Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the clearer raw footage of the van video from the 27th, I have to admit, it really does look like someone is closing the back door to the van from the inside. Now the question is, are Gabby and Brian both in the back of the van or is Gabby already dead and it's just Brian? Are those items left sitting outside the back doors because he or they scrambled to close the back door(s) and didn't think to grab them? It's also possible neither Gabby nor Brian wanted to be seen or speak to anyone (perhaps they were arguing) so they were both in the back of the van and Gabby was still alive at that point. I'm kind of thinking yes, she was still alive when the couple drove by. I just don't think Brian stuck around for long after Gabby was dead. I think he got out of there very quickly. For example if she was killed Saturday night the 28th, did Brian try to hide her body in a rushed, sloppy attempt under the cover of darkness and then for whatever reason he abandons the van and walks out of the Spread Creek Campground on Forest Rd 30290 in the early morning hours of August 29th and proceeds to hitchhike? He must have been completely out of his mind at this point, even delirious from what he had just done and then later in the afternoon/evening of the 29th he's recomposed himself and then decides to go back for the van ala the Miranda Baker encounter. I'm guessing it took him most of the night of August 29th to get back to the van unless* someone did drive him back to Spread Creek in the early evening and they just never came forward. Also for anyone who's curious, it's roughly 12 miles from Jackson Lake Dam to the location of the van and then 17 miles to Coulter Bay Village from the van. Then keep in mind Brian needs enough time to make it back to Florida by September 1st. I think perhaps Brian hitchhiked with several people but no one else has come forward. ~Just some more theorizing.

Officials: Body found in Wyoming believed to be Gabby Petito

The following area will remained closed:
An undeveloped camping area on the east side of Grand Teton bordering national forest land will remain closed until further notice while the investigation continues, Jones said.

Jones said investigators are still seeking information from anyone who may have seen Petito or Brian Laundrie around some camping sites located on Grand Teton National Park’s eastern boundary, the same site that was the subject of law enforcement search efforts over the weekend.

How long does it typically take to get a cause/manner of death back?

This depends a lot on the condition of the remains and the cause of death

Ie; A gunshot wound to the head is usually pretty apparent pretty fast
A poisoning might not be found for 4-8 weeks - after tissue samples are tested
And a zillion variations in between

So
Hi everyone! Long-time listener, first-time caller.

I am sorry if someone has already posted about this. If they did, I couldn't find it.

RE: Gabby's AllTrails account showing her current location as Puerto Rico

I find this particularly interesting and have a few thoughts I would love to unpack/discuss.

1) From what I understand, AllTrails.com updates your location automatically if it is linked in location settings. Does anyone familiar with the ap know if you can manually adjust this in your profile settings?

2) It says the account was created in May 2021, so it appears this would be Gabby's real account since it was made well before any of this happened / it became a news story. I would love to hear anyone's thoughts/reasons as to why it could be a fake account. It seems extremely unlikely, but I would like to rule out all possibilities if possible.

3) I can't imagine why Brian would bring Gabby's phone to Puerto Rico if that is where he ran off to. Isn't acquiring a burner phone On-The-Run 101? It seems so obvious that this would be a terrible idea and make it incredibly easy to be found. Does anyone else think he and/or his parents somehow got Gabby's phone to PR on it's own as a diversion?

4) I would assume he is keeping tabs on what people are saying about his location online if he has access to the Internet or a phone (particularly because he is a narcissist). If he is in Puerto Rico with Gabby's phone, I would think he would know that people are onto this by now...

Looking forward to diving into this!

Xx
Morgan
It was my understanding that you set your location when you open the account. Gabby was in Puerto Rico per one of her 2019 Instagram posts. I’ll have to double check. If not…

No sympathy from me either. Also no condemnation until I know the full story.

Their son is the POI, not them. I suspect they are typical enablers, of which there are many in this world.
I judge them harshly because they did not answer any of Gabby's parents desperate calls. As a parent, I find that indefensible.

I always do everything possible to love and protect my children and grandchildren children. But if one of them placed one of their friends in a dangerous and vulnerable position, and the parents reached out to me for help, I would not ignore their calls.

Their son came home alone, WITH HER VAN, and they did not tell her parents. Weeks went by and they did not give them any info about their missing daughter. I don't need 'the full story' to know that was cold hearted.

Even if they fought she ran off into the woods alone, or he accidentally hurt her or she ran off to another guy's camper---whatever explanation they were given---they had a responsibility, AS HUMAN BEINGS, to share necessary information with her frantic parents. JMO

I am asking because I am curious about Brian's whereabouts...

Already discussed MANY threads ago. Locations in that app are not real time and have zero relevance to actual location. I really hope this post does not revive that whole line of questions again about a topic revealed to be completely irrelevant. We sadly know exactly where gabby is now.

IMO, I see 2 main possible scenarios...#1. Maybe they were arguing or something, and she slipped and fell on that loose gravel, and hit her head on something hard, and passed out. ( I think that will be easy enough to determine from the autopsy.). He got scared, didn't know what to do, and ran. I think , if that were the case, if he had gone for help right away, he might have been able to save her life.

