UT - Kylen Schulte, 24, & Crystal Beck, 38, newlywed couple found dead, Grand County, 18 Aug 2021

Hmm. Wonder what they know in either case that they can say this with certainty? I didn’t think they were connected, but it’s something else to be able to rule it out.

I'm wondering the same. For them to put out such a definitive statement, they had to have had some kind of solid information that is not public.

Has there ever been a case of LE putting out a statement that they know is false for the purpose of helping them solve a case?

How I wish there was more news for Crystal and Kylen :( In my heart, I feel this will get solved. Maybe not now, but hopefully, someday, and soon. I have cried so many times reading the news articles for these two women, hearing how much their families and friends are grieving over their loss, thinking of how much these ladies suffered...I want whoever did this to them to be brought to JUSTICE.

I'll continue to post any new information, informative articles, etc. I can find.

Let's get justice for Kylen and Crystal.

I'm wondering the same. For them to put out such a definitive statement, they had to have had some kind of solid information that is not public.

Has there ever been a case of LE putting out a statement that they know is false for the purpose of helping them solve a case?

I think the conclusion was drawn because it is rather obvious by now that one case involves a domestic dispute between a hetero couple and the other involves a lesbian couple being targeted because of their sexual orientation. The latter is a hate crime as well as murder in my opinion. How very sad!

I think the conclusion was drawn because it is rather obvious by now that one case involves a domestic dispute between a hetero couple and the other involves a lesbian couple being targeted because of their sexual orientation. The latter is a hate crime as well as murder in my opinion. How very sad!

While I want to clarify that I don't think Brian Laundrie is involved with Kylen and Crystal's murders, and I agree that it was a hate crime, I would like to know what 100% rules him out. I just want to know why they are so certain. Unfortunately, I think they were the victims of a violent, hateful homophobe/s who couldn't stand seeing them happy, enjoying their lives :(

The way they each seem to have suffered multiple gunshot wounds and been the victims of sexual assault shows that there was a lot of brutality and rage involved here.

IF (big if) they had a gun, I wonder if the killer/s broke into their van or otherwise managed to steal their gun from them, and turned it on them to kill them. However, if this did happen, I'm not sure what the reason to displace the gun would be. I suppose it's possible the killer didn't want a gun with his DNA or fingerprints to be recovered, but it could have been wiped clean of fingerprints, or at least attempted to be wiped clean.

However, I don't think they had their own gun used on them, if they even had one. It's just of note that no gun was released to have been recovered in their belongings.

Just so I follow what you're saying - you think it's possible that BL wanted Gabby's dad to deliver them the Uber Eats meal so there would be less evidence connecting them to the Moonflower Co-op after Kylen and Crystal's bodies were discovered so there would be less suspicion on him? Interesting thought.

It appears that BL was in Florida when GP's father sent the Uber pizza.

Are we 100% sure it was the creeper that they had seen that killed them?

I am not totally convinced. There are lots of creepy transients that lurk these campgrounds. I do think it is possible that the person they had seen earlier and complained about is not the actual killer. But I could be wrong. Maybe it was.

I just don't want to get locked in without actual verification.

Are we 100% sure it was the creeper that they had seen that killed them?

I am not totally convinced. There are lots of creepy transients that lurk these campgrounds. I do think it is possible that the person they had seen earlier and complained about is not the actual killer.

No, there is no evidence clearly suggesting that the unknown individual identified as the creepy camper is the murderer.

As another poster illustrated, the belief that "creepy camper" is also the murderer seems to be an automatic perception, but might not be actuality.

While it's far from certain, I believe it was the creepy camper. Why?

It sounds like these two women were 'bad-*advertiser censored* and knew how to defend themselves', so likely weren't put off too much by strange people. If someone creeped them out to the point that they pointed it out to others and said they would have to move camping spots, then their sixth-sense might have been bang on.

The other reason I am leaning toward the creeper theory is that the location where they were killed is isolated. how many people would they come across in that location? And yet they specifically mentioned a weirdo in that location.

