Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please share this post. I think it's significant.

I found this on Brian's Instagram account. It's a quote from Fight Club, a book by one of his favorite authors. According to another one of his posts, he would bring these books on his Appalachian Trail hikes. It sounds like he's done a lot of hiking on the AT.

This quote is probably where the name for their YouTube channel comes from: Nomadic Static. They read Fight Club to each other last August.

“Only after disaster can we be resurrected. It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything. Nothing is static, everything is evolving, everything is falling apart."

And yes, the AT extends down into Florida.

Edited to add: It has been pointed out that the terminus is in Georgia, but there's a trail system in Florida that connects to the AT. So on some maps you'll see it included as an extension.

Login • Instagram

(That's the best I can do with the link. I hope it works for you.)

Last edited:
What I saw was they were standing around in a circle in an area that appeared to be where something was buried under. It looked like they were trying to block the choppers from seeing it. The canopy just appeared to be a place to shade where they will place the items of evidence under, process it, and take photos. I also do not think the body was under the canopy.

I don't think the body was within a 100' of the canopy. Its a potential crime scene. You don't stomp all over the evidence to hide the body from a chopper. People might have seen a body in earlier footage, but I suspect they were showing a wider camera angle and have since edited it to show a narrower frame of view.

A criminal defense lawyer on NG earlier said for BL's defense, they would need to show she died after he left. Could BL and GP have been separated, BL comes back, can't find her, can't get her on the phone, she doesn't come back. Out of anger, spite, whatever, he said forget it, I'm out, she can find her own way home.

He makes it back to Florida, her parents are now reaching out because they're worried, and now he's freaking out because, well, this does not look good for him. He tells his parents he has absolutely no idea where she is or what's going on, so they contact a lawyer, who tells them do not, under any circumstances speak to the police (which is his right to do to avoid self incrimination), she may be fine. We just don't know.

As the search starts to heat up, it is suggested that maybe he find something to keep him busy, away from the home, until the have not details.

No parent wants to believe their child, especially one without a criminal background (as far as I know), could be capable of murder. So to protect their child, they follow the advice of their attorney, regardless of how bad it looks because this is what they were told is on his best interest.

Maybe they really thought she would be fine. Maybe she was fine when he left. If their relationship was as volatile as it seems, maybe he decided, okay, this trip is over. Let's go back to Florida. Maybe she refused to get in the vehicle out of anger, hurt, fear, etc. and told him she'd get her own way back, better yet maybe he even told her to find her own way back. Now he's realizing how stupid that decision was, but he can't fix it and all he can do now is keep quiet, like he was told to do, and hope like hell he doesn't go to prison for something he didn't do.

I'm just trying to think of any reason under the sun why a parent would refuse to even acknowledge another parent's plea for help, and the only one I can even sort of consider is that they really, truly believe he had nothing to do with her death and want to protect him the only way they can.

IF that scenario could even remotely be true, then I can imagine he's dealing with a lot of guilt right now (and probably is feeling that regardless of what happened, true psychopaths aren't that common) and suicide could be a serious concern for someone who left their significant other out of anger or due to a disagreement and found out they died.

I've watched this a hundred times and see absolutely no evidence of anything anywhere. It's very strange...
If you see where LE are gathered together kind of under that tree - that is believed to be the area where Gabby was found. They're shielding her while other LE are setting up the canopy.

The stickers seem to be placed right around the critical time of late 27th - Sept 1 and probably by BL. I know I thought nothing of it earlier but why if he had just killed her? To disguise the van? The Florida license plate out West was giving them away - stickers would do nothing to hide that.

I'm sorry I must be confused-- Which stickers were placed b/w Aug 27 and Sept 1? The ones in the second picture you posted (I think LE photos after the van was confiscated) are also present in the body cam video on August 12. So the stickers seem to be something that Gabby also participated in. Is there one that was added later that seems significant? See here for the shots with stickers (around 12:12):

Figured I’d ask again. Why do you think he hitchhiked on the 29th? I can’t figure it out. To hide something? But she said his backpack was empty and why not just drive the van?

Assuming that report is accurate... there seems to be a shallow river and lots of mud between the van and where the body was. Perhaps he was very dirty and needed to get somewhere to shower off the mud and clean up rather than get back into the van filthy?

