Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t keep up with these threads. But can someone confirm, is it true this Brian never held a job? Is there any word at all in employment?

I just need to know if he was allowed to be a total freeloader driving a mustang and dating a beautiful girl or if he actually worked (on or off books).

Thanks.

Sorry but I think most of you folks are missing it. Perhaps it's me. I don't think Brian killed her. Maybe I'm wrong. I think she killed herself. We will soon know the truth. But it does bother me how folks have so little compassion for the grief of Brian. It is sad. Everyone has an agenda. But sometimes life doesn't follow the agenda. Regardless, pray for Gabby, Brian and all parents.
If she killed herself, why didn't Brian notify authorities? Why did he flee the scene, lawyer up and refuse to speak to her parents? There is nothing compassionate about the guy. He's a toxic narcissist who is incapable of empathy. JMO

Am I wrong or have the remains not been confirmed to be that of Gabby's? I know it is probably her, but I have not seen any statement that the remains are definitively hers. Just don't want to jump the gun!
They are treating this as an identification pending forensic follow up. Her family is treating it as true. I think it's safe to say that it's a positive ID and the rest is a formality.

I have a feeling two families will be burying their children in this case.

My heart goes out to Gabby’s family. It’s of little solace, but at least they get to bring her home. So many missing still out there.

He is at HIGH risk of suicide imo. Prayers they can catch him and throw him behind bars before he takes his own life...get the truth out of him!

What did you do to Gabby, Brian?

Hey where did you see the tent?
Agree this is all-around awful. I'm heartbroken.

Could you provide a link to this footage, would like to check it out and having a lot of trouble finding

I was looking at the helicopter footage from the media thread. Here is a link to the news station replaying cuts of it.

Sorry but I think most of you folks are missing it. Perhaps it's me. I don't think Brian killed her. Maybe I'm wrong. I think she killed herself. We will soon know the truth. But it does bother me how folks have so little compassion for the grief of Brian. It is sad. Everyone has an agenda. But sometimes life doesn't follow the agenda. Regardless, pray for Gabby, Brian and all parents.
911. All he had to do was call 911. But instead he drove thousands of miles away as fast as he could and stayed silent. The grief of Brian? If he lives, who will he be trying to control next? The grief is that murdering sociopaths live among us.
MOO

IMO, they knew a lot, else they would have spoken to Gabby's parents a long time ago and contributed what they could have toward the search for her.

Hopefully the animals didn’t destroy too much evidence.

I’m hesitant to put too much blame on the BL parents yet. We don’t know how much they knew or didn’t know. I imagine we will eventually find out as it’s likely Gabby’s family will take them to court.

MOO!
The Police are NOT to blame for her death. We do not know that she was murdered and we sure should not call those officers (one of which was a female) "Pals of the Murderer" ... Emotions are running high , perhaps it is just the moment...
Just a point of clarification. The woman was a park ranger, not a police officer.

Until they can determine the cause of death, nothing is certain. Unless LE has concrete evidence that they haven't released yet, we won't se BL charged with anything or even named as a suspect. Right now all we know is that there was a death, not that there was any crime.
I disagree. They could arrest him right now if they could find the fleeing POI.

Reasons:
Her van was pictured right there, where her remains were eventually found. HE was later found with HER van, and her credit cards, and refused to tell anyone where she was.
So we know he was with her at one time, in the location her body was later found. And he then took the van and her wallet, and ran back to his parents, alone. I think that is absolutely enough for Probable Cause warrant.

What grief? People who are grieving don't abandon their dead and just go home and refuse to give any answers to their dead loved one's family.

IMO he is evil.

Great post. This case is heartbreaking heartbreaking . IMO the interaction with law enforcement (and the infinite amount of other domestic call body cam videos that could be researched as well) has so much potential for analysis and training purposes. I don't blame the police. Yes, she could have been taken out of harms way but for how long? It still was brewing. I think the police treated them in good faith. It wasn't perfect. It is a real tragedy that they met in the first place.

I believe he pulled over to this spot because there is a small wooden log bridge that leads to the open field, this would make carrying her body easier

nS82XX7.jpg

If the remains were found 1000 ft from van location, I would think the van was there for that purpose. That would explain the poor selection of camping sites. It does not look like a site that would be chosen unless every other was taken.

I hope they can determine time of death...and cause of death
but since we know she had no contact after 25th facetime and then 27th (maybe) snapchat is uncertain. But he is hiking the 29th. then rushed home to FL that night if the fuel stop at 11pm is accurate.... I think they picked the camping area then she died......and yes they may have tried to get a regular campsite at a state park but they were all taken. It has been crazy this year trying to get reservations in state parks.... and again maybe they wanted free camping since this one was on her Dyrt account.

If she killed herself, why didn't Brian notify authorities? Why did he flee the scene, lawyer up and refuse to speak to her parents? There is nothing compassionate about the guy. He's a toxic narcissist who is incapable of empathy. JMO

There isn't a lot to explain BL's actions in any scenario - including some kind of DV murder.

I hope we get answers.

Very, very telling. Search warrant must be close to being executed.

We’re outside #BrianLaundrie’s home in North Port. Police tell us they will soon move us back away from the house. I was also told to move my car so that the FBI didn’t come in and tow it. FBI is not here right now.
6479ECE6-9E3A-47E4-93AF-66D119BC8D38.jpeg
https://twitter.com/mckennakingtv/status/1439735352021995521?s=21

It's so hard to have compassion for him when we don't know that he is in fact grieving. In fact, we know nothing of what he knows and thinks. But it does seem odd to most people that he decided upon the course of action he has taken if GP had, as you say, in fact committed suicide for some reason at that spot on that particular day. We know nothing but can only speculate based on the observable facts and what can most likely be deduced from them.

Am I wrong or have the remains not been confirmed to be that of Gabby's? I know it is probably her, but I have not seen any statement that the remains are definitively hers. Just don't want to jump the gun!
The remains are consistent with description of Gabby. I’m assuming they use identifying features (tattoos), clothing & maybe jewelry to come to this conclusion. I don’t think that they would say the above statement if they weren’t 99% sure. They notified her parents as well.
Gabby Petito update: Human remains found in Wyoming are 'consistent' with description of missing 22-year-old - CNN

Last edited:
The Laundries made a Solomon-like decision - turning their son in or helping him escape.
Sometimes, tribal loyalty can be a deadly thing.

Don't see it that way myself. What I see is a son who called them from Wyoming & who told them he had accidentally killed Gabby during an argument. Any remotely decent people would have told him then to stay out, they were coming out, but that he would have to turn himself into LE & explain what happened. No kind of parent I can understand would be willing to put Gabby's parents through the hell of not knowing where their precious child was, and no person I can understand would have been ok with Gabby being left out there alone.

Ah, this is terrible news.

Not unexpected, but terrible news. At least the search didn’t have to drag on forever, and her family can have some modicum of peace.

RIP, sweet girl.

Like why, that they love their son and their son's soul mate? They should be hated? Really? Why? Tell me why? No, don't. The point is, you don't know how she died. I don't know how she died. Why can't you wait till the medical examiners report before you start a campaign of hate against others.

When did his parents do anything to indicate they “love” or even care about Gabby?

Did they say it? Because I certainly didn’t see them say it.

Even in their lawyers’ statement, they haven’t said it.

I agree that they are not the same people as Brian, and according to the rules of WS they are probably still victims; but they're the least helpful and cooperative victims I can remember seeing in recent crime history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288