Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubtful this presser would be happening absent something very significant. I suspect this has been going on for a few hours. MassGuy? posted they announced stopping the search for BL; shortly thereafter a local reporter who has been on scene at the Laundrie home announced police suddenly marked off the area pushing everyone way back after having done none of this for a week; then the news of the coroner and dogs leaving the search in WY.

This seems so pointed that I'm seriously wondering if the parents, for all the grief we have given them, actually finally did the right thing on Friday. This is when their search became extremely focused on Spread Creek.
That sounds very likely. Perhaps for some people, they can't feel empathy until the same thing happens to themselves. The fear and anguish of losing their son may have finally made them come clean - or a quid pro quo was struck. "How do you know he's missing? Maybe he's just taking a hike. We won't go find him unless you give us a reason why he may be a danger to himself!"

This is an incredibly difficult time for (Petito's) family and friends."

An attorney who has been acting as a spokesman for the Petito family could not be reached immediately for comment.

An undeveloped camping area on the east side of Grand Teton bordering national forest land will remain closed until further notice while the investigation continues, Jones said.

Jones said investigators are still seeking information from anyone who may have seen Petito or Laundrie around some camping sites located on Grand Teton National Park's eastern boundary, the same site that was the subject of a law enforcement search efforts over the weekend.
Body Of Missing Florida Woman Likely Found In Wyoming

E_rpKW2X0AAJkSl

3:33 PM · Sep 19, 2021

Does anyone know how close the body was found to where the van was sighted on the side of the road?
I'm curious too. That couple saw the van on the side of the road on the 27th.
A video posted online early Sunday filmed by family travel vloggers purports to show the van that missing New York woman Gabby Petito and finacé Brian Laundrie were traveling in around the time it is believed she went missing.
"We were going to stop and say hi, but the van was dark and didn't look like there was activity, so we just decided to keep going," Bethune said.

Nothing about the van, which they noticed while they looked for a campsite, struck her as abnormal.
Bethune said she spoke with Petito's mother, Nichole Schmidt, via FaceTime on Sunday. She said Schmidt thanked her for sharing the footage.

"We had a very good cry together from one mom to another," Bethune said.

She added she contacted the FBI at 1 a.m. Sunday immediately after she found the footage.​
Family travel vloggers share video they believe shows Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie's van around time of her disappearance
No confirmation from the FBI. Apologies if someone has already answered - I'm having terrible connection issues.

Is it certain BL killed her?

No, at this point it is not certain. Despite what some previous replies may have said :). There is no new evidence AFAIK to that end. Many have their speculations - many, many invested, aching thousands, all around the world - but we have no clear-cut narrative of how the as-yet unidentified deceased came to be found where and how they were found and announced this evening.

Charles Jones of the Denver FBI field office announced the finding and expressed condolences for the Petito family "as they mourn the loss of their daughter." While forensic investigations have yet to confirm the body as Petito's, and a cause of death has not yet been determined, he said officials expressed their "sincere and heartfelt condolences to family."

"Our thoughts and prayers are with them," he said, asking people the respect their privacy "as they mourn the loss of their daughter."

North Port Police Department has also been part of the investigation into Petito's disappearance.

"Saddened and heartbroken to learn that Gabby has been found deceased," the police department tweeted. "Our focus from the start, along with the FBI, and national partners, has been to bring her home. We will continue to work with the FBI in the search for more answers."
Gabby Petito update: FBI confirms body found in Wyoming national park

I guess we won't know if a crime has been commiteted till they do their forensic work.I still think he just left her there and she died either looking for him or trying to get to town.

Unlikely. The spot where her body was found was a short walk from the main campground road and there were other people camped all along it. If he had just driven off and left her, she would have been able to reach help pretty easily.

Going back to the stop in Moab, you have to wonder how those Rangers are feeling. Ofcourse they couldn't know, couldn't predict....

This is devastating....heartrending.
My heart goes out to her parents, step parents, her siblings, her bff Rose.
In my head I hear the one officer tell the other it's his call and he's leaving. I can't imagine how heavy that choice will lie on his heart forever. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305