Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really, really sorry to hear this very sad news.

I am glad that they have found Gabby.
A renown detective here says "the worst thing for the family is not finding the remains, the worst thing is never finding the remains".

RIP Gabby. Taken far too soon.

My sadness is clouding what should be my Christian values of any compassion for the Laundrie family.

I would like to point out to them that so far this crime appears to have been committed within the boundaries of Grand Teton National Park. That means it is a Federal crime.

It is not prosecuted by the DA of Teton County, WY. It is prosecuted through the US Dept of Justice with US District Attorneys. Federal crime, Federal punishment, Federal prison, federal correctional facility. They are all over the US, and just inconvenient enough that your relatives will expend time and $$ trying to visit you.

No Teton County jail stuff. Federal prison

I hope this crime is prosecuted to the full extent of the law for all culpable people that are guilty of the crimes, of obstruction of justice for the crimes, or of harboring fugitives.

This entire situation is tragic and was so preventable. I feel so horrible for both Gabby’s and Brian’s families.

don’t waste time feeling bad for Brian’s family. They don’t even feel bad about this. They only feel bad for themselves.

this is obvious based on the actions they took or didn’t take this month.

Sorry but I think most of you folks are missing it. Perhaps it's me. I don't think Brian killed her. Maybe I'm wrong. I think she killed herself. We will soon know the truth. But it does bother me how folks have so little compassion for the grief of Brian. It is sad. Everyone has an agenda. But sometimes life doesn't follow the agenda. Regardless, pray for Gabby, Brian and all parents.

Even if BL accidentally killed her (example, shaking her to death) what he should have done was gone straight to LE about it, not go on the lam. Likewise, had GP committed suicide, BL should have gone straight to LE about it.

RIP Gabby

i am guessing that many times she must of thought of leaving but just could not. I wish she got arrrested too, that he didn't get a hotel and her get the keys to the van. So many would have could haves i am sure. he was in fact chumming up to LE , comparing relationships, lending thoughts to her having her moments (paraphrase), etc.

Jail would have been safer, even for a sweet little girl like her. Her

You know, I think as a society we need heroic victims and perfect villains. But life isn't always that way. My sense is this guy was an abusive, controlling gaslighter. But it appears that Gabby was not totally stable and resorted to violence in response to his abusiveness.

Frankly, I wish she had been arrested that day. It seems to me that numerous biases were at play on that occasion that led to Gabby not being arrested. I think had she been not as pretty and/or of a different ethnic background, she might have been arrested. I think if she was a man and not a woman, there would've been an arrest.

I mean yes, there seemed to be a good ol' boys thing going on. But the bottom line for me is she was not arrested and per the law, she should have been. Even if his emotional abuse and control "instigated" what she did.

And I can't help but think of the unforeseen consequences of failing to take domestic violence serious.

I believe Gabby would likely be alive today had she been arrested. She would have called her parents to get bail money. Then her family could've gotten more involved and have become aware of the nature of the relationship. She would have had a forced separation from the dude, that may have allowed her to clear her head. She may have been able to see the danger to her - her reputation, her record, her future - if she stayed with that guy.

Instead, she continued on the dark path she was on with the photogenic social media prop she was with, and likely no realization as to the serious danger he posed to her, until it was too late.

If she killed herself, why didn't Brian report it?

It's impossible for me to have any compassion for Brian's grief, since I haven't seen any evidence of it.

Sorry but I think most of you folks are missing it. Perhaps it's me. I don't think Brian killed her. Maybe I'm wrong. I think she killed herself. We will soon know the truth. But it does bother me how folks have so little compassion for the grief of Brian. It is sad. Everyone has an agenda. But sometimes life doesn't follow the agenda. Regardless, pray for Gabby, Brian and all parents.

How appropriate that today is Ethan Bethune's birthday. After reading the website about Ethan and his mom's PayItForward campaign, I learned that he was always doing special random acts for people, I would like to believe that it was Ethan's little angel spirit that helped the rescuers bring Gabby home. Rest Easy Sweet Girl..

I understand why you might want to believe this, but I think it’s highly, highly unlikely this is the case. It seems probable (although of course unconfirmed) that she was buried. No sign of a body was visible in the footage from the news helicopter (from what I saw, at least)—the area the tent was covering showed no obvious signs a body was there. And there’s no way a person can bury themselves if they commit suicide. Also, if she did hypothetically take her own life, BLs behavior makes even less sense. Homicides are sometimes mistaken for suicides, but suicides are very rarely mistaken for homicides, so BL high-tailing it back to Florida because he’s worried about being held responsible for a suicide doesn’t hold water IMO.

BL arrived home 9/1 without Gabby- today is 9/19 - assuming she was deceased between 8/27 and 8/30 - I would suggest their gamble on time passing with her in the elements may pay off- I hope not - but it’s a possibility. jMO

My guess is (this is hard to type) that he left her in a shallow grave. Just have a feeling he marked it with some small something or buried something with her, not to show power over her, but because he believes he's a good person. And it wasn't his fault. It didn't seam like LE were looking for anything else, so hopefully her body is intact and there's clues.

Suicide based on???? So Brian lawyered up to deal with his grief? I don't see grief in his behavior, I see guilt.
Perhaps, and I'm, not always right. Really, I'm not. But, she had shown to be a bit over the top that LE was involved twice. She was definitely stressed about the vanlife thing. They had just released the video. The were fighting. Any doubt that she was unhappy? I'm not the worlds best judge in people and I only see them on the other side of an internet feed but what I see, that guy was never going to kill her. That guy, with all his flaws, was all hers. Maybe you see something different. And that's ok. But not me, not yet. I don't see him as the kind of guy that can kill a snake let alone his fiance.

How do you know Hrisn i

How do you know Brian is grieving? Suicide is a possibility, the thought crossed my mind but that does not explain the refusal to communicate with GP’s family. Why don’t you think BL killed her?

I wouldn’t personally throw out this theory either. If it was the result of a big fight or something it’s possible, and she ran into the woods….and then BL would definitely be implicated, and scared. With that said, unless they carried a gun, it would be kinda hard for her to do, so I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater