Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Starting to think the Florida search was just a wild goose chase. A diversion so he could get a headstart. Why else would they take his car back home if he's "missing" and that's how he'd get back home, even if they were about to be cited. I also don't buy that they helped him end his own life. Wouldn't a parent want to know that their kid is alive and being fed, even if that is in jail, and not out there dead somewhere?

Just MY OPINION. The parents know exactly what their son is/was capable of. They know exactly what was going on in this relationship, they lived w them. They know if the son was struggling with some type of mental illness or if he learned abusive behavior in the home. She was in clear distress and taking blame for everything, why? Because that is what she has been told. And why was she so terrified he would leave her? Because he has done it before.
His parents have some responsibility here, they knew darn well when he came home w her van and not her something was wrong. They chose to help their son and not Gabby. It’s not the first time I guarantee you that. There is a history here.

Ex-homicide detective Pat Diaz slams handling of Gabby Petito case

I would like your opinion: The x- homicide detective is critical that the Northport police did not get a search warrant for Laundrie's home, including his computer and the Northport police state they did not have the authority to do so-- who is right?
My opinion is that they didn't have grounds for a search warrant but they absolutely should have had eyes on BL -- at the very LEAST some visual confirmation that he was actually there! This is what's so frustrating about Josh Turner, and I want to state that I absolutely support LE and I know they have a very serious job and responsibility, but Josh Turner REPEATEDLY stated they KNEW exactly where BL was. They didn't know. They took BL's parents' word for everything. We have no proof that he's even in FL this whole time.

Ex-homicide detective Pat Diaz slams handling of Gabby Petito case

I would like your opinion: The x- homicide detective is critical that the Northport police did not get a search warrant for Laundrie's home, including his computer and the Northport police state they did not have the authority to do so-- who is right?

No way to know for sure now. If cops had tried to get search warrant and it was granted or denied only way to Know for sure. They did not apply. They also didn’t watch the house which they could have done. We do not know for sure exactly when BL was in that house. We only have what his parents have stated.

I missed quite a few pages here and yesterday was just completely heartbroken for her family. Can anyone tell me how far her body was from where the youtubers shot the video with the van?

Yesterday someone mentioned it was about 200 yards, which is approx 1/10 mile. I can't find the post, but someone posted an aerial view showing the 2 locations.

Edit: Changed 1000 to 200 yards and 1.2 mile to 1/10 mile

Last edited:
I'm so sorry to read the news that they believe Gabby Petito's body has been recovered.

From one adventurer to another....

How I go to the woods

Ordinarily, I go to the woods alone, with not a single friend, for they are all smilers and talkers and therefore unsuitable.

I don’t really want to be witnessed talking to the catbirds or hugging the old black oak tree. I have my way of praying, as you no doubt have yours.

Besides, when I am alone I can become invisible. I can sit on the top of a dune as motionless as an uprise of weeds, until the foxes run by unconcerned. I can hear the almost unhearable sound of the roses singing.

If you have ever gone to the woods with me, I must love you very much.”

― Mary Oliver

I thought it was an optical illusion from the ladder but the darkness from the inside, presumably, disappears as you get closer.

I thought the same when I viewed the 'original' footage released yesterday, but this is slowed down and zoomed in and there's no doubt in my mind..

Either one or BOTH of them are in the van, and the door 100% closes as the YouTuber's vehicle approached.

Thanks for sharing this video. This implies that her body wasn't under the tent, some other evidence was. They set up the tent and then found her body near trees nearby.

I screenshoted the tent from the press helicopter footage. I don't think her body was there unless buried. I think evidence, then they found her nearby IMHO.

ETA from the twitter post someone posted of the footage above.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210920-132428_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210920-132428_Samsung Internet.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 172
Petito’s brother, TJ Petito, posted a similar photo on Instagram, with the caption: “I don’t even know what to say. I’m at a total loss. My heart is shattered.”

Petito’s uncle, Mike Schmidt, shared a post on Facebook thanking everyone for the outpouring of support during the ordeal.

He went on to say: “Hug your kids tighter tonight. Take an interest in all they do, even if it’s not your thing. Tell them you love them. Meet and get to know their friends. And trust your gut. If you don’t get a good feeling, trust it.”
Gabby Petito latest:

When all the facts are released to the pertinent DA, we may find out why the Laundries acted the way they did. Because they all kept mum, there might not be much of a legal criminal case against BL. Is it a criminal offense NOT to report a body or missing person in Wyoming? Is there evidence BL physically harmed or endangered GP in way that led to her death? Did BL parents do best thing for son by refusing to talk to anyone except when advantageous to them? What would most parents do if their adult child return home from trip without companion and refuses to talk about, and upon contacting an attorney, the attorney supports keeping quiet

I missed quite a few pages here and yesterday was just completely heartbroken for her family. Can anyone tell me how far her body was from where the youtubers shot the video with the van?

I don't know if there's anything linkable yet so I'll just say on a map it looked very close, like IMO less than 500m.

My opinion is that they didn't have grounds for a search warrant but they absolutely should have had eyes on BL -- at the very LEAST some visual confirmation that he was actually there! This is what's so frustrating about Josh Turner, and I want to state that I absolutely support LE and I know they have a very serious job and responsibility, but Josh Turner REPEATEDLY stated they KNEW exactly where BL was. They didn't know. They took BL's parents' word for everything. We have no proof that he's even in FL this whole time.

Remember NPPD wasn't always the lead agency in this case. Suffolk County may have
told them The lawyer says he's in the home. They didn't know what they were dealing with,
as far as the parents in the beginning. JMO

I thought the same when I viewed the 'original' footage released yesterday, but this is slowed down and zoomed in and there's no doubt in my mind..

Either one or BOTH of them are in the van, and the door 100% closes as the YouTuber's vehicle approached.
If both were in the back of the van, wouldn't there be two pairs of footwear outside?

Now that I’ve seen the video of the van door closing on 8/27, I bet he really did ditch her body and just hike and hike to create an alibi. But then realized that if he went back and “discovered” her buried body in the remote location, it would incriminate him immediately.
I watched Grey fo 3 hours yesterday about the van door, and he pretty much concluded, using hi-def raw footage, that the door this is just noise from the camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288