Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too much is being made of him trying to lock himself in the van (as well as the fact that she was on the title). He admitted trying to get away from her, it stands to reason the van was the best option.
Then by all means, please get away from her without excluding her from her phone, her car, her source of safety and security - which was the main reason why she was clearly so upset to begin with.

Regarding where BL is now-

I come back to the old saying the easiest solution is often the solution. It’s more likely that he wandered off into the woods, or his folks dropped him off somewhere else and he wandered into the woods/away, or he went off to kill himself. Rather than he obtained false documents to start a new life in Mexico.

Just MOO.

Something I think people are overlooking about Gabby's phone. How many people do you know that don't lock their phones these days? BL would be the only one that would know how to unlock her phone and send the bogus text message(s). Unless her phone wasn't locked to begin with.

My husband brought up an idea today that BL may gone to the refuge to leave clues to fake his death- and he leaves the mustang there? Interesting thought on his part.

Edit, I am late to the game, sorry this was already mentioned and repeated it.

Last edited:
IMO he went to Colton Bay to buy the tarp for the express purpose of doing something to her body, perhaps dragging it further away, hiding it better, burying it so animals would have a harder time digging it up.
So, yes, I believe she was running away from him, he caught up to her and killed her, sort of concealed her, and then went to buy a tarp for some purpose that had to do with her body. He may not have got around to doing that, but IMO that was the plan.
Buying a tarp and claiming he was using it for an overnight captures for me not only his total lack of experience, but also that couldn’t possibly be what he intended. You need rope! Alot of it. You need a second tarp. You need a sleeping bag. Food. Water…
And you need no bears.

She may have left the van there in case he came back.She could have even left a note for him saying that she left to go search for him.She then never returns to the van and from there he just starts making one bad decision to the next.

I don't believe this scenario, but if you want one that works to show his innocence it goes like this. She wants to work on her Vanlife channel, he wants to go exploring. They argue. He says, fine stay her and work on your video I am going to go camping. She tells him "fine, go, but I won't be here when you get back. I'll leave with (insert friends name here who she plans to meet up with in Yellowstone) . You can go to he double hockey sticks and take this nasty van with you (its obviously trashed by now)".

He goes on his little walkabout and when he comes back she isn't there. Maybe she went off and killed herself or someone saw her alone in the woods and killed her. He gets pissed thinking she left him. and drives home in a rage. 2 weeks later his mom gets a text from GP's mom saying she is missing. She doesn't answer immediately and instead asks him whats that all about. She thought they had just broken up. He now realizes he Effed up. The family gets nervous about his action and calls their friend the real estate lawyer who callously tells them to say nothing.

But that scenario is a load of swiss chees full of holes.

Covered with what? Dirt/leaves/debris?
Looked mostly covered lightly with dirt, you could see light colored clothing, maybe just barely buried in the ground, human body form. The camera quickly turned away, it was pretty quick and I've rewatched it a few times and it's not there now. Someone has described it just as I saw it as well, either early in this thread or towards the end of the thread before this one. You would have had to seen it live from early this afternoon. There's no way any credible news source would leave that in there. So as I can't prove what I saw, it's mo

Regarding where BL is now-

I come back to the old saying the easiest solution is often the solution. It’s more likely that he wondered off into the woods, or his folks dropped him off somewhere else and he wondered into the woods/away, or he went off to kill himself. Rather than he obtained false documents to start a new life in Mexico.

Just MOO.
Agreed I doubt he'd risk a border crossing whether by land or sea, he's probably hiding in the Florida state wilderness and/or he's committed suicide, though I am personally inclined to believe the former is the case.