Last edited:
Assuming that report is accurate... there seems to be a shallow river and lots of mud between the van and where the body was. Perhaps he was very dirty and needed to get somewhere to shower of the mud and clean up rather than get back into the van filthy?

Potentially, could also be an attempt to destroy evidence on BL's part.

I found this on Brian's Instagram account. It's a quote from Fight Club, a book by one of his favorite authors. According to another one of his posts, he would bring these books on his Appalachian Trail hikes. It sounds like he's done a lot of hiking on the AT.

This quote is probably where the name for their YouTube channel comes from: Nomadic Static. They read Fight Club to each other last August.

“Only after disaster can we be resurrected. It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything. Nothing is static, everything is evolving, everything is falling apart."

I wish I didn't know that. It's too sad.

This actually seems like a possible scenario, and actually exactly what I have been thinking as far as alternate scenarios go. I am curious what holes you see. It's certainly not the simplest explanation, but sometimes that's how the truth shakes out.

Just really open for discussion and not argument, so hopefully you take it as such :) Question everything! Haha.

Imo.
I was thinking this was plausible also, until I thought about the texts that were sent t0 mom from her account to quelch any suspicion, the social media post that was not her, and the spotify account upload. I think it was likely BL doing this; as a random killer probably wouldn't have access to her password- spend the time to do this. These happened before he arrived home in FL.

If you see where LE are gathered together kind of under that tree - that is believed to be the area where Gabby was found. They're shielding her while other LE are setting up the canopy.

They're too close together. And there's a shot where they all start walking off in a certain direction.

This actually seems like a possible scenario, and actually exactly what I have been thinking as far as alternate scenarios go. I am curious what holes you see. It's certainly not the simplest explanation, but sometimes that's how the truth shakes out.

Just really open for discussion and not argument, so hopefully you take it as such :) Question everything! Haha.

Imo.

1st hole - she didn't leave so her stuff is still in the van. He couldn't miss that detail.
2nd - the august 30th text to mom. Who sent it if she's dead.
3rd - the alleged sighting that he used her credit card to get gas at 11pm on the 29th

Login • Instagram

(That's the best I can do with the link. I hope it works for you.)

the southern terminus of the appalachian trail is in northern georgia...

But what is the evidence DL actually, in fact, spent a lot of time in wild environments, and especially whether he slept out? I haven’t seen any sign of this, skilled or not. No inkling, as in where, when, what, why, how. I need evidence! For all of that. IMO it was a story he manufactured about himself that maybe others didn’t question. Same with the “I always hike barefoot” baloney; he seems to spin myths about himself or else he’s delusional.

You haven’t seen any sign that he didn’t either.

Im betting his family knows the amount of time he spent out there and gave that information to officers. You make it sound like he manufactured stories somewhere about himself being some great outdoorsman but his posts about hiking. etc are few. In some he even says he’s never experienced that terrain. He isn’t putting on airs about being anything. He wasn’t into social media or a following or manufacturing images for followers. In fact, there’s plenty that says he’s pretty against all that. Including his putting down GP for being into it.

AND he has on boots in more images of his than he is barefoot. No where does HE even mention barefoot hiking that I can find.

I get not liking the guy.
But IMO you have a bias here that doesn’t align with facts.

I don't think the body was within a 100' of the canopy. Its a potential crime scene. You don't stomp all over the evidence to hide the body from a chopper. People might have seen a body in earlier footage, but I suspect they were showing a wider camera angle and have since edited it to show a narrower frame of view.
I agree. I believe what we've been able to view is the staging area set up near the road for the coroner that was en route to the scene. MOO

Regarding the stickers, she may have been stopping him from adding more stickers previously. She was no longer around to stop him.

She might not have wanted too many stickers to clutter up the look of the van for highly image conscious social media. He wouldn't have liked being told he couldn't add more.

I was thinking this was plausible also, until I thought about the texts that were sent t0 mom from her account to quelch any suspicion, the social media post that was not her, and the spotify account upload. I think it was likely BL doing this; as a random killer probably wouldn't have access to her password- spend the time to do this. These happened before he arrived home in FL.

If she has fingerprint unlock on her phone, anyone who could put her finger to the phone could unlock it. And BL sending the Yosemite text does not make sense to me. If he is sending a text to calm her family, why raise another ref flag in the text.... he knew exactly where they were going.

That Yosemite/Yellowstone thing sticks in my craw and makes me think there is more to this than we think.

Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member