Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Human remains" are just that...what remains of a human body. I wouldn't put too much stock into the use of that description. I've seen it used to describe anything from a leg in a shoe to a complete skeleton or even a body only deceased for a few hours. FWIW

A very sad but not unexpected outcome. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone who loved Gabby.

Gabby Petito case: FBI confirms human remains are missing woman's

Yes, the press conference said that they could determine this to an all-but-certainty at least 30 mins ago, IIRC; and I feel pretty sure this is because they found enough of a 5'5" 110lb blonde to say with 98% certainty it was her.

I don't think they were relying upon some severed finger with a ring upon it when they made their determination, or similar. I think they "all but knew" until they checked the dental records to be certain.

Also the news anchor said the chopper saw what they believed was relevant evidence around noon and they have been holding it back until LE confirmed and notified the family. I think they have chopper footage that they are not releasing for obvious reasons. I think we'll learn more when the coroner releases initial findings.

I imagine the helicopter crew saw a patch of relatively freshly dug earth. That is one thing that they look out for when they suspect someone may have been murdered.

The #GabbyPetito family lawyer just released the below statement:

https://twitter.com/jossiecarbonare/status/1439738332032942084?s=21
E_r6YdpXEAg7b5D

This is a screenshot from the vlogger's raw video, right before they come even with Gabby's van ( you can see the back of it in the picture). Are these two people circled? The one on the left side has a backpack?

Edit: I brightened the image as far as I could on my phone

Attachments

• 20210919_195400.jpg
    20210919_195400.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 649
Been following this story for a couple of days now and... I think we all knew this was coming, but it's still incredibly sad.

I can't imagine what Gabby's family are going through right now. To think she was just travelling doing vanlife with her fiancé, the person who it would seem as though she loved and wanted to marry.

I personally believe that Brian killed her, whether it was accidental or not (although most likely not or else why did he run away from the scene instead of notifying the police what had happened? It would have saved him a bunch of prison time). I also do believe that his family were aware, which is why they have been quiet about it... and although it is terrible for her family to be left wondering, I can see why they would have covered for him.

Hopefully he's found soon enough and there can be some answers.

There isn't a lot to explain BL's actions in any scenario - including some kind of DV murder.

I hope we get answers.
The audio/video of the stop by police is filled with red flags of domestic abuse which is a crime. The officers who participated need more intensive training in recognition and intervention. I was shocked after watching that video that BL was treated as the victim.

Every parent should learn these red flags to ensure if their child is ever involved in a toxic relationship, they can provide a support system to extract them safely. One thing most people don't realize is that emotional abuse can be just as devastating as physical abuse and they can start in high school. If Gabby had communicated how she was feeling and being treated to her parents, I have no doubt her dad would have been there in a flash to drive her home. JMO

Know the Red Flags of Abuse

You assume the info you hear is what the families heard. I assume you heard what I heard and that's what they felt they could tell you. But I think they all knew what happened. From the bodycam video, their you tube video, and the call from Christopher. They all knew. And they also knew why Brian wasn't talking. That's why they didn't arrest him. I've said before, I could be wrong. We shall see. But I believe he is actually the #1 victim in this. And he is paying the price.

Folks have shared here their pain from past experiences that affect their perpective of current events. Let me share. My brother committed suicide. Suicide has victims. Suicide is never pretty. Maybe she didn't kill herself but suicide is 2.5 times as likely as homicide from a statistical point of view. (I have posted a reference to this statistic from the national institute of mental health). I withhold judgment on Brian as I wish others on here would too.

No. He is NOT a victim here and he certainly is not the #1 victim. Gabby, the gal he left rotting on the side of the road, is the number 1 victim. And then her family.

They did not arrest him because they need a solid case first.

I totally see him as the type to snap and kill her. He was completely acting to those officers. I saw it immediately. He could talk his way out of anything except with people who have seen his type in action. He was a possessive, jealous, unstable young man. She was upset because she was in love with an abuser. There is absolutely not one shred of evidence to suggest that G committed suicide. Not one.
But to your point, there is not one shred of evidence to suggest that BL killed her. None, zilch.

Unless LE found some kind of weapon/instrument with her remains that she used, i.e. a knife, a gun, a large rock, etc..... then I think you can rule out suicide. It might be possible that she cut off her air supply, but it is extremely difficult to choke oneself.

"I am making a personal request to members of the press and news media to refrain from contacting the Schmidt and Petito family," lawyer Richard Benson Stafford said in a statement Sunday. Due to today's developments, we are asking the press and news media to have some decorum and sensitivity for Gabby's family and allow them to grieve. I will be in contact with you when Gabby's family is ready to make a public statement."

"I would also like to personally thank the FBI, the Suffolk County Police Department, the North Port Police Department and especially the Grant Teton Search and Rescue team," the statement continued. "Your tireless work and determination helped bring Gabby home to her parents. The family and I will be forever grateful."
FBI: Human remains found in Wyoming likely Gabby Petito

"As far as hurting himself in there, we don't know that one way or another. I think it's a possibility certainly, " Josh claimed. "Does anyone not think it's possible he went out there and shot himself in the head? Sure," before adding, we don't have any information about where he's at."
Gabby Petito Search Update: Unidentified Body, That Matches Her Description, Found In Wyoming Grand Teton National Park

If you watch the raw Bethune video, with the resolution turned way way up to the highest setting (2k), I don't think there is anyone visible. JMO.

I think the lower resolution stills and video have artifacts and pareidolia at work. MOO

He is at HIGH risk of suicide imo. Prayers they can catch him and throw him behind bars before he takes his own life...get the truth out of him!

What did you do to Gabby, Brian?
He had 2300 miles of open country and a million opportunities to commit suicide between the crime scene and his familial nest. He chose being a fugitive.

I get so involved with these cases and every time one ends like this, my heart breaks and I can't help but feel the overwhelming sadness that the family must feel. I had a very close family friend who was murdered a few years ago. I never realized until then how important it is to "have them home". There is peace in having their body and a place to go and mourn. They will have their daughter, sister, granddaughter and friend home. Very soon. This gives me great peace and comfort for them.

We have a family here who essentially let an accused murderer walk if he gave up where he buried their son. (It was a difficult case to prosecute in the first place, and they weren't having much success in its prosecution.)

He gave up the location, and the family were somewhat soothed to have their boy home.

Matthew Leveson case.
Why a man acquitted over Matthew Leveson's death led police to his body

Been following this story for a couple of days now and... I think we all knew this was coming, but it's still incredibly sad.

I can't imagine what Gabby's family are going through right now. To think she was just travelling doing vanlife with her fiancé, the person who it would seem as though she loved and wanted to marry.

I personally believe that Brian killed her, whether it was accidental or not (although most likely not or else why did he run away from the scene instead of notifying the police what had happened? It would have saved him a bunch of prison time). I also do believe that his family were aware, which is why they have been quiet about it... and although it is terrible for her family to be left wondering, I can see why they would have covered for him.

Hopefully he's found soon enough and there can be some answers.

I hope he is alive so that he and his family can witness justice happen for Gabby. He needs to face that justice, not take the cowardly way out. And I want his parents to see that happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304