Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also believe the hard case w/ foam the officer opens is a gun case. It makes even more sense if it was pulled from a glove box or trunk of the vehicle. ("lapse of time and pause for thought“). Not sure of FL gun laws, but I don’t think that part really matters here.

The parents must have given LE permission to open the car and specifically look for IMO the known firearm. Kind of interesting they didn’t want to do it. Maybe because of the crowds. Who knows. They are beyond frustrating and in way over their heads. IMO

If they were looking to see if a gun was in there that makes me even more convinced he may have been intending to kill himself.

But the lapse in time when it comes to the family reporting him missing is confusing and tends to lean me away from that theory. Why would they wait that long?

Gabby Petito’s van spotted in stranger’s footage at Grand Teton National Park, family believes

"We were editing our sunday video, tonight and we were looking at footage from on August 27th, 2021 around 6:00pm to 6:30pm in Spread Creek Dispersed Camping," the caption reads on YouTube.

"We had passed by a white van with Florida Plates. We noticed it because we are originally from Florida and wanted to stop and say hi.

"When we passed the van, all the lights were off and it didn't look like anyone was there. We ended up leaving because we couldn't find a spot," the caption continued.

The 2012 Ford Transit had a variety of stickers on the back with a Florida plate QFTG03.

The Find Gabby Facebook page, which is run by Petito’s family, said early Sunday that they have seen the video and so has the FBI.

"We believe this is the van for multiple reasons," her family wrote. "Please do not clog up the tip line with the same video. This is in the hands of the right people. Thank you so much, this is exactly why we are asking people to review older photos and video."

What is the app that someone was using to see planes? I was wondering if there were any air searches going on at Spread Creek.

Do you guys really think he left her at that park? I feel like she could be anywhere in the route he took back to Florida. Does LE have reason to believe that she is in that park somewhere and never left it?

I think they are looking at the timing when contact with family stopped (and not contacting her friend, Rose, as planned).

Some have said that a body begins to release gases very quickly. Would LE be able to detect that a recently deceased person had been in the van for several hours? It would’ve been pretty risky to travel with a body.

jmo

ETA: removed misquote.
Wait, do you mean 1:43-49 in the video?? Because 1:33 the van isn't even into view yet. I am just mainly seeing the angles of the black ladder on the back of the van, not really the back doors being slightly open and then shut.
No, it’s beginning at 1:33. If you keep your eyes on the back of the van starting about that time (I had to zoom in), you can see it close. There’s no tree or anything obstructing the door at that point.

If they were looking to see if a gun was in there that makes me even more convinced he may have been intending to kill himself.

But the lapse in time when it comes to the family reporting him missing is confusing and tends to lean me away from that theory. Why would they wait that long?

Just want to clear this up. The cops did carry that case in to the scene. It's on the WFLA J.B. Buinnos FB stream. The video is over 3 hours. I believe it's around the 2 hour 14 min mark.

A Wiki page can have specified ways to built your own rocketship to Mars if it wants. Just because a Wiki page says something doesn't mean it has anything to do with what holds up under American law.

I think we can retire this "Zone of Death" stuff, imo, because no land area that sees a murder committed is immune from prosecution anywhere in the U.S.

Likely trolls are having a field day on that Wiki.

Hi all, I apologize if this is the incorrect place to post this (if it is, please remove!), however, I came across this today and I feel as though I need to post it. To preface this, I believe this is simply a coincidence, but for the sake of posterity, I'd like to just throw this information out there. While looking at the 'Zone of Death' Wikipedia article, I came across some strange edits that took place on Sept. 4, 2021. The minor edits changed mentions of the word "purported [loophole]" to "real [loophole]." This was reverted the next day. I think that the strangest parts of these edits were the summary message - "It is now tested you can kill in the zone of death." As you all know, Sept. 4 is about a week after Gabby disappeared and about a week before she was reported missing.

The IP which made these edits has only vandalized this page. I did a quick command find to find other instances of vandalism on the article, and there had been three reversions since the article's inception for "possible vandalism." These items have been reverted (according to the reversion messages) for "vandalism." Furthermore, none of those possible vandalizations had such disturbing messages (or edits) attached to them.

View attachment 313375

I wanted to just throw this out there. Again, I believe that this is simply a troll coincidence, however, I wanted to make it known that such a coincidence is present rather than just keep the information to myself. Whoever posted this information did so without an account, and as such, their IP address was used as an ID. It is not my wish to dox this individual - please treat this information simply as a coincidence.

Especially if they saw the empty gun case when the picked up the car on Tuesday!!!!

The Dyrt side says that WiFi in Spread Creek Dispersed Camping area is only FAIR

If your income depended on spending hours a day working on a blog, why would you stay in an area with only FAIR Wifi, when you could drive 15 miles and be in Coulter Bay in an internet cafe with fast WiFi, a table, food and coffee, and a chance to get out of the van?

Just like they were in the co-op cafe in Moab for 6 hours while she worked on her blog.

Did she ever get to blog in Coulter Bay? Was this where she video chatted with her Mom? Does that mark when she disappeared?
I don’t believe they made any income from social media at the time. She was in the beginning stages.

As for the van spotting by the Bethunes, was there a place around there to camp or hike? Is it considered suspicious at all based on the location?

I wonder if he told his parents he was going for a hike and camping so to go ahead and pick up his car so it wasn't parked there overnight. Then, after two days goes by and they didn't hear from him, maybe they started to worry. Or, maybe on Friday they realized a gun was missing?

I'm guessing they assumed he was hiding, which they were fine with.

Then they realized the gun was gone.

That case in your link is much different in size than the one the cops looked at. It's wider longer and not as deep. Pelican and other companies make cases the same styles as their gun cases that are used for electronics, camera equipment etc.

The handle on the case they were looking at not only does not look the one posted from Ebay but if you just search for "handgun case" on Amazon, none of them have as flimsy looking of a handle as the one the cops had. The handle looks like something on a lunch box, not on a gun case.

The Dyrt side says that WiFi in Spread Creek Dispersed Camping area is only FAIR

If your income depended on spending hours a day working on a blog, why would you stay in an area with only FAIR Wifi, when you could drive 15 miles and be in Coulter Bay in an internet cafe with fast WiFi, a table, food and coffee, and a chance to get out of the van?

Just like they were in the co-op cafe in Moab for 6 hours while she worked on her blog.

Did she ever get to blog in Coulter Bay? Was this where she video chatted with her Mom? Does that mark when she disappeared?
Coulter Bay may have been full or too expensive. She can always work on the videos without wifi, then just upload it when they get somewhere that does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member