissing the TikTok video. I’m with step-mom Nicole. I think the TikTok girl’s story was true (it was too specific to be anything but) except it was never Brian. I suspect she knew that it wasn’t though. Hence the “wife” text. JMO…

This is super interesting. I feel like it did fit the timeline and with the elk hunters putting the van in that same area on the 29th, it sure seems even more likely it's legit. I think their timeline is the thing that's off.
I think it’s possible. But I also think it’s possible it was some random woman’s husband as opposed to Brian.

Not necessarily disagreeing, but what is the likelihood some other man left his fiance back in their van working on her social media?

I have a hard time with the elk hunters. They claimed to see a "sprinter" van, which these kids didn't have. Though, I recognize many people call all vans sprinters. IDK, they're not as invested in this story as I am as far as the amount of time I have wasted on it, so the details probably don't matter to them as much.
Did they have only spotting scopes? No camera?

I

If he doesn’t have the phone he had on the trip with him (as seen in the bodycam vid,) I imagine he could well have got a burner phone to keep up on news of the search for him.
Simplest answer is he lied. LE reports that they have phone records now for both him and GP. For a non existent phone? Or he lost the phone and didn’t have one on him when cops asked.

I respect her mother's opinion, but I think she's wrong in that I think it's possible for him to have been in the park as of the early evening on the 29th, and in Florida *sometime* on the first. If he left after getting to the van, say by 9:00 PM, he would still have, potentially, up to 72 hours to complete a 35-40 hour drive. Totally do-able.

I can’t imagine him driving 40 hours straight after camping and hiking with only a tarp for 3 days.

Interesting that detectives in Florida are saying they are searching for BL in the reserve “to corroborate their [BL parents’] story.”

Normally, LE would just say they received word so and so was in a place and so they are looking. They don’t say “corroborate” a “story”. I know the reserve is large but they have scent on his clothes and dogs have been out there and have not picked up anything. Plus, BL parents waited so long to inform LE he was “gone”. If they did this to give him a “head start” to reestablish himself somewhere else, could it be Puerto Rico, which is where GP’s trail app is showing her as being?

Mod Note:

Please Read and Acknowledge

Where we are at this time:
-Brian Laundrie is officially named a POI by Law Enforcement
-Awareness foundation is approved for discussion
-Find Gabby FB page is not approved
-Gabby is still missing and considered the victim in this case
-Authorities have the van
-LE was at the Laundrie home last night
to talk with family - Protestors were at scene
-FOX 13 has reached out to authorities and police confirmed that they have been in contact with the TikTok user, Miranda Baker. They say her story is "possibly credible."
-Authorities are searching for BL who is now considered a missing person: current known search is at Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park / Carlton Reserve
-BL’s parents shared with LE they have not seen BL since Tuesday
-Video of couple dash cam is approved

———————————————

-Gabby’s case is not connected to the double homicide - DO NOT BRING IT BACK INTO THE Thread
-DO NOT BRING IN COVID / COVID SHOTS
-DO NOT BRING IN MENTAL HEALTH

-Do not start or encourage conspiracy theories
-Speculation or suggestions of a hoax or drug use is not permitted
-Include links to sources
-Do not link to unapproved social media
-post to engage in dialogue, not to bicker or argue with fellow posters
-No sleuthing BL’s parents
-WS is Law Enforcement friendly - it OK to have an opinion on the status of events but do not openly bash LE on WS

Violations of the bullets above will result in an immediate time out. If you have a concern, please use the report link at the bottom of any post rather than stating your concern in thread. If you have question please PM a member of the Mod Team. We are here to help you!

Complete list of rules can be found here: RULES

Thank you for helping us keep this thread open and running smoothly by following the rules and guidelines above. We don’t like closing threads any more than you like experiencing a thread closure.

Thanks for being amazing and valued WS members!!

Best to All,
Tiff

———————
Compliments of @oviedo
LAST UPDATED 10:30 AM EST SEPT. 19

Snipping the timeline and working on it - specifically the cars in the driveway during Sept12-17

AUG 24: The couple were seen checking out of a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah
AUG 25: Petito’s family spoke to her for the last time over the phone and she said she was in Grand Teton National Park
Last phone call between Gabby & her mom, Nicole Schmidt. Last Instagram post from Monarch Wall in Ogden, Utah.
AUG 25 - Couple spots van at 5pm at Jenny Lake - alerts LE 9/17 they saw it

AUG 27
- Gabby's uncle posts there was a snapchat Gabby sent a friend -heading to Yellowstone (in Dailymail article)
AUG 27-a Van is seen in the side of the road and youtubers post it - MSM picks up the story - could be Gabbys
In the video the lady says it was recorded Aug 27, 2021 at between 6:00 to 6:30 PM
AUG 27 & 30
: text messages from Gabby’s phone sent to mom
After August 30th, Gabby’s parents weren’t able to get in contact with Gabby or her fiance. Her fiance’s mother also was not responding to any phone calls.
AUG 29- BL is picked up at 5:30pm while
hiking alone in Grand Teton (tiktok reported in MSM)
B alleged that Laundrie had confessed to camping at an unregulated site in the National Park "in the middle of nowhere along Snake River."

