Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another important variable in BL's ability to remain in the wild is organization and mental clarity. If the interview of GP's friend is to be believed BL would have episodes of hallucination, concurrently going without sleep for days. This if anything will be detrimental to his ability to remain off the grid.

It’s a direct quote from an officer.

Police said Brian Laundrie, a person of interest in the Gabby Petito case, could potentially hide out in the Florida reserve "for months."

“You could be out here for months if you wanted," Taylor said.” (Brian Laundrie could hide out in the swamps of the 'vast' Florida reserve 'for months,' police involved in Gabby Petito case say)

Ahh, thanks. I see that quote now. I think that was a generic answer about how big the place is, not how well they think BL personally could stay out there. So I think the Headline is a bit of a stretch.

Something I think people are overlooking about Gabby's phone. How many people do you know that don't lock their phones these days? BL would be the only one that would know how to unlock her phone and send the bogus text message(s). Unless her phone wasn't locked to begin with.

Yep. Or he knew her password. It's very plausible, imo.

I will have to go search for the source and post, but the woman who worked at Moonstone that was murdered was said to be not working when BL and GP were at the store.
I read this too and can’t believe their isn’t more press about this and determined to be unrelated. Gabby and Brian fight at Moonflower and Schulte who is killed was working their that same day! It is reported she worked until 3pm.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/us/moab-murders-crystal-turner-kylen-schulte.amp
She and Gabby are both dead. Unrelated perhaps but such an eerie coincidence.

As to whether her remains were visible or buried. I listened earlier today to this live where they mentioned that according to their photographer he saw the body. This is mentioned around 19:00 minutes into the live video where it is discussed.

Thank you!
MOO It was absolutely seen on live copter footage I was watching on Facebook but it’s not there anymore (rightfully so). I know people want to say that it’s not confirmed (also rightfully so) but many of us saw the same thing. Apparently so did this photographer.

At this point I think we should stop back and forth on it (save the mods!) and just wait for official word as to how her remains found.

I read this too and can’t believe their isn’t more press about this and determined to be unrelated. Gabby and Brian fight at Moonflower and Schulte who is killed was working their that same day! It is reported she worked until 3pm.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/us/moab-murders-crystal-turner-kylen-schulte.amp
She and Gabby are both dead. Unrelated perhaps but such an eerie coincidence.

This was discussed here but because LE declared that it was impossible, we don't discuss it any more.

I don't believe this scenario, but if you want one that works to show his innocence it goes like this. She wants to work on her Vanlife channel, he wants to go exploring. They argue. He says, fine stay her and work on your video I am going to go camping. She tells him "fine, go, but I won't be here when you get back. I'll leave with (insert friends name here who she plans to meet up with in Yellowstone) . You can go to he double hockey sticks and take this nasty van with you (its obviously trashed by now)".

He goes on his little walkabout and when he comes back she isn't there. Maybe she went off and killed herself or someone saw her alone in the woods and killed her. He gets pissed thinking she left him. and drives home in a rage. 2 weeks later his mom gets a text from GP's mom saying she is missing. She doesn't answer immediately and instead asks him whats that all about. She thought they had just broken up. He now realizes he Effed up. The family gets nervous about his action and calls their friend the real estate lawyer who callously tells them to say nothing.

But that scenario is a load of swiss chees full of holes.

He puts the stickers on as an "FU! It's my van now." So that when GP comes home it looks like he's had fun without her. I'm stuck on those stickers.

And the chances of him showing up & telling the truth are slim imo. My point is I believe he would know it would further aggravate her to lock her out of her own van. He's a big strong guy who could probably make it a few feet to a shop without injury.

I think if you’re trying to get away from someone you’re having an argument with and you’re in public, it would make sense to try and lock yourself in somewhere, no? I say that because more than one person found the argument concerning enough to call police, so maybe the van was the only place to be where he could roll the windows up and calm himself down and give herself time to calm herself down? We won’t know until and unless he decides to show up and talk.

what makes me so sad about all of this-- was gabby so isolated she didn't feel she could tell anyone about their issues? for example, their fight on august 12th, if that happened to me my mom, siblings, and close friends would know every detail from me. i've dated my share of very abusive men, and i lost friends because they saw me being abused but i wasn't strong enough to walk away. i knew they were being abusive, i'd cry to friends and family multiple times a week, but it was hard getting away. i just couldn't imagine being abused and then .. i guess suffering alone. god she has to have a reddit account or something somewhere that she'd vent, right ? where all the details from her POV are posted?

From what i'm able to gather, they were at Moonflower Co-op for 5-6 hours the morning of August 12th. they got into a fight that included BL saying he didn't think GP could be successful, he took the keys (?) from her, thinking she was going to leave him and she scratched him. then he locked himself inside the van when she climbed in through the window. but i really wish someone knew how everything went down.. like she didn't text her mom every detail ? :(
Probably because they were spending every minute of every day together there was no time for privacy to vent to anyone else? Different strokes for different folks but it would be my personal hell to be so stuck with just one other person all day everyday.

I put it at between 5 and 7 on the north side of the road.

I actually agree. That fits with the orientation of side of the road the van was seen on in the video. And it looks like the wash of the creek is in the right place from this perspective.

Regarding where BL is now-

I come back to the old saying the easiest solution is often the solution. It’s more likely that he wandered off into the woods, or his folks dropped him off somewhere else and he wandered into the woods/away, or he went off to kill himself. Rather than he obtained false documents to start a new life in Mexico.

Just MOO.
I do not think they want their son dead. They have been shielding and enabling him probably his entire life. I don't know what the plan is. But, there is a plan. I don't think he is far from them unless the whole family is meeting up somewhere (and he heads there first), or there's other close friends or relatives involved.

How do we know he’s a “skilled outdoorsman”? BL’s parents told LE, maybe? I wouldn’t trust that!

He was a loner. Not a single friend that we know of. No social media before Gabby. No job. Not going to school.

His only interest seems to be the outdoors. I suspect he spent A LOT of time out there.
You keep wanting to say he wasn’t a skilled outdoorsman but not all people interact with nature “by the letter of perfect hiker / camper handbook ” - that’s doesn’t make them any less skilled to survive.

If you look at his instagram, he's often wearing hiking boots in his selfies. I think that 'barefoot' thing was just an affectation, a sign of his pretentious posing. I really do think he donned many masks publicly which were different than his private persona. Just as Gabby tried to appear more confident and carefree than she was really feeling behind the scenes. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member