Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
the thing is though, when they got in the fight on august 12th , he states (to the police) the reason he refused to give the keys to her was that he was scared she would leave him. he comes off as controlling and i just can't see him leaving her while shes alive.

SABBM above: I thought he was Mr. Big Wilderness Hiker; and that the campground was not all that remote in terms of its surroundings.

I mean, I'm not saying I myself would have wanted to be left; but I thought he had resources and wanted to be seen as resourceful, and could've hitched to a road or similar.

Surely, if he'd had to have waited until she cooled down and drove back, someone somewhere on another adjacent campsite, would've given him some hot tea/something spare to cover up with, so on, and so forth? I doubt she would have turned around and driven back to Florida.

It took days of full search teams to find her in that spot, I don't think it's unreasonable to think he didn't see her, or perhaps she wasn't there yet. Forensics need to be done to tell us when she passed etc. We will know more in time...

IMO

I actually edited that post but it didn't go through I think. I agree with you there. I had added that maybe he got back. (looked around or didn't) and assumed she had taken off with friend that we've heard had planned to meet up with them/her.

Oh I agree completely. It's so inhuman what his parents did.

Gabby lived in their house.
Gabby was going to marry their son
Gabby worked at one of their businesses

She wasn't just some girl he met on the internet or a hookup or a stranger.

She was part of their family. The cruelty to her parents is unfathomable.

I do think the strange trip he took from SLC to FL and back was the beginning of their dissociation from her and her parents. Did they ever talk to her on the phone, or her parents then? I highly doubt it. They may have been trying to shut her out at that point. Although I can't guess what the plan was supposed to be. We don't hear that they gave the couple money, yet we know her parents helped out at every opportunity. Heck, I'm surprised her father didn't fly out to SLC just to keep her company when BL was gone.

Okay and TIA... who took trip from SLC to FL and when???

the thing is though, when they got in the fight on august 12th , he states (to the police) the reason he refused to give the keys to her was that he was scared she would leave him. he comes off as controlling and i just can't see him leaving her while shes alive.

from the sounds of it he didn't even wait around to see if she'd show back up (since he was picked up august 29th 6pm and someone saw him getting gas 20 miles away away at 11pm). why not ask people nearby if they'd seen her. theres multiple reports that the area they were in was crowded, all the camping spots were taken and so full that their van was just pulled off on the side of the road and parked. ik people can act unpredictable when they're panicking but i can't find any way how he didn't do it personally.
Has the 11pm sighting been verified? I know they were working to verify the woman who said she picked him up, and she was talking to LE, but I haven't heard that anything is verified.... In addition to people being weird with their kids, people seek attention in odd ways.

Again, I really have no idea what happened. This whole story is bananas.

Imo.

MOO, but I don't think they said he could be in there for months. What I saw read was someone asked how long would it take to search the Reserve and they said it would take months

It’s a direct quote from an officer.

Police said Brian Laundrie, a person of interest in the Gabby Petito case, could potentially hide out in the Florida reserve "for months."

“You could be out here for months if you wanted," Taylor said.” (Brian Laundrie could hide out in the swamps of the 'vast' Florida reserve 'for months,' police involved in Gabby Petito case say)

My mistake. Forgot about that and haven't been able to keep up with the thread due to the site being slowed to a crawl earlier.

Still, you would think if you're the Laundrie parents and you genuinely don't know what happened to your son and fear the worst, you would be in contact enough with LE to have that car examined and kept where it is.

brian entin, one of the reporters who has been posting from the laundrie's street since tuesday, says they have video which proves that the mustang was not at the house tuesday night when they left, but it was there wednesday morning.

Interesting, admittedly I cant tell which flip flops are the ones outside the van from the dashcam, though I think their gabby's.

I personally think that the size of the flip flops, compared with the wheel of the van etc is more consistent with BL's. His also seem more formed around his foot shape/worn compared to hers which are much flatter. JMO

Attachments

• gabbyflip3.png
    gabbyflip3.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 53
Nothing much is that black and white. But in this case, what would you do if your child suddenly came home without his fiancée, who lived with you. And either said she was dead or “missing”? Just sit tight? Or report her missing? Ignore her parents when they reach out?

To me, that’s all not just enabling. It’s cruel.
I have absolutely no idea what I’d do. I have learned over the years though that I am not perfect and I now find it very hard to judge other people’s actions, specifically his parents. I hate that they chose to ignore Gabby’s mom and chose to follow counsel’s advice of silence. I don’t know how much they know, I don’t know that getting him an attorney is enabling him, but I believe they should’ve replied to the texts.

And my answer was fast and loose too bc I was responding quickly to BL having any plausible reason explaining away his repeated demonstrated conciousness of guilt.
Yeah. No, I get it. We're all just brainstorming :)

SABBM above: I thought he was Mr. Big Wilderness Hiker; and that the campground was not all that remote in terms of its surroundings.

I mean, I'm not saying I myself would have wanted to be left; but I thought he had resources and wanted to be seen as resourceful, and could've hitched to a road or similar.

Surely, if he'd had to have waited until she cooled down and drove back, someone somewhere on another adjacent campsite, would've given him some hot tea/something spare to cover up with, so on, and so forth? I doubt she would have turned around and driven back to Florida.

they weren’t at a campsite when they got into the argument. They were at the Moonflower Co-op, in town so it makes even less sense that he would be “afraid” she would leave him.

First time poster. So angry for one.

Think BL is a bad liar and so are his parents.

#1. Lied to tik tok lady to try to create an alibi that he hasn't been at the van in days (she smelled BS).

#2. Lied to GP's mother that they were in Yosemite to steer the search away from Wyoming (she smelled BS eventually).

#3. Had parents lie that he was at the house between GP missing person report and Tuesday so no one will be out looking for him and he will have a head start to hide. Now we all think that was a lie.

#4. Lied about BL going to the nature preserve area in FL on Tuesday (was probably there prior to Tuesday to leave his scent so they would continue to waste time looking there).

#5. Lied about the mustang being brought back on Thursday morning (not 100% sure of motive here).

I wonder if there's any chance - and the possibility makes me so sad - that they wanted to give him a chance to kill himself.
That would be horrible for the parents. No prison sentence for them (if there is to be any) would compare to living with that anguish.

he had that tarp
IMO he went to Colton Bay to buy the tarp for the express purpose of doing something to her body, perhaps dragging it further away, hiding it better, burying it so animals would have a harder time digging it up.
So, yes, I believe she was running away from him, he caught up to her and killed her, sort of concealed her, and then went to buy a tarp for some purpose that had to do with her body. He may not have got around to doing that, but IMO that was the plan.
Buying a tarp and claiming he was using it for an overnight captures for me not only his total lack of experience, but also that couldn’t possibly be what he intended. You need rope! Alot of it. You need a second tarp. You need a sleeping bag. Food. Water…

I wonder if he knew at that point on that day that G had a fear of him driving off & leaving her? I suspect so? There were shops nearby, no? He couldn't have gone into one?

Actually, it was. Your judgment of Brian makes it seem like you’re not willing to think of what would be realistic in a situation like they were in. If he wanted to get away from her to calm down and ease the situation and she wouldn’t let him the only place he could’ve gone was into the car. Even officer Taylor admitted that it was a common use vehicle so acting like he had absolutely no right to lock himself in just because it had her name on the title is plain wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46