Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took a few hours off and see the "Brian is innocent" trolls have arrived. I deserve some sort of medal for not burning out 100 rude retorts in making it to the end of the thread.

If you're like me, I highly recommend the Ignore button. Some folks just like to stir the pot and if you take away their spoon, they go away.
I agree. They are the types who need to see a video of the actual murder to convince them he did it. They just can’t think outside the box. I agree about the Ignore button. It’s very useful.

I was just watching the video of the police stop and I just hope everyone knows what a DV victim and her perpetrator look like when stopped by the police. The victim will be upset (crying, angry etc). The victim might be disparaging of the self, or self-blaming (result of gaslighting). The perp will be calm and chummy with the cops, minimizing any evidence (such as scratches that could be evidence of the victim's self defense), and inquiring or referring to WHAT THE VICTIM IS TELLING THE COPS and/or trying to "set the record straight". Gabby should not have been arrested during the stop but they should have detained him for suspicion of DV. They need to look at who is the person in control at the time? HE was driving. Her comments make no sense unless he lashed out at her bc she was just doing normal things that he had convinced her were pathological (such as cleaning the van). It's not that hard to determine what's going on if you know the very typical tactics of DV.

Video could show Gabby Petito's van during mystery period

I am to arrive in Grand Teton tomorrow. I had hoped by the time this trip arrived, Gabby would have been found - safe. If not, I hoped to maybe run into her on a trail, where she was soaking up a a carefree and youthful experience in an off-grid adventure, and was simply having so much fun she forgot to phone home. Sadly, it was not to be.

I feel torn as I begin my own bucket list trip to the same places Gabby hoped to visit. She will never see Yellowstone or Glacier Park. Or anything else a young woman dreams to see or do.

I had already planned to do a short hike in GNP in memory of Jenn Coleman, who loved hiking, but recently lost her life to the perils there. But I don’t know much about Gabby. She had bookmarked some hikes. Maybe she liked to hike, maybe she really didn’t. She liked to take beautiful photos and document her travels. I will do the same, and if I see or hear anything noteworthy about the case while in Teton (and have cell service) I will try to share back here.

And although it is late in the season for it, I really hope I see a beautiful butterfly to photograph in memory of Gabby in this beautiful picture.

Fly high, Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito.
View attachment 313461
Good.
I'm glad you're going.
If you see some wild flowers you might pick a bunch and leave them from all of us, in her name, with a prayer?

Carpediem.
Take extra care out there, ya hear?
Namaste.

Honestly the only thing I can figure out is DENIAL. Denial is how so many overlook DV. There's no other explanation I can come up with. Now, whether it's willful denial, or just run of the mill head-in-the-sand denial, that's up for debate. But yeah, it's denying reality. Very puzzling to me.
Except for him fleeing across the country in her van.

Except for him not reporting an event in Wyoming, and not reporting her missing when he arrived home.

Except for him and his family callously ignoring communication from her parents, wondering where she was.

Except for him refusing to tell law enforcement when and where he last saw her.

Except for him taking off, and hiding like a coward.

Except for her body being left to rot where they were camping.

So let me ask you this:

Are you kidding me?

This might be a dumb question but how did Gabby and Brian get these shots of the van? Was one of them on some kind of mountain looking down?!

Remote controlled drone cameras likely took the aerial footage. You can purchase them for various $$$ online. Various city codes, rules, and laws apply within city and county limits about flying them in airspace where planes fly and where neighbors live Etc…

Did I miss where the official statement said she was buried?

Many early on listed them as both being interested in "true crime" and serial killers, etc. I didn't catch this a week back but BL posted a picture from Blood Mountain sometime back in late spring.

Login • Instagram

So prior to that they had visited this place in Georgia. Google blood mountian and you get...

Murder of Meredith Emerson - Wikipedia

Last edited:
I THINK WE BROKE WEBSLEUTHS! I can't respond to peoples posts without for some reason adding a bunch of other posts so I'm just going to say RE: BL's family giving their condolences. SAVE IT! ( I have other words but I don't want to make the MODS work O/T) Now we need to see what the cause of death is and find BL. This horrible ordeal is not over by any means. Although I wasn't expecting a positive ending to her missing I was praying for one. Just heartbreaking. IMO

Thank you!
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I can give you some solid evidence that he was involved in her death. There are pictures of her van at the site of her remains.

He drove that van of hers home alone, with her wallet. Her body was left in a shallow grave, back where the van was seen parked. SO HE IS THE PRIME SUSPECT.

Please explain how her body could be found hidden there, where her van was pictured, and he came home alone in her van, and he was not involved in her death.

Isnt it interesting that the people who preach about never talking to the police are the ones who are outraged that the suspect in this case didn’t immediately talk to the police upon his arrival in Florida. The Constitution is convenient when you want it to be.

You assume the info you hear is what the families heard. I assume you heard what I heard and that's what they felt they could tell you. But I think they all knew what happened. From the bodycam video, their you tube video, and the call from Christopher. They all knew. And they also knew why Brian wasn't talking. That's why they didn't arrest him. I've said before, I could be wrong. We shall see. But I believe he is actually the #1 victim in this. And he is paying the price.

Folks have shared here their pain from past experiences that affect their perpective of current events. Let me share. My brother committed suicide. Suicide has victims. Suicide is never pretty. Maybe she didn't kill herself but suicide is 2.5 times as likely as homicide from a statistical point of view. (I have posted a reference to this statistic from the national institute of mental health). I withhold judgment on Brian as I wish others on here would too.
Whoa there. You're entitled to believe what you like, but calling BL the #1 victim so strenuously on the day GP was found deceased and abandoned and unreported is probably not in the best of taste. MOO

"Like so much debris" is exactly what happened.
And whatever story we get from B will be bs, provided he's caught. The bottom line is G was a bright star who fell to earth fast. Those of us on WS who saw the dynamics, saw the dynamics, & posted about them. Hopefully LE will learn about DV from this bodycam, & a woman in the future will be saved as a result. I'm just so, so sad right now, like all of us.
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Thank you!
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I can give you some solid evidence that he was involved in her death. There are pictures of her van at the site of her remains.

He drove that van of hers home alone, with her wallet. Her body was left in a shallow grave, back where the van was seen parked. SO HE IS THE PRIME SUSPECT.

Please explain how her body could be found hidden there, where her van was pictured, and he came home alone in her van, and he was not involved in her death.

Everyone needs to watch all the chopper/aerial footage to get up to speed. The ones showing the body site, the unfurling of the tent etc.

It's clear in that footage that there is a gravel road nearby. The area covered by the tent has debris/grass/dirt. Her body is not exposed. So she is partially or fully buried (most likely).

It's pretty clear that she did not fall from a great height, hit her head while crossing a stream or succumb to the elements. This is in an area where there are other campers nearby.

There is concealment. Which indicates consciousness of guilt.

Even the murders of the two poor Moab woman, they were left out completely exposed, half naked in the river. I really don't think the two cases are connected at all now.

IMO Brian did it, Brian is guilty or at least responsible for Gabby's untimely death. JMO.

I thought I could see a body shape with light colored clothing under the dirt. The shape of the body was visible, so IMO, not what I'd call "buried," but I guess maybe "shallow burial" refers to this type of thing? Like, a body outline was clearly visible (I thought - helicopter tactfully changed angles and that channel has trimmed the video - KSL).

Yep, no cliffs, no big rocks, no bodies of water. I think he parked in that pull out not to camp (no need to choose such an odd spot - the dispersed camping nearby had better spots) and took her there.

I await the autopsy and hope that we get more details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member