And, finally, the manner in which they were killed implies rage with multiple shots in various parts of their bodies. Not a simple 'get off my land' kind of thing.

Regarding the half-nude aspect, I don't know what to think about that. If they were just bathing then I'd expect them to be fully naked. They could have been having sex and the killer was watching them and it offended him. Or, the killer could have made them strip to confirm they were both women and/or simply to show power over them by demeaning them.

Hopefully the FBI can move this case forward and get justice for Kylen & Crystal.

How can a "hate crime" be definitively identified? Just because the victims are in a protected class, doesn't there have to be more indicators of an actual "hate crime" aside from their deaths?

It looks like it is rather simple for an event like this to be classified as a hate crime, with no additional indicators necessary other than...well, the fact that these women were found brutally murdered.

At least from a federal standpoint, "hate" is recognized as bias against people or groups with specific characteristics that are defined by the law, and the "crime" is often a violent crime, such as assault, murder, arson, vandalism, or threats to commit such crimes.

Learn About Hate Crimes

Utah Code Section 76-3-203.3

In Utah law, it's broken down a little further than the DOJ snippet on hate crimes, with this section being most relevant (BBM):

A person who commits any primary offense with the intent to intimidate or terrorize another person or with reason to believe that his action would intimidate or terrorize that person

"Intimidate or terrorize" means an act which causes the person to fear for their physical safety or damages the property of that person or another. The act must be accompanied with the intent to cause or has the effect of causing a person to reasonably fear to freely exercise or enjoy any right secured by the Constitution or laws of the state or by the Constitution or laws of the United States.
I wonder if their vocalization about the "creepy guy" was enough to raise the bar to hate crime, or just the fact that these two women were in a romantic relationship in a part of the country where some folks are less accepting of their lifestyle, and they wound up victims of a terrible crime. MOO.

I'm just waiting for forensic analysis of their camper: Fingerprints, bullet/gun make. Also any dashcam/video capturing the van.
Hope they get justice soon!

Sorry if this is a silly question but as an Aussie I’m not familiar - how long does it typically take for them to process the forensics you’ve mentioned?

look this is a bit of a long shot but i was watching some old in pursuit episodes this evening and a case popped up and it had a weird connection to this

a guy by the name of Mike Bullinger was living a double life with a 2nd wife and teenager daughter, when his original wife tried to surprise him at the property they had bought which housed his new family he shot and killed the two women and the step daughter

he took off in to the same forrest these girls were killed in and has never been seen again.. what if he's the creepy guy? he's been shown to kill with guns before and multiple people

his last location was Bridger-Teton National Forest

Like most other people and LE, I agree it’s unlikely that this case is connected to the GP/BL case, but I want to throw this theory out there as a possibility…

Could GP & BL possibly have talked to KS about potential campsites, and KS gave them location to where she and CT were camping? It seems plausible that he could have hitchhiked and/or hiked to their campsite and back within a few hours. We know GP & BL weren’t getting along at that time…maybe BL went for a little walk. There IS a gun in a pic of his former (or current?) bedroom that was posted today, so him possibly being into guns, or at least a little knowledgeable about them isn’t too far out of line. I don’t think he was the creeper, but just a thought I have and the timeline and Moonflower situation is so coincidental. KS & CT’s friends were missing them after 3 days from 8/13, and BL left town on the 17th…they found KS & CT on the 18th. Did they ever pin down a date as to when they were killed?

Like most other people and LE, I agree it’s unlikely that this case is connected to the GP/BL case, but I want to throw this theory out there as a possibility…

Could GP & BL possibly have talked to KS about potential campsites, and KS gave them location to where she and CT were camping? It seems plausible that he could have hitchhiked and/or hiked to their campsite and back within a few hours. We know GP & BL weren’t getting along at that time…maybe BL went for a little walk.

SBM

No way he walked to the campsite and back in a few hours. It’s like 25 miles each way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back