Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Mummy and Daddy brought him sammiches and clean socks and underwear every day. :cool:
That may be so, but for how long will that child/man want to live like that? He likes to hike, ya know?! Bathroom trips? Where's the shower? And mummie may get tired of making and taking him his little lunches. People will notice that. Further and seriously, I think someone would notice that pattern -- some walkers like to walk the same walks every day -- they know the mileage of their walks (I do), plus lotsa folks are aware of the possibility of him being somewhere in that area. If he is there. IMO, his alternatives are shrinking by the hour. Hoping so.

To the question of why this has gotten so much attention. Its the epitome of our current social media culture.

Budding Influencer/youtuber/Instagrammer
Vanlife (my reason for becoming so engrossed)
Encompassed so much of the US. Florida to NY then out west to many more states.
The overlap with a tragic murder of a couple in Moab.
How long it went before CP was reported missing and the silence of the person who was traveling with her.
The constant curve balls that kept coming - BL flying home, DV stop video, etc
And yes, beautiful, innocent free spirited young girl.

I just wonder if LE can place Brian in the same location that the phone pinged on August 30th???

Well-here is what we do know; Gabby is dead, Brian drove Gabby’s van like he stole it back to Florida, Brian’s in hiding, and his entire family has been completely non-cooperative. We don’t know for certain when she died and how she was killed and by whom…but I think it is more likely than not that Brian knows what happened to her, rather than his being completely in the dark about what happened to her. I would think that stealing her van around the same time that Gabby was presumed to have been killed should be reason enough for a warrant for his arrest. Any attorneys available to respond?

Not an attorney so JMO. But you have to prove probable cause. To do that you need to be able to provide evidence firstly that a crime has been committed.

It can't just be assumed that an adult is dead because they have been missing for 2 weeks. And when it comes to the van, it seems he was insured to drive the van and had seemingly up until the owners disapparence had permission to use it from her.

WHAT?????

Now we find out there was a note on the car when his parents first looked for BL at the preserve?

My understanding is the "note" was a standard notification left under the windshield by LE informing the owner that the car needed to be moved or would be towed.

It wasn't a note written by Brian or anyone in his family.

I opened my laptop after getting home from work, and my heart sank again when I saw that my last tab open was still titled "active search". This reminds me of the day Hannah Graham was found - you know the reality of the situation, but that 1% of you still holds out hope. I'm heartsick for the Petitos.
I had flashbacks of both Hannah Graham and Morgan Harrington.

Correct… The unedited initial aerial footage indicates exactly what you describe. It was taken very early on as LE was just setting up the beige Pop-Up canopy and there is no indication of disturbed earth.

Thanks for clarifying. I assume people were mistakenly thinking the footage of the pop-up canopy/tent was covering a grave. However, people were walking under it, over the ground it covered, so that should have been clue enough there wasn't a body there.

I am a mom to a preteen boy. A preteen boy who has struggled with depression, anxiety, ADHD and is on the spectrum. Many days I spend worrying about his future. Many days I worry about whether all the therapies and interventions I have lined up for him will be enough to help him. I worry about him becoming an adult and having to navigate for himself and make his own medical decisions. I worry whether I will successfully set an example for how to behave in in future relationship. I worry.

This case has made me reflect upon what I would have done differently from BL’s parents. I have posted before that I believe he was not honest with them when he returned. That he likely spun a tale of her meeting up with her friend in Yellowstone for her birthday and her flying home with her and sending him home with the van. It would have been at least a week before they would have known something was amiss. He could have told them they broke up. They knew they were having problems.

As a mom you want to believe your child. Would I have ignored the calls from GP? Maybe. Would I have followed the advice of counsel and not spoken? Yes. Would I have protected my son? Yes. Would I have put my son before GP’s parents? Yes . Why? Because I birthed him. Because he’s my blood. Because at the end of the day he’s my kid and she’s not. Would I feel guilty? Yes. Would I have tried every single day to pry what happened out of him, yes.

If I had any information that I thought would help find a missing endangered child ALIVE would I break my silence and tell the police? Yes. If my son confessed that he had done something to GP and she was dead would I have turned him in? No. I would follow the advice of counsel but urge him to do the right thing.

BL only drove to the reserve three days after GP was declared missing. This may have been only three days after BL’s parents knew definitively that she was missing. That may have been three days of them interrogating their son for information. Three days. He was not even declared a person of interest at this point. He was free to go hiking. If he didn’t come back, I would probably go looking for him. I certainly do not want to call the police. If I found the mustang, I probably would have assumed he was hiking and may have drove it back forcing him to call me to get a ride home because he is going to wonder where the damn car was. Am I going to start to panic when he doesn’t come home? Yes. Am I going to start to fear the worst? Yes. Eventually I have to call the police and report him missing. And I do. Finally.

While BL deserves to be eaten by alligators for what he has likely done, and I cannot come up with any alternate scenario that does not get him at least manslaughter should he be found alive, I can have compassion for his parents…as a mom.
I think it’s wonderful your honest. I don’t think anyone really knows what they would do until your in the situation yourself. When my son was in active addiction mode…. It was always my biggest fear that he would hurt another person. I imagined my self many times having to face other parents, to apologize for my sons actions. Thankfully and sadly he only hurt himself, but I can honestly say I would not have held back calling Gabby’s parents. It broke me to turn my son in but I did many times out of the fear he would hurt others. Just for the record he wasn’t violent at all but he would drive while he was stoned and that scared me enough to have him arrested. Brian’s parents are going to be his biggest down fall and one day they will wish they talked and encouraged him to do the same.

Last edited:
Brian Laundrie could hide out in the swamps of the 'vast' Florida reserve 'for months,' police involved in Gabby Petito case say
29f6aafd92a7a627de9b2420fda8f2cf

Police are searching the Carlton Reserve for Brian Laundrie. North Port Police Department

The Carlton Reserve parking lot is open but most of the trails are flooded. The entrance road and parking lot are reopened when waters recede.

If Brian Laundrie camped out in Florida for months, how would he get food to eat?

The reporter was Brian Entin and he had a series of 4 tweets showing different days on the same driveway and documented when the mustang was there and when it wasnt. Tuesday tweet: https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1439593712271646721
That is evidence. Didn't the lawyer put out a statement that the parents picked the car up on Thursday when he didn't return?

These parents aided and abetted a felon - MOO. They are going to find themselves in very hot water. I really hope LE isn't ignoring something so obvious as the car being there on Wednesday. Rolling the parents is not a dead-end. The only reason i can think of as to why they may be laying low with them is because they are waiting to see if Brian contacts them.

I know reporter Brian Entin is there but if they execute a no-knock, it won't be until 5 or 6 a.m. Not sure they have the grounds for a no-knock. But, something needs to happen with these parents. They need to be arrested or subpoenaed and held in civil contempt when they refuse to answer. There are, without a doubt, moves LE can make. Things they can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam