Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's so much about this case that drops my jaw. Like HOW on earth the FBI lose sight of the POI. :(

Yes, so odd. So much has happened I wonder if we even have a reliable source (direct quote from LE) that they even had him in their sights to begin with. MSM reporting is becoming worse and worse these days and is difficult to rely on unless it's a word-for-word quote from LE.

I don’t get that impression at all. I think he’s far more savvy outdoors then you give him credit for.

That said, I don’t think he’s in the US. I’m betting mom / dad have a vacation rental somewhere in the islands or Mexico and BL got on a boat. Very unlikely he would need a passport or encounter Covid restrictions that way.
Why wouldn't he need a passport? I have traveled widely and have never been admitted to a country without having my passport scanned or stamped?

Think they'd be willing to harbor him, though? This story is all around the world now.

This is from a 2015 article in SunSentinel: The Cuban government has continued to protect other high-profile, urgently-sought fugitives, including a New Jersey cop killer and Cuban-born Medicare fraudsters who stole millions from the U.S. government health insurance program for the old or disabled.

Edited to add: this is a US Dept. of State release from Jan. of this year “Cuba also harbors several U.S. fugitives from justice wanted on or convicted of charges of political violence, many of whom have resided in Cuba for decades. For example, the Cuban regime has refused to return Joanne Chesimard, on the FBI’s Most Wanted Terrorists List for executing New Jersey State Trooper Werner Foerster in 1973; Ishmael LaBeet, convicted of killing eight people in the U.S. Virgin Islands in 1972; Charles Lee Hill, charged with killing New Mexico state policeman Robert Rosenbloom in 1971; and others.”

So, yep, I think they might.

She was uncomfortable driving the van .I was under the impression that she would not drive the van and was completely dependent on him driving it.

Being uncomfortable driving a vehicle doesn't mean the same thing as being incapable and completely dependent on him for driving it, IMO. I'm not comfortable driving a pickup truck, but I can do it.

I would not be so quick to blame B.L's parents.What if they had really tried to get the information from him but he just would not talk about it.You can't force someone to talk.Maybe they tried and tried and just could not get him to talk about it.
I understand his parents trying to get information from Brian. My problem with the parents is waiting 3 days before notifying LE their son was missing. I have little or no sympathy for the parents.
RIP Gabby

Yeah, as a female who's done a lot of traveling/camping I cannot imagine any scenario in which she'd hitch a ride while in possession of the van. She can drive the van, there's footage of her doing so, although she might've had some anxiety about it. It's not a huge van.

But what if he came back and the van was gone.Maybe she worried about that.

tbh BL would start spilling as soon as hes in front of police, no matter what his attorney says. thats why they've gone through great lengths to keep him away. we saw how he was when he was pulled over on august 12th. he couldn't stop talking for the whole hour+. they just need to be able to grab him and get him alone.
Agreed. He's a *talker*. And whether it's feigned on camera or not, I got the sense from bodycam he's eager to manipulate how people view him. He needs approval. [moosteer]

I am not convinced his parents would be sophisticated enough to google extradition treaties deep into the night, then hide that googling, then get him on a boat, train, or plane out of the U.S. with enough cash to lay him over a few years. They'd have to account for the missing cash. This brings up the Q. of potential outside assistance.

I don’t get that impression at all. I think he’s far more savvy outdoors then you give him credit for.

That said, I don’t think he’s in the US. I’m betting mom / dad have a vacation rental somewhere in the islands or Mexico and BL got on a boat. Very unlikely he would need a passport or encounter Covid restrictions that way.
Do you have a link(s) or examples for his outdoor savviness? Car camping doesn’t qualify. Parental testimonials to his “experience” don’t qualify, either. (So far on WS, I have yet to encounter a missing hiker who could live up to the designation “experienced”, even though loved ones insist they are.) IMO

This is from a 2015 article in SunSentinel: The Cuban government has continued to protect other high-profile, urgently-sought fugitives, including a New Jersey cop killer and Cuban-born Medicare fraudsters who stole millions from the U.S. government health insurance program for the old or disabled.

Interesting. Off-topic (so no need to answer, I can Google :)), but I wonder why? Cubans are humans...moms/dads/brothers/sisters/boyfriends/girlfriends/husbands/wives just like the rest of us! Seems like they'd care.

But that post was not about that. You can still love and support your child but not lie and obstruct to keep him out of trouble when you know that he has done wrong and ignore another family's pain because you do not want him to face the consequences.

We don't know that they lied about anything. They refused to talk. That's not lying.

What is so sad and imo unforgiveable is that BL's mom received the text after BL was home and returned alone.
Like many here I do believe that gabby is the # 1 victim and the only victim.
She is dead.
She will never be able to enjoy a sunny day or create for her online store.
A bright light and creative loving soul was taken from this earth and there's no replacing her.
The video of her running along the beach leaving footprints in the wet sand is one that perfectly illustrates her zest for life !

Speculation : Based on someone's actions a person(s) has something to hide ; and I do not know how deep this evil goes.
I'm sorry, Gabby , you did not deserve this.
May justice be thorough and swift.
Imo.
I love this post 3000!

That relative or friend is committing a crime. Not sure they'd do that. They're not going to split hairs over whether a criminal complaint was technically filed yet. They will (and should) be worried about this.
Today is the day the should haul the sister in. There's no way she hasn't demanded answers from her family after Gabby's discovery and her brother's disappearance. I believe she didn't know before - because I believe they atty was trying to insulate her (she has children and a family). I don't believe this anymore. She will be adamant about getting answers.
Splitting hairs can be the difference between him going free and him being charged with a crime. If they obtain information illegally through their phones, even if it proves he committed a crime, the judge would still throw it out. When it comes to law and order splitting hairs is necessary. You can’t just “keep tabs” on people’s phones and spending.

I've always said this, even though I have no children myself: I understand this completely.

I understand completely, your kid can become Jeffrey Dahmer and become addicted to black tar heroin; and you're still going to remember him/her at age 5 on the lawn at the park shouting "Hey Mom/Dad, watch me, watch me!" as they try to perfect their somersault/cartwheel.

It's heartbreaking, and I don't wish it on anyone; but I also fail to see how helping their child to ruin someone else's life is being helpful either.

Damn that’s an eloquent post.

Do you have a link(s) or examples for his outdoor savviness? Car camping doesn’t qualify. Parental testimonials to his “experience” don’t qualify, either. (So far on WS, I have yet to encounter a missing hiker who could live up to the designation “experienced”, even though loved ones insist they are.)

By all accounts, this terrain is nearly impossible for the average camper, so this is a good question/point. If he's there, he didn't go there to survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998