Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think it will end up well, and I doubt we’ll ever be able to find out what exactly happened.

Moab PD describe incident between Gabby Petito, boyfriend as 'mental health crisis'

The only professional people who saw them during the trip were the policemen and the article says that both of GP and BL said they “suffered from an unspecified mental health condition”. Add to it, 23 years of age, probably, not too mature 23-year-olds, with not a very viable plan to get rich and famous, traveling across the country…and i am thinking, logically, what if any of them needed meds? Both? Were they consistent during the travel?

Whatever happened to Gabby, I hope, was an accident, not in any way premeditated. Whatever happened to BL, we might eventually find out.

I have one question. Did anyone, anywhere, see any mentioning of BL returning home? In person? We know the van is with his parents. We know he lawyered up. Which probably means the lawyer represents him. But what if immediately after (whatever happened in UT? WY?) he got in touch with his family, abandoned the van for them to pick it up and took off? Then he had more time than we think, and could be anywhere.

We are told he drove the van back. There is his family, there is a lawyer representing him. There is the van. But did anyone else, a layperson, a neighbor, LE, see him coming back - with their own eyes? Because it is far easier to disappear and get in hiding from the travel route than drive back home. And there is more time. If indeed the last contact was on August 25th and the case opened on September 11th, enough time for someone to fly to the area, pick up the van and drive it back, and BL - either to head in a different direction, or better, for yet someone else to pick him up and drive elsewhere (didn’t he have relatives in Oregon?). Before September 11th, anything could be done.

Maybe he was desperate. Maybe he was not thinking straight, in some sort of mental health episode. He isn't Ted Bundy, he isn't ice cold and calculated.
He may not be Ted Bundy, but he and his family do seem to be ice cold. The complete lack of response to GP’s families communications as to where she was before LE was involved is ice cold and deliberate. If he harmed her, agree it was not a plan, was a crime of passion, although I do not think that should mitigate the severity of any sentencing if it comes to that.

So…if they found a body this quickly after launching a major search after Brian disappeared, I’m going to guess there was a note left behind, and that Brian probably killed himself and is at the bottom of a swamp somewhere. MHOO

I’m having trouble understanding logically how if he “was involved” in Gabbys disappearance he wouldnt make the decision to take his own life at that time, instead of driving the van all the way back to his parents, making people aware there was an issue and essentially alerting people to the fact that Gabby wasn’t with him and then taking off and self harming after the heat is well and truly on him.
That is just very strange to me. If he didn’t take his own life at the time, making the decision to do it now just baffles me. If there are any psychologists around please someone explain this thought process to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member