AUG 29 Elk hunters spot van

AUG 30: Text from Gabby to Mom - No service in Yosemite
August 31: A new list titled “Self-Consumption” appeared on the couple’s Spotify
SEP 1: BL returns home to FL alone, (retains an attorney we don’t know when) & is uncooperative with the investigation
SEP 10:: Gabby’s mother texted BL and his mother, RL, trying to get in touch with Gabby, but neither replied. The family alerted the National Park Service.

Sept 10- Gabbys Dad contacts LE?

SEP 11: Gabby’s family report her missing 7 PM
Sep 11: Van seized at the home of BL parents in NorthPort FL - FBI

Sept12-15- working on which cars were in the driveway- camper, mustang, red vehicle

Sep 14: BL family lawyer issues statement
Note: a vehicle left driveway at 6:04pm

Sept 15: NorthPort police names BL as Person of Interest

Sept 15: Gabby's family issues another statement

Sep 15- Northport police chief asks BL lawyer to assist in finding Gabby
Sep 17 - FBI takes over search in WY (GTNP =Grand Teton National Park)

Sept 17- BL family asks police to come to their home
Sept 17- LE at BL home - he is declared missing by his parents as of Tuesday
Parents admit driving the mustang back after finding it at the preserve
Sept18- searches for Gabby and BL
Sept 19- BL search planned
—-
WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE No discussion*

Elk hunters sighting
Search intensifies for Gabby Petito; police respond to Laundrie home in Florida
Reporter Brian Entin video he posted on Tuesday 9/14 at 6:04 pm and he said the parents had left an hour previously.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1437930287170822152?s=21

Then video of them returning in a red truck.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1437932624534769668?s=21

——-
  • this reporter says that Brian’s family called police this morning and says he was last seen at the reserve by them and they came here on Tuesday and saw his mustang and drove it hom
Updated with new YouTube video

Can we add the dates when BL returned to Florida to move items into or from the North Port Home, please?
Thank you!

Investigators were trying to verify the story told by Laundrie’s family members that they believe the reserve is where he went with only a backpack, Taylor said. One mystery is how Laundrie got to the reserve. Family members told investigators he took his car, but the vehicle was found back at his family’s home, not at the reserve.
Agents search in Wyoming for woman, in Florida for boyfriend - East Idaho News
Sounds like LE is not necessarily believing the story of their finding it and driving it home.

SEP 19, 2021
Gabby Petito Case: Officers Use Drones, Dogs as Search Continues for Fiancé in Fla. Nature Reserve – NBC New York
[...]

More than 50 North Port police officers, FBI agents and members of other law enforcement agencies started their search up again Sunday morning at the 24,000-acre Carlton Reserve in the Sarasota, Florida area of the Gulf Coast. Authorities used drones, scent-sniffing dogs and all-terrain vehicles in the reserve, which has more than 100 miles of trails, as well as campgrounds. Investigators took some of his clothing from his parents' home Friday night to provide a scent for the search dogs.

[...]

Meanwhile, the FBI in Denver said Saturday that agents were conducting ground surveys at Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming, with help from the National Park Service and local law enforcement agencies, seeking clues to Petito's disappearance. Her last known contact with family members was from the national park known for its mountainous terrain.

Late Saturday night, the FBI said it was concentrating on an area of the park known as the Spread Creek Dispersed Camping Area, and was seeking information from anyone who stayed there between Aug. 27-30 and may have seen Petito, her partner or their van.

[...]

I can’t imagine him driving 40 hours straight after camping and hiking with only a tarp for 3 days.

He's young, I think it could be done. Especially if he drank a lot of energy drinks. The things I did when I was that age, there's no way I could do now. But there's been lots of times out in the desert where we were up for 30 hours & had to drive for a long time to get to our next destination. Adrenaline, energy drinks & youth.

Interesting that detectives in Florida are saying they are searching for BL in the reserve “to corroborate their [BL parents’] story.”

Normally, LE would just say they received word so and so was in a place and so they are looking. They don’t say “corroborate” a “story”. I know the reserve is large but they have scent on his clothes and dogs have been out there and have not picked up anything. Plus, BL parents waited so long to inform LE he was “gone”. If they did this to give him a “head start” to reestablish himself somewhere else, could it be Puerto Rico, which is where GP’s trail app is showing her as being?
Flight records would have already indicated that though. Wherever he is, I don't believe he flew there.

One mystery to me is that BL, in the middle of a campingtrip around the country,
flight back to Florida (ca Aug 24) to "empty a storage room"o_Oo_Oo_O

This seem SO wired and unbelievable, I simply don't believe that story,
anyone have another more plausible explanation for that story?

By the way anyone know:
1. what date he returned to gabby and the van
2.Where he re-united with Gabby and the van
3. Where, and with whom, was Gabby while BL was away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes