Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you see where LE are gathered together kind of under that tree - that is believed to be the area where Gabby was found. They're shielding her while other LE are setting up the canopy.

If you're talking about the group of people a few feet away from the canopy, they wouldn't hover over a crime scene like that, forever contaminating potential evidence.

In the 3rd video on this page, at about 1:10 into it, you can get an HD view under the canopy plus the area where the men were standing. There's nothing there. However, they walk off toward where I believe the body is, off camera.

Human remains discovered 'consistent' with description of Gabby Petito

Figured I’d ask again. Why do you think he hitchhiked on the 29th? I can’t figure it out. To hide something? But she said his backpack was empty and why not just drive the van?

As a previous comment said, he may have been fleeing and decided to return to get the van.

or,

He may have taken a hike and then hitchhiked for a alibi, planned on returning to the van and "finding her missing and dead". Freaked and left for Florida instead.

I'm sorry I must be confused-- Which stickers were placed b/w Aug 27 and Sept 1? The ones in the second picture you posted (I think LE photos after the van was confiscated) are also present in the body cam video on August 12. So the stickers seem to be something that Gabby also participated in. Is there one that was added later that seems significant? See here for the shots with stickers (around 12:12):
I just noticed in this video, before it starts & she’s sitting in the car, her arm just above the elbow is really red & looks maybe scraped. If you enlarge it & look before you press play. :(

I was thinking this was plausible also, until I thought about the texts that were sent t0 mom from her account to quelch any suspicion, the social media post that was not her, and the spotify account upload. I think it was likely BL doing this; as a random killer probably wouldn't have access to her password- spend the time to do this. These happened before he arrived home in FL.

Again to be clear, I think he killed her and ran home, and that my scenario had plenty of holes. But concerning the August 30th text to GP's mom. Sometimes my wife doesn't receive a text I send her until the next day. Its weird. I have sat beside her when her phone dinged and seen my day old text pop up. I can easily see a text getting hung up in an area with spotty reception and being sent at a later time.

If she has fingerprint unlock on her phone, anyone who could put her finger to the phone could unlock it. And BL sending the Yosemite text does not make sense to me. If he is sending a text to calm her family, why raise another ref flag in the text.... he knew exactly where they were going.

That Yosemite/Yellowstone thing sticks in my craw and makes me think there is more to this than we think.

Imo
The Yosemite/Yellowstone thing is a red herring IMO, often times these two parks are confused for one another due to their popularity and similar name (even as I was typing this I almost wrote "yellowsmite" lol).

Remember this? Released Sept 14th.
"This is an extremely difficult time for both the Petito family and the Laundrie family.
"I understand that a search has been organized for Miss Petito in or near Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming. On behalf of the Laundrie family it is our hope that the search for Miss Petito is successful and that Miss Petito is re-united with her family.
"On the advice of counsel the Laundrie family is remaining in the background at this juncture and will have no further comment."

This is haunting now!!

Based on what I've heard about BL alleged significant mental health issues (e.g., signs of psychosis with visual, and auditory hallucination along with total sleep deprivation) I think an insanity defence might ultimately be the way this goes IMO.
Don't think anyone would buy that, too much planning, traveling, evading. Maybe a self-defense lie though. Probably no plea deal now that Gabby has been found thank goodness. I think they fought, their fights were escalating, she tried to get away, and he strangled her (like another poster here, I didn't like the way he touched, grabbed and pushed Gabby under the chin area). Then used the tarp to drag her 200 yards from that road and left her in a shallow grave. He tried to cover his tracks with his parents help. And here we are.

I just noticed in this video, before it starts & she’s sitting in the car, her arm just above the elbow is really red & looks maybe scraped. :(
Additionally in a social media story of her sliding down a sand dune there are notable bruises on her back and neck, its entirely possible she was being physically abused by BL.

Again to be clear, I think he killed her and ran home, and that my scenario had plenty of holes. But concerning the August 30th text to GP's mom. Sometimes my wife doesn't receive a text I send her until the next day. Its weird. I have sat beside her when her phone dinged and seen my day old text pop up. I can easily see a text getting hung up in an area with spotty reception and being sent at a later time.

Definitely possible, but then mom did not feel it was GP sending the text. Didn't it say Yosemite when it should have said Yellowstone?

If you're talking about the group of people a few feet away from the canopy, they wouldn't hover over a crime scene like that, forever contaminating potential evidence.

In the 3rd video on this page, at about 1:10 into it, you can get an HD view under the canopy plus the area where the men were standing. There's nothing there. However, they walk off toward where I believe the body is, off camera.

Human remains discovered 'consistent' with description of Gabby Petito
Thank you for the correction. I only watched it once and it was upsetting for me.

Remember this? Released Sept 14th.
"This is an extremely difficult time for both the Petito family and the Laundrie family.
"I understand that a search has been organized for Miss Petito in or near Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming. On behalf of the Laundrie family it is our hope that the search for Miss Petito is successful and that Miss Petito is re-united with her family.
"On the advice of counsel the Laundrie family is remaining in the background at this juncture and will have no further comment."

This is haunting now!!

This is what makes me semiconsider he left her alive and well and found out something was amiss when he got back to Florida and her parents hadn't heard from her either. If they were prone to arguing, maybe her not contacting him and vice versa wasn't uncommon during a disagreement, so that didn't seem odd to him.

Is it confirmed that Gabby’s body was found buried?

it looked more than river stones and some dirt etc in the scene from the CNN helicopter... its hard to remember now See if you can find the canopy going up then look at the group of men just beyond it in a half circle.... and could be my memory and emotions but the helicopter person said we saw something that needed checking and didnt want to disturb it until it can get looked at. Not sure it they were talking about this area or the another spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave