Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve also been pondering…if he fled to Mexico like some have speculated…wouldn’t Covid protocols be hard to get by? I mean, unless he faked an ID AND a new Covid vaccine card with the new name on the vaccine card??? JMO
Nope...he could travel to many places... just now sure how well he can manage alone.... and if he flew before GP was reported missing on 9/11... he could be anywhere... Just depends on how deep his parents pockets are.

22 seconds in :( The ground below where they put the canopy up appears to be freshly disturbed, there is sagebrush and river rock EVERYWHERE but that area.
View attachment 313511

There is nothing under the canopy when it's positioned there. If you watch the videos, as they're putting it up the people walk all over that ground and the legs of the canopy are sitting on it in various places as the erect it. This is intended as cover for a staging area or something similar. The body is offscreen.

In the earliest versions of the video, the chopper footage actually shows the body and people saw clothing. This was edited out later.

yeah i guess i'd just think you could whip up some texts while going to the bathroom, brushing her teeth, before falling asleep, etc.......... like he'd have to be mega controlling (which no doubt he is) to be looming over her shoulder 24/7 watching her send every text message........... which is probably why she used snapchat to talk to her friend, so the messages would disappear. :(
If he's stealing her ID out of her wallet unbeknownst to her on a day he knew she was going out to a bar with her bestie, then I wouldn't put it past him to be constantly on her case about who she's texting with and what she was talking about with them. And also, maybe these things are hard to put in texts.

I read this too and can’t believe their isn’t more press about this and determined to be unrelated. Gabby and Brian fight at Moonflower and Schulte who is killed was working their that same day! It is reported she worked until 3pm.
Moab murders: What happened to Crystal Turner and Kylen Schulte after Aug. 13?
She and Gabby are both dead. Unrelated perhaps but such an eerie coincidence.

This source says she was not working at the time of the fight.
Investigation concluded no connection between Gabby Petito search and murdered Moab couple

He was a loner. Not a single friend that we know of. No social media before Gabby. No job. Not going to school.

His only interest seems to be the outdoors. I suspect he spent A LOT of time out there.
You keep wanting to say he wasn’t a skilled outdoorsman but not all people interact with nature “by the letter of perfect hiker / camper handbook ” - that’s doesn’t make them any less skilled to survive.
But what is the evidence DL actually, in fact, spent a lot of time in wild environments, and especially whether he slept out? I haven’t seen any sign of this, skilled or not. No inkling, as in where, when, what, why, how. I need evidence! For all of that. IMO it was a story he manufactured about himself that maybe others didn’t question. Same with the “I always hike barefoot” baloney; he seems to spin myths about himself or else he’s delusional.

Thank you!
MOO It was absolutely seen on live copter footage I was watching on Facebook but it’s not there anymore (rightfully so). I know people want to say that it’s not confirmed (also rightfully so) but many of us saw the same thing. Apparently so did this photographer.

At this point I think we should stop back and forth on it (save the mods!) and just wait for official word as to how her remains found.

To Note from video:
Reporter stated officials set up the tent, were taking photos of everything, and pointing around about 200 yards from the road.

He puts the stickers on as an "FU! It's my van now." So that when GP comes home it looks like he's had fun without her. I'm stuck on those stickers.

What's the deal with the stickers? There are stickers on the van in the video taken by the Bethunes. Would he have put those on while still camped at the location where the body was found? Maybe a way to disguise the van?

Maybe that’s why a trail app showed either her or his phone in Puerto Rico? Can’t remember which WSer caught that many threads back…

I think it’s been established that the location setting on that app doesn’t record where you/the phone actually are/is, it’s something that you can set yourself.

August 27: Gabby texts Mom and Snapchat-texts friend that she is heading to Yellowstone

August 29: Gabby doesn’t answer call from friend about plans at Yellowstone National Park.

I think this is the most relevant aspect of this timeline. That meeting might have been what triggered the fatal fight. That friend claimed Brian was jealous & controlling whenever they got together and even went as far as stealing her ID and making her delete a tracking app (so her friend can’t locate her). Brian may have believed Gabby would try to leave with the friend. She may have even said it in a fight. That threat may have been what set Brian over the edge or led to him being so hostile and paranoid that another violent fight broke out and caused her death via strangulation.
Perhaps something along the lines of "Won't be needing you anymore. I'm gonna finish the rest of this trip with Rose. Buh-bye." Something like that could have set him off after all (he believes) he went through for her. MOO

If a person is asleep, or their face is available, their phone can be unlocked with facial recognition whether or not they're alive/aware of it

On an iPhone, the default settings for Face ID are to "Require Attention for Face ID" and "Attention Aware Features". So if that were the case here then her eyes would have to still be open.

I wonder if good couples counseling might not have saved lives (probably two). Or maybe a high school class on right relationships. What if a professional had called Brian out on his manipulation and control, or told Gabby it wasn't ever okay to hit someone. I wonder if Brian was irredeemably evil or was just taking advantage of male privilege and could be educated and have his vision expanded and his conscience awakened.

I wonder if some clear, public rules about what to do when you find yourself in a volatile situation might not have saved them. I really felt for Gabby: I think part of her distress was being called out for her own violence (mild) and feeling like this meant she had completely lost any control over her autonomy and well-being.

I don't know. Does Brian have any conscience? Is he capable of empathy? Could Gabby have claimed her strength and either sent him packing or made an ultimatum and stuck to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23