Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I wrong or have the remains not been confirmed to be that of Gabby's? I know it is probably her, but I have not seen any statement that the remains are definitively hers. Just don't want to jump the gun!

It keeps getting reported that she was found in Grand Teton National Park. I think technically this is not correct, she was found in Bridger-Teton National Forest. Not that it really matters that much. :(

In a death investigation, even the tiniest, most seemingly insignificant details should matter.

The news is coming over the radio, and they are not saying the found body is Gabby's. So either they are not quite up to date, or it has not been confirmed.

Does anyone know why it took so long for the FBI to be involved?

Doesn't it seem like maybe the parents did finally fess up that a crime was committed in WY in order to have them look for their son? Is that the trigger they needed to get the FBI involved in the search for GP?

Otherwise, he was not a suspect. He was a free man. He was allowed to take a hike anywhere he pleases. So many adult males don't come back for a few days. Why would they send such a swarm of people to go look for him otherwise?

Last edited:
How was it determined it was only 1000 ft from where the van was seen? Searchers appeared to be on horseback which would not seem to be consistent with this.

Im not sure but the video looked to be close to the creek bed
about site 5 or 6
there are two river bed raised area like sand bar near the land that is on the map that was on the video.... but could be anywhere but just looked like the area. JMO

If the remains were found 1000 ft from van location, I would think the van was there for that purpose. That would explain the poor selection of camping sites. It does not look like a site that would be chosen unless every other was taken.

That sounds very likely. Perhaps for some people, they can't feel empathy until the same thing happens to themselves. The fear and anguish of losing their son may have finally made them come clean - or a quid pro quo was struck. "How do you know he's missing? Maybe he's just taking a hike. We won't go find him unless you give us a reason why he may be a danger to himself!"

Pinpointing the location of Gabby's body appears to be related to the 'vlogging' family from FL who noticed her van and had dashcam footage of it.
They contacted LE this past Friday with this information and video.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1439727740664561668?s=21

New statement from Laundrie family attorney:
The news about Gabby Petito is heartbreaking. The Laundrie family prays for Gabby and her family.

I believe their statement as much as I believe that their silence was due to innocence/lack of knowledge.

not at all.

they’ll only cry if it’s THEIR son who’s found dead. Never mind the young woman who was so close to them. I dislike this family so much.

Seems to me that it all comes down to the medical examiner's report at this point. Obviously a ruling that her death was accidental, exonerates him completely, but an inconclusive ruling would have essentially the same effect. I truly hope that the Coroner is still able to determine cause of death with enough certainty, that a solid case can be brought against BL.

I can't see his parents getting charged. I am unable to remember any case where that happened. If they did somehow aid in his escape, they'll probably get away with it.

NOOOO so sad to see this news :(

SBM
sorry, I definitely missed something. can you explain how/where she was discovered? TIA :)

The remains found are consistent with being Gabby but not 100% confirmation. I think it's safe to say it's her especially considering where she was found. She was found not found from the last video of where their van was seen by the YouTube couple in Grand Teton, WY.

Giving you the link to the live feed I am watching.

Sorry but I think most of you folks are missing it. Perhaps it's me. I don't think Brian killed her. Maybe I'm wrong. I think she killed herself. We will soon know the truth. But it does bother me how folks have so little compassion for the grief of Brian. It is sad. Everyone has an agenda. But sometimes life doesn't follow the agenda. Regardless, pray for Gabby, Brian and all parents.

Updated - body found - a sad day for all of us
————-

Snipping the timeline and working on it - specifically the cars in the driveway during Sept12-17

AUG 24: The couple were seen checking out of a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah
AUG 25: Petito’s family spoke to her for the last time over the phone and she said she was in Grand Teton National Park
Last phone call between Gabby & her mom, Nicole Schmidt. Last Instagram post from Monarch Wall in Ogden, Utah.
AUG 25 - Couple spots van at 5pm at Jenny Lake - alerts LE 9/17 they saw it

AUG 27
- Gabby's uncle posts there was a snapchat Gabby sent a friend -heading to Yellowstone (in Dailymail article)
AUG 27-a Van is seen in the side of the road and youtubers post it - MSM picks up the story - could be Gabbys
In the video the lady says it was recorded Aug 27, 2021 at between 6:00 to 6:30 PM
AUG 27 & 30
: text messages from Gabby’s phone sent to mom
After August 30th, Gabby’s parents weren’t able to get in contact with Gabby or her fiance. Her fiance’s mother also was not responding to any phone calls.
AUG 29- BL is picked up at 5:30pm while
hiking alone in Grand Teton (tiktok reported in MSM)
B alleged that Laundrie had confessed to camping at an unregulated site in the National Park "in the middle of nowhere along Snake River."

AUG 29 Elk hunters spot van

AUG 30: Text from Gabby to Mom - No service in Yosemite
August 31: A new list titled “Self-Consumption” appeared on the couple’s Spotify
SEP 1: BL returns home to FL alone, (retains an attorney we don’t know when) & is uncooperative with the investigation
SEP 10:: Gabby’s mother texted BL and his mother, RL, trying to get in touch with Gabby, but neither replied. The family alerted the National Park Service.

Sept 10- Gabbys Dad contacts LE?

SEP 11: Gabby’s family report her missing 7 PM
Sep 11: Van seized at the home of BL parents in NorthPort FL - FBI

Sept12-15- working on which cars were in the driveway- camper, mustang, red vehicle

Sep 14: BL family lawyer issues statement
Note: a vehicle left driveway at 6:04pm

Sept 15: NorthPort police names BL as Person of Interest

Sept 15: Gabby's family issues another statement

Sep 15- Northport police chief asks BL lawyer to assist in finding Gabby
Sep 17 - FBI takes over search in WY (GTNP =Grand Teton National Park)

Sept 17- BL family asks police to come to their home
Sept 17- LE at BL home - he is declared missing by his parents as of Tuesday
Parents admit driving the mustang back after finding it at the preserve
Sept18- searches for Gabby and BL
Sept 19 - searches continue
Sept 19
- FBI announces body found and offers condolences to the family of Gabby Petito in press conference
—-
WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE No discussion*

Elk hunters sighting
Search intensifies for Gabby Petito; police respond to Laundrie home in Florida
Reporter Brian Entin video he posted on Tuesday 9/14 at 6:04 pm and he said the parents had left an hour previously.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1437930287170822152?s=21

Then video of them returning in a red truck.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1437932624534769668?s=21

——-
  • this reporter says that Brian’s family called police this morning and says he was last seen at the reserve by them and they came here on Tuesday and saw his mustang and drove it hom
Updated with new YouTube video

Last edited:
t4560.gif
:(

Rest peacefully, sweet girl. Prayers for her family.

I hope justice is swift and unforgiving.

Billy Jensen's book, Chase Darkness with Me, covered how he thought LE needed to embrace digital media platforms to share images of suspects and requests for information in open cases. He talked about how the spread of CCTV, private security cameras, and people recording and posting images and videos can help bring in evidence in open cases. I think this case is a good example of it - crowd sourcing images and videos at specific places give LE more contemporaneous evidence to help narrow down places to look.

Jensen runs campaigns using targeted Facebook ads to ask people in specific limited areas - like blocks of where a crime occurred - to try to get people to identify unknown people from surveillance videos. It is interesting to see how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305