Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m just so emotional right now, so much that I can’t even focus. Those officers failed her that day with that body-cam. Her poor parents will have that video stuck in their heads for the rest of their lives, seeing their baby girl in such a distressed and upset state. Apart of me just wished they would have put her into jail, because this could have been prevented. She’s really touched the nations hearts, I had this horrible feeling in my gut when I woke Sunday morning that something was coming today… May her family find some comfort during this heartbreaking difficult time. RIP Gabby
#JusticeForGabby

The tent I linked is NOT the typical crime scene canopy but a oval dome tent with walls. I've never seen one of those used on a crime scene, only canopy tents. This is the usual crime scene tent often without the walls: Arrowhead Forensics Crime Scene Tools and Forensic Analysis - Privacy Barriers - Pop-up Crime Scene Canopy - A-C1010CT - A-WBPR402BK Crime Scene - Lab Supplies

I checked Gabby's instagram and the photos of her tent are now gone. In fact, I have not been able to find a good photo of her tent at all. Not sure why not as they were easy to find yesterday.
There are SAR teams there as well. That looks like something a SAR team would use.

FWIW, in response to post #819 in the last thread of the posted unedited video by sunshineray. I was able to view it in HD on a monitor, and while I didn't see the back door close this time I did see who I believe to be BL in the front driver's seat. You can see his right shoulder, arms, and hands on the steering wheel at 1:50. Doesn't really matter anymore, though.

This case really is painful.
No, it does matter. Because this would mean they never continued on from Victor ID to Yellowstone. So, it is relevant - relevant imo as to "who" was behind the wheel. I have still not discounted that a family member or friend traveled up to him after this all went down. It could be important if accurate. It could lead them to another location between Victor and West Yellowstone if it turns out she was not killed at Spread Creek. Good find!

Last edited:
There are not a lot of hotels in that area at all, and they are in the opposite direction of his "hike" or North or South on the Interstate. We lived in North Port for 10 years and it was really annoying when we had people come into town to visit that they had to stay so far away. (We moved in 2014, so before Airbnb was super popular)
I wonder if there's been any recent, last-minute, long-term Airbnb rentals in the area. Much more private than a hotel, and you could easily get contactless food drop-off and barely have to step foot outside. Much more comfy than camping with gators, too.

Sorry honey, I can't come to bed, I'm watching a live feed of these people's front door to see if the FBI executes a search warrant or their fugitive son returns tonight :eek:
My DH knows that I watch a lot of trials, but he had no idea that I’ve been on WS for years lol. Until last Friday night when we had some beers and I spent 3 hours telling him all about the Morphew case. He knew zero about it and was SO intrigued and also came to all the same conclusions we have about the case.

Mod Note:
@MysteryMama will be posting an approved YouTube of the family that sent in the Spread Creek footage. They discuss how it came about to be captured, the FaceTime call with Gabby’s mom, and how they are donating the money from the video.

BBM. What lovely people. A beautiful little candle in all of this darkness.

========================================
BetzC said:
Do we know why this reporter is watching the house? Is there an expectation that the Laundrie's are there? I suspect they've left as well (just my opinion).
========================================

I think the reporter was letting viewers know that nothing was happening, and that LE had all onlookers and reporters leave the scene. He was the only one there, broadcasting from a neighbor's yard after having gotten their permission. Nice guy -- and I think he was proud of himself -- in a very nice and respectful way.
It's live on Fox FB.

I have a question regarding the dogs picking up BL's scent at the reserve. I've seen multiple people post here that this happened, but I can't seem to find any verified source that announced this news. Am I just overlooking the information? The only thing I could find is that LE is searching the reserve based on the family's comments.

ETA: Thank you to Picklepuck for providing the link! For anyone who sees this post and is interested (and don't have to sift through all of the comments!) the link is here: Gabby Petito case: Search continues in thousands of rural acres for Brian Laundrie

Last edited:
I saw the tent with sides. It looked to me like a camping tent - the big kind with wings and so forth. It may have been abandoned - it happens.

There are not a lot of hotels in that area at all, and they are in the opposite direction of his "hike" or North or South on the Interstate. We lived in North Port for 10 years and it was really annoying when we had people come into town to visit that they had to stay so far away. (We moved in 2014, so before Airbnb was super popular)
I wonder if there's been any recent, last-minute, long-term Airbnb rentals in the area. Much more private than a hotel, and you could easily get contactless food drop-off and barely have to step foot outside. Much more comfy than camping with gators, too.

There seems to be many claiming GP was “buried.” No one has reported that, that I can find. Why is this being repeated as fact? It’s one thing to wonder/speculate, but another if it’s stated as fact. This is misinformation at this point, and I feel it’s a disservice to continue to do so, unless it’s confirmed.

Brian Laundrie could hide out in the swamps of the 'vast' Florida reserve 'for months,' police involved in Gabby Petito case say
29f6aafd92a7a627de9b2420fda8f2cf

Police are searching the Carlton Reserve for Brian Laundrie. North Port Police Department

If Mummy and Daddy brought him sammiches and clean socks and underwear every day. :cool:

Need a credit/debit card for that. Pretty sure everyone one in the immediate family and including BL’s cards, bank account etc are about to be deep dived by LE.

Does anyone know if there are any hotels near the laundries’ home? I don’t think he’s lost in the woods.

The there is an alley behind the house iirc
No alleys there. Their yard literally backs up to the neighbor behind them, who has a fence. There was a twitter video earlier in the week from the neighbor behind that let a reporter in the backyard.
https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1439323513572134914?s=20

My new theory is that Brian has not been in Florida since the murder. I bet one of the parents flew out and drove it back and he went to New York to hide with relatives or something. No one has seen him. I don’t think he’s there.

I posted that exact same thing a few pages back.

Boy-0h-boy, do I hope you two are wrong -- if y'all are correct, I'll have to go out in the street and just scream.
He better not be. Grrrrrrr.
But no bets from me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members