Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the van or not, it really doesn't make too much of a difference. It clearly IS their van. imo
Except that if it is verifiably him, and if she is found to be already dead with her TOD establishable, maybe his location can be pinpointed, instead of his possible story of being off somewhere and "random evil stranger" did it.

It seems to me that there were lots of people at the Spread Creek campground.
The Bethune video shows numerous vehicles pulled over to camp.
The Bethunes left because they couldn't find a camping spot as the camping areas were full.
There must be plenty of people who were back there and might now be recalling seeing Gabby's van.
jmho

I thought the couple said they didn't see anyone in the van?
They did. They said it was shut right down with no one in sight, because they'd considered stopping to say Hi. Honestly, I don't see what others are seeing. Perhaps the flip flop, but not enough to feel it's credible. I lean towards possible pareidolia.

Kyla Galer
@kylagaler

35m
#NEW the family of #BrianLaundrie told North Port PD they picked up a Ford Mustang from the Carlton Reserve, the same car they say Brian drove to the park. NPPD spokesperson says there’s a possibility Brian hurt himself there. #GabbyPetito #FindGabby
https://twitter.com/kylagaler/status/1439674184859275270?s=20

What's extremely odd to me about this possibility, is why did he conceal himself? If he committed suicide, he made sure he would not be easily found also? I don't know. imo.

If NPPD can't/won't even run the plate of the Mustang, never mind investigate anything of Brian in respect of missing Gabby, I assume the same doesn't apply to the FBI?

Or right now because a crime hasn't been declared not even e.g. the Transit gas stops back to Florida haven't been checked/determined?

What, if anything, can LE do legally as it stands?

I wonder if one of the things he was doing in Colter Bay Village (if the TikToker is correct) was accessing an ATM machine so he would have cash for gas and wouldn't have to pay with a credit card on the way home.

According to this page, the General Store has an ATM. He may have been flush with cash, which would explain why he was offering $200 for a ride.

General Store - Colter Bay Village

Excellent. $200 is precisely what you would get from an ATM if you have a low daily withdrawl limit

Sometimes it's impossible to track search flights because search/police, aircraft/helicopters remain invisible to FlightRadar24. The app is great though for commercial and some private flights. Military, police, search—not so much.

There is a big cold storm coming in so I think the weather conditions are poor for flying

Excellent. $200 is precisely what you would get from an ATM if you have a low daily withdrawl limit

It’s such a weird offer though. I don’t know why he would offer that much cash. It draws attention to oneself. It makes one appear desperate. It would have been smarter to ask for a ride, give some sort of valid reason, and offer to pay for a tank of gas.

Once you obtain a permit for camping in this area, is it just whoever gets there first gets the spots? So no assigned type camping areas, just get the permit and find a spot? EVen if that is the case, won't the park services know who obtained permits for the same time that they did? Is this not how it works?

My belief is that BL's parents (or at least one of them), believe every word their son says and take every word at face value. They probably have since the day he spoke his first words. That's why he lives at home, has no visible means of independence and probably has 1000 reasons why he can't work, won't work, shouldn't work, can't work. That's why I think they called their lawyer friend in NY because they believed every word of BL's story and wanted to get guidance on how to protect him because they believed he was innocent of whatever he was afraid LE would think about this situation.

So when he said he wanted to go hiking and he said when he would be back, they took him at face value. Believing he was innocent, they didn't think much of his hike.

I don't think they are calculating, shrewd, deflecting or buying BL time. I think they just have this default mode that leans toward believing their son is misunderstood, innocent and never in the wrong. Everything is everyone else's fault when it comes to him. They feel sorry for him and try to help him out and do what he asks them to do without question.

I think many of us know people who are like this when it comes to their children, maybe not to this degree, but pretty close.

It’s such a weird offer though. I don’t know why he would offer that much cash. It draws attention to oneself. It makes one appear desperate. It would have been smarter to ask for a ride, give some sort of valid reason, and offer to pay for a tank of gas.

Maybe he was desperate. Maybe he was not thinking straight, in some sort of mental health episode. He isn't Ted Bundy, he isn't ice cold and calculated.

That occurred just as she was slowing down the video, I think it's a technical thingy due to her action to slow it down so it could be viewed more clearly.

I don't think it really matters much (or at all) but I was referring to the section of the video before the woman edits and slows it down.

But if somebody is reported missing - wouldn't the first thing for LE to do is to enter their residence? And yes, she was living there and her van was there even if she wasn't the home owner. I am not talking about an investigation, or interrogation - just simply a WELLNESS CHECK. Her car was there. As far as they knew - she could have been inside, captive or injured, why not at least get a warrant just to search the place? why wait a week?
It was not a crime. Whether Gabby lived there or not, LE needs the permission of the owner of that property in order to enter the home. A warrant is all but impossible because they do not have enough to change the missing status to a crime status. They proceeded correctly under the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla