Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simplest answer is he lied. LE reports that they have phone records now for both him and GP. For a non existent phone? Or he lost the phone and didn’t have one on him when cops asked.
He had a phone in the body cam footage with police towards the end so it’s been established he 100% had a phone. When he told the cop he didn’t he was speaking to the earlier altercation. As in, he didn’t have a phone at that point in time. That most likely meant he didn’t have a charged phone since Gabby implied towards the end he’s bad about keeping his phone charged. So no lie was told.

Simplest answer is he lied. LE reports that they have phone records now for both him and GP. For a non existent phone? Or he lost the phone and didn’t have one on him when cops asked.
Do you think it may be possible he had prepaid minutes, was out of those minutes and was perhaps saying he didn't have a phone at that particular time?

We know he’s prepared to go at 45 in a 15 mph zone, so he could probably shave a fair bit of time off of Google Maps’ estimations of how long it would take at legal speed limits the whole way across.

This focus on a completely reasonable speed of 45mph is kind of annoying. That's not fast. 15mph is slow as heck, may not have been as clearly posted as it should have been (like one sign that they missed from wherever they got on the road). Or just distracted and he gradually got up to speed without noticing. I have wondered speed on roads many times and it seemed to take forever before I finally got to a speed limit sign to verify what speed I should be driving.

One mystery to me is that BL, in the middle of a campingtrip around the country,
flight back to Florida (ca Aug 24) to "empty a storage room"o_Oo_Oo_O

This seem SO wired and unbelievable, I simply don't believe that story,
anyone have another more plausible explanation for that story?

By the way anyone know:
1. what date he returned to gabby and the van
2.Where he re-united with Gabby and the van
3. Where, and with whom, was Gabby while BL was away?

Didn't the tropical storm pass through around this time? Maybe the storage unit flooded and only Brian had access and needed to get his stuff out.

She sold her Nissan vehicle (forgot the model) to buy the van.

Not sure she and her Dad would have thought the issues through if the right van pops up. ie: larger? 4WD? larger engine. Maybe it was tantalizingly low mileage

I wonder how much say BL had in the choice.
Maybe the sofa has a pull out extension to create a bed? I think it's quite a livable situation with a tent for additional space to relax & sleep as desired/needed. These are fit, slender young people on an outdoor adventure where the sunshine days average 280+. To me, for their purposes it is more than doable. If they planned to live in it in a rainy climate....no. Do we know if they wanted it to be more than a temporary home? A try it and see if you like it? Everyone who contemplates van living has a different dream and needs. I thought about it as freedom from renting but am middle aged and not as fit as them. Any Instagram fame for me would have been a miracle (or nightmare)....lol
MOO

SEP 19, 2021
Gabby Petito Case: Officers Use Drones, Dogs as Search Continues for Fiancé in Fla. Nature Reserve – NBC New York
[...]

Late Saturday night, the FBI said it was concentrating on an area of the park known as the Spread Creek Dispersed Camping Area, and was seeking information from anyone who stayed there between Aug. 27-30 and may have seen Petito, her partner or their van.

[...]

So, does this mean they know the van's whereabouts on Aug 25 , 26 and / or Aug 31 and Sept 1?

Sounds like LE is not necessarily believing the story of their finding it and driving it home.
Story I read was that family members saw the car at reserve and drove it back home. Makes no sense since he would have no car if he came back from hiking.
It is possible that the parents now concerned because it’s been too long that he’s been gone and not in contact (yes, in some way serves them right) Also, he had to have been in bad state of mind with all that’s happening so they are even more concerned and have reason to report possible harm to himself.
It’s also possible they are lying. Giving him cover while he is elsewhere away from the heat. I think there will be less media focus on them once it is established BL is not at house.

He had a phone in the body cam footage with police towards the end so it’s been established he 100% had a phone. When he told the cop he didn’t he was speaking to the earlier altercation. As in, he didn’t have a phone at that point in time. That most likely meant he didn’t have a charged phone since Gabby implied towards the end he’s bad about keeping his phone charged. So no lie was told.
pretty sure his words were " I don't have a cell phone. ".

Not, "I didn't have a cell phone (then)"

If I suspected my POI son was in a wildlife park, in inclement weather, with gators out and about, I'd be in that parking lot talking to LE.
I'd be on vigil.
Where are the parents? Are they on the scene? Anywhere?
There aren't any protesters at the preserve.

Why aren't BL's ultra worried parents at the search site?

Good question. They seem awfully unbothered by the fact their son, who is the focus of international media attention for his suspected involvement in his partner’s disappearance, is now on the run. And allegedly hiding out in swamp, nonetheless. But for some reason BL’s parents waited a few days to report their son as missing. IMO their (lack of a) response to BL absconding is very bizarre.

@timestamp.40
His family told LE they saw him on Tuesday and he told them he was going on a hike in an area he's been before."
Do you believe his family? I don’t.
If lying they're putting themselves in legal jeopardy.
What about skirting around the truth. I think that’s what BL’s parents have been doing.

Another thought. How long could one survive in the area they are now searching for Brian?

his parents showing up would be a complete <modsnip>, even if they wanted to be there. not saying that in defense of the parents. they have to know their son is hated; look at the neighbors yelling at them. how many people would show up to yell at them?

i don't think it's weird they are not there at all. what's weird is literally everything else.

his parents showing up would be a complete sh*tshow, even if they wanted to be there. not saying that in defense of the parents. they have to know their son is hated; look at the neighbors yelling at them. how many people would show up to yell at them?

i don't think it's weird they are not there at all. what's weird is literally everything else.

I agree but also I think the large police presence there would prevent people showing up in the search area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla