Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I slowed the speed play down. It looks like there is something on the windshield of the vehicle they are driving that is casting a shadow in the video. I didn’t see what I felt to be doors open and later close. Just my perspective however..

It's earlier.

It bothers me that the video of the couple driving past the van is edited. Could you watch it again and opine whether or not the doors were open as the couple were coming up the road, then edited, then the doors are closed as they drive by?

If I was alone in the van I would close the doors if I saw people approaching.
They are open at that point, and quickly close. So, someone was in the back of the van. imo.
I think so too!

Does anyone else notice on this video at 1:33 the doors open a little bit, then closes by 1:39 or is it just my eyes I used the Ipad and that’s what I thought my eyes saw.

It really does look like it IMO, from watching on a biggish TV, but also thinking there’s the water droplet causing distortion to consider too.

So, if they are telling the truth, it's now been about 5 full days since his parents last spoke to or saw Brian.

I'm thinking they are telling that much truth, at least. And since his MO seems to be fleeing back to where he feels safe & can count on being protected, I'm also thinking it's unlikely he would choose to go hide out in a swamp park, on his own, and supposedly carrying just a backpack.

What would be the point in that, after all? He would have to be delusional to think LE would magically stop being interested in him. And if he did kill Gabby & didn't put her body where it would be impossible to find, he must have worried every day since then that she would be found.

IMO, he's most likely to have already committed suicide, in that park.

Threads moving so fast, I might have missed this info:

Where did the elk hunters see the van exactly? Is LE searching there.

I wonder if after something happened to Gabby, Brian left the van and was trying to escape on foot. He realized how hard this would be, and decided to just go back and take the van home. He knew no matter what he did, he would get caught. There would be no way to explain a missing Gabby.

It looks very different (still photo from their Youtube video)—
View attachment 313336 View attachment 313337

ETA: Lighting and clutter makes a big difference, imo. (But I agree it looks stressful!)
Yeah I don’t think returning back to Florida the back of the van would look completely cleaned and organized if unless she cleaned it daily. She even mentioned in the video she tried organizing and cleaning the van and he got upset if I recall. Looks like it was cleaned just prior or after his return

He’s only damned if does, damned if don’t because he kept quiet in the 1st place. After all this time…yes that’s true. If he would’ve however, talked immediately after whatever happened, he wouldn’t seem so guilty. Maybe some would still point the finger, but not talking at all, and lawyering up screams I’m guilty. JMO

Driving half way across the country and hightailing it to mommy and daddy’s makes him guilty….at least of being a despicable human being(that’s assuming the theory of her going back with him isn’t true). Even if it was some freak accident and something happened to her out west. He left her there….or her remains there….presumably…..like a disposable piece of garbage. He deserves the vitriol and negative attention he’s receiving right now from those actions alone. MOO.

So…my theory is that it went down pretty simply. At some point they got into a bigger fight than the one the cops arrived at. He lost control and killed her. Hid her body in the tent or the car top carrier or whatever else. Realized he screwed up big time. Called his parents, told them he screwed up big time (or made up a less evil-sounding sob story), drove home, and got the lawyer. If he wanted to leave the country, the swamps in Florida is not the place to be, so I think he went to kill himself, honestly. It would be the natural end to doing something terrible you didn’t necessarily plan (or mean) to do, and no longer being able to face it. The ones who stayed alive long enough to be arrested were the ones cocky enough to come up with a fake alibi to tell the cops. Brian never did this. Brian quietly went home, got a lawyer, and hid. Therefore he is not confident or cocky enough to come up with a fake story to hopefully pass anything off as an accident. Thus my theory is that he screwed up bad, he went home and got a lawyer because he knew he screwed up bad, and now he’s laying dead in the swamp (under the swamp) somewhere. I do hope that he left a note somewhere on his body for the police to find, so the family will have closure. All of this MHOO, of course.

As an old time WS member and poster I just wanted to alert the newer members that there is a search option on each thread, so before you post links to outside information it would really slow the threads down if we all check to see if has already been posted. Also @oviedo does an excellent job keeping the media threads updated. Gabby's starts here:
WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE No discussion*

And at the top of each new thread you can click on the Watch Thread so you don't have to comment or post but you can keep up with the thread activity.

And at the beginning of each new thread the Mods have added important details that have been posted and learned.

I hope that we can slow down some of the multiple posts and links so we can all read and keep up with the new information. Just my unsolicited tips.

I disagree. He has just as much reason to stay quiet if he was not involved in G going missing for whatever reason. Because no matter what he says or does, people will still point the finger at him and as was discussed in the previous thread, the smart thing is to say nothing that can be used against you.

From a strictly legal standpoint--maybe--but ethics also enters the picture.

Had he come forward from the get-go -- guilty or not of wrongdoing -- his parents would not be going through this and it never would have blown up across the country as it has.

Gabby's parents would have more information, LE would not be searching two states, and Brian would look like a much better person. In the long run, he's going to get caught, or he may become desperate and off himself, but he had a chance at the beginning. Now, his stupidity is quickly seeing that chance melt away.

His parents appear to be complicit as well--they should have put their foot down and called police right away.

At this point -- they've lost all sympathy and if/when Brian is found, his behavior will work against him.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

Its not necessarily a gun case. If he had camera gear of any sort, it could be set up for that as well. As far as guns gun, it would be used for pistol/s depending on how it's set up inside. What type of foam it is, is it set up for them to lay horizontal, stand up vertical etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
It bothers me that the video of the couple driving past the van is edited. Could you watch it again and opine whether or not the doors were open as the couple were coming up the road, then edited, then the doors are closed as they drive by?

If I was alone in the van I would close the doors if I saw people approaching.

I think so too!
Maybe someone could reach out to the Youtubers to ask for unedited video!

Mother Gabby Petito confirms sighting of Gabby's van in Grand Teton days after she was last seen | Daily Mail Online

Currently, police are searching Spread Creek Campground, where the pair were parking their van during their stay at Grand Teton National Park, according to Petito's thedyrt.com account.

This morning, Petito's parents shared a video on their 'Find Gabby' Facebook page from YouTuber 'Red, White & Bethune' that caught a Ford Transit Van with Florida plates that the posters believe to be the vehicle that Petito and Laundrie had used to travel the country.

The video was taken on August 27 at around 6.30 pm at the Spread Creek Campground, where police are currently searching for the missing girl.

'We have this video, so does the FBI,' wrote the family on the Sunday morning post. 'We believe this is the van for multiple reasons.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998