#2. Same thing, they were arguing, he shook her, or choked her, and she passed out. But in this case, if she recovers, she could make sure that he gets arrested for attacking her, or for attempted murder, etc, so he says, 'Oh no! I can't save her! She'll came back after me." So he panics and runs.

(I will recommend skipping this paragraph if you are looking for an unbiased viewpoint). I do not have a son his age. Maybe I would also try to protect him from the police , even if he had done something horrible. But just from what I've read about his mom, I know she loves him very much! But at the same time, I think she has babied him, and not prepared him for an adult world. I just can't see many acceptable reasons for abandoning Gabby there, and not calling 911.

I know what you mean. I can't imagine cooperating with LE for anything less than someone's life on the line (or in danger or already harmed). If my son came home in a similar situation I would hire him a really good defense attorney who had a personality he would respect and mesh with and try to figure out the best solution based on what happened. The facts are the facts - and if they are bad, that may mean taking responsibility for what happened and trying to get as much credit possible from the state for helping and stepping up immediately.

It goes a long way in both charging and sentencing to show you cooperated and you are genuinely remorseful. Lying, running, and hiding will just lead to you being painted as a monster.

Someone with serious mental illness who made a very big bad decision is not necessarily irredeemable. But taking responsibility and minimizing ongoing pain and suffering goes a long way IMO.

IM
Maybe it’s because Brian’s parents behaved like people who were trying to obstruct justice, by pretending that their son was with them for three days when it is now known, he wasn’t-and that his family apparently helped him leave (going to pick up the mustang on Tuesday, when they knew he would need it if he was going to be coming back home).
IMHO, I think the parents are complicit in BL’s disappearance. I believe the nature reserve is a “ red herring” and BL is in Mexico. He’s had a 3 day head start. JMO

I've seen and read nothing about it either way. In the helicopter LE seemed to be looking at a few different spots, likely looking for any evidence, so I don't think we can tell anything.

I don't think we will know until the FBI releases the findings from the coroner. In the UNRELATED Moab case, they described how the bodies were found when they released the cause of death. So I assume it will be similar here unless they withhold it.
If BL is charged with her murder, where would those charge come from - Wyoming? Florida? New York? How does that work. TIA

I would not be so quick to blame B.L's parents.What if they had really tried to get the information from him but he just would not talk about it.You can't force someone to talk.Maybe they tried and tried and just could not get him to talk about it.

Why ignore the many communications from GP’s family before LE was involved, even if they had nothing to share? So indifferent to their anguish

No sympathy from me either. Also no condemnation until I know the full story.

Their son is the POI, not them. I suspect they are typical enablers, of which there are many in this world.
I judge them harshly because they did not answer any of Gabby's parents desperate calls. As a parent, I find that indefensible.

I always do everything possible to love and protect my children and grandchildren. But if one of them placed one of their friends in a dangerous and vulnerable position, and the parents reached out to me for help, I would not ignore their calls.

Their son came home alone, WITH HER VAN, and they did not tell her parents. Weeks went by and they did not give them any info about their missing daughter. I don't need 'the full story' to know that was cold hearted.

Even if they fought and she ran off into the woods alone, or he accidentally hurt her or she ran off to another guy's camper---whatever explanation they were given---they had a responsibility, AS HUMAN BEINGS, to share necessary information with her frantic parents. JMO

Just a small but nice thing to consider... That couple who spotted and filmed the van, that presumably led to finding Gabby... Recall they were on an outing memorializing their lost son. A small ray of light in the dark tragedy, that their touching way of grieving ended up helping another newly grieving family in a small but very important way. Regards.

I think that rainbow is for both Gabby and Ethan. It’s funny the connections…we can’t understand them, but they are for real and they do give comfort.

I wouldn't blame B's parents as much if they'd had the basic human decency to simply return CALLS to G's parents & inform them they knew nothing. That they DIDN'T return their calls, just, no, that's not how to behave toward your future daughter-in-law's parents. Yikes. So no wonder a few ppl here think they are covering for their fugitive son.

Exactly this. Why couldn't they talk AT THE ABSOLUTE VERY LEAST to Gabby's family? Not talking to LE can be suspicious depending on the circumstance (especially these circumstances), but not totally dubious. This is the fact that is the most suspicious to me, the most disgusting to me. Why not talk to them? Say....anything? Tell them, "We don't know, he's not talking." Tell them whatever it is he told you, even if you suspect it's a lie. Tell them you want to get lawyers involved, and you can hash it out afterwards. Tell them SOMETHING. They ignored Gabby's family's desperate pleas for information and help. This is a parents' worst nightmare, and the Laundries' left Gabby's family to suffer alone and in the dark.

I would not be so quick to blame B.L's parents.What if they had really tried to get the information from him but he just would not talk about it.You can't force someone to talk.Maybe they tried and tried and just could not get him to talk about it.
Then they could let GP's family know that they were trying to help.

WFLA News Channel 8 | Facebook

242500590_10166439247340500_8297653081790463435_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members