Do we know for certain that cadaver dogs have been used on the van? Because in almost every scenario I can think of, BL drove to that site by Spread Creek to dispose of her. It just seems difficult to imagine she went alive to the place where she was found; you have to cross a large muddy wash (Spread Creek) to get to it, and there's nothing particularly photogenic or interesting about that spot that might have attracted her there. Possibly they were out on a hike and it was BL's choice, but again, why deliberately cross a wide, muddy wash to get to terrain that doesn't look any different than that on their original side? If they wanted a scenic hike with pictures for Gabby's blog, there were several other places along that road which were much prettier, with views of the mountains in the background. But if he drove to Spread Creek with Gabby's dead body in the van, it would have had to leave scent traces for the dogs, right?

Or possibly she was alive when they arrived at Spread Creek and parked the van alongside the road (red dot on map) and then whatever happened, happened. Now BL has a dead body he needs to get rid of. If it happened at the van, or if she was already dead by the time the van got to Spread Creek on the 27th, he would need to carry her across that wide-open wash to get to the spot where he wanted to put her (marked in blue on map.) There are a couple of campsites facing the wash, which makes me think that if he carried her across wrapped in a tarp or something, he must have done it at night to avoid being seen; otherwise that's a lot of wide-open space to cross carrying a suspiciously large and weird-shaped burden. But then he would have had to use a headlamp or flashlight and a light in that kind of pitch-blackness is noticeable for a long way and would be memorable to campers who saw it, so that doesn't leave him much better off. Add to that the fact that BL isn't a particularly big guy, he's 5'8 and only weighed 50lbs more than Gabby, so carrying her across such uneven terrain would be challenging (even more so if it was after dark.)

So that doesn't seem likely, but neither does the idea of the two of them hiking to the spot and her being killed there by a random accident. There's nothing to fall into or fall off of. If she crossed the Spread Creek wash alive, was it because BL had decided to coax her over there and then murder her? But why? If her death was deliberate and planned rather than a sudden snap or an accident, BL had to know that even if her body wasn't found, the DV incident in Moab would immediately point the finger at him. Plus his panicked reactions are more like someone who killed her in a fit of anger than in cold blood, IMO (everything in this post is completely MOO.) But it seems very odd that if BL just snapped and killed her, like during an argument, that it would happen in such an ideal place to leave her body -- an out-of-the-way, dull, unattractive spot where she would very likely not be found by humans and very likely would be found by bears and other animals who would dispose of her.

I can't help but feel that she died sometime between her last Snapchat on the 27th and the arrival of the van at Spread Creek later that day. I just can't figure out how BL got her across that wash unseen.

Perhaps they both walked out toward the creek, had an argument, the assault took place-- he hid her, laid low for an hour or so, then sauntered back to the van by himself? JMO

Agreed. He's a *talker*. And whether it's feigned on camera or not, I got the sense from bodycam he's eager to manipulate how people view him. He needs approval. [moosteer]

I am not convinced his parents would be sophisticated enough to google extradition treaties deep into the night, then hide that googling, then get him on a boat, train, or plane out of the U.S. with enough cash to lay him over a few years. They'd have to account for the missing cash. This brings up the Q. of potential outside assistance.
Agree with you, but MOO also been thinking the number (and variety!) of LLCs registered to immediate family members could suggest "creative" knowledge about taxes, money, etc. If this gets taken down, I am sorry! Not a statement on the family, just my opinion on large batches of (seemingly unrelated) LLCs, regardless of who owns them.

I think it was alway 3 aganist 1 in the Laundrie's home... I felt that way the minute I watched her apology in the 8/12 video JMO

YES!!! I just have a feeling that his parents were coddling and enabling BL and telling GP that she was too emotional and getting too worked up. Blah blah blah. And I have a feeling she was his personal maid in that household. JMO.

Something I think people are overlooking about Gabby's phone. How many people do you know that don't lock their phones these days? BL would be the only one that would know how to unlock her phone and send the bogus text message(s). Unless her phone wasn't locked to begin with.
Excellent point. And, if they are able to determine time of death, and I'm not sure how much they narrow it down this would be another piece. Another "building block" for the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie