Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #82

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am also anxious about what is in the AA.
I wonder, if the part of it is blackened, which "would have threatened the daughters to be harrassed by Social Media" (my wording) and why the AA got sealed. If it was important, not to make it public time ago, then it would remain important to stay unknown farther, I think? I'm curious ....

Just wondering if I'm the only one nervous/anxious/dreading/eager to read that heavily redacted AA tomorrow.

I'm not the only one, right? o_O

I'm pretty sure supper tomorrow will be Homicide Lasagna.

I have the same emotions as you about reading and discussing the AA later today

Not sure I am as eager to read it as I would have been if BM was still
Incarcerated.

I hope someone snaps photos of Barry getting out today. I wonder who’s picking him up.

i wouldn’t be surprised if that jerk had someone rent a limo to pick him up with some of his family/friends supporting him.

I mean I don’t think that’s gonna happen but, I feel he’s going to be so smug since he’s getting out today.

Can anyone remember what time the AA will be released? Just so I can stop pacing up and down, chewing off my own hand. Was it 1pm MT? That would be 7pm in the UK.

Don't worry. I've been sitting here refreshing the site every 5 mins for hours now. Lol. I will be busy later, but I am confident y'all will have all the info, ready and waiting, when I get home tonight.

I also suspect Lauren will be on top of it, so maybe watch for her to tweet.

I’m hoping it’s the Daily “Fail.” Although they are generally a little loose with the reporting, their photos are the best!! :)

Ha Ha! @Ontario Mom and I are thinking alike! :p

If memory serves, weren't they the ones who lead JP to believe they were private detectives or something? He mentioned to LS he didn't realize they were journalists until after he'd spoken to them. Even then they got the story wrong about how much of Barry Morphew's mail was in the room. Although, JP isn't the easiest person to fully understand, so there's that. o_O

I believe he granted bail because in the judge's view (misguided as it may seem to you and me) Proof Evident Presumption Great (PEPG) was not met by the prosecution. Whatever factors he weighed after determining and giving a clear statement about probable cause being met led him to believe the PEPG burden was not met (the defense made some points he felt created enough doubt) to the satisfy the holding of the defendant until and if a jury finds him guilty.

If I understand the argument made to my criticisms here, which are like yours, the law relies on the judge in the question of weight toward PEPG & bail. Since it is his decision alone to make, even if a group of his peers disagreed, his judgment would stand in this matter.

Let the inevitable critique and criticisms of my post begin.....;)
I disagree. It appears to me ,from everything I have read so far that BM premeditated Suzanne's murder so certainly should be Murder1.

I am expecting to be even more convinced,once the AA is opened tomorrow.
i wouldn’t be surprised if that jerk had someone rent a limo to pick him up with some of his family/friends supporting him.

I mean I don’t think that’s gonna happen but, I feel he’s going to be so smug since he’s getting out today.
MOO Think he won't be going back in, one way or another.

The benefit of the prelim is the prosecution knows the defense will ride this minor partial DNA until the wheels fall off! We know that's all that they have to create doubt (confusion) with one juror!

The prosecution knows they will have to make "partial DNA" crystal clear to the jury. Clear enough for that single juror that wonders if it was perhaps some other dude that killed SM, will not have any doubt.

I remain confident that minus the DNA, jurors will not accept it was a mere coincidence that SM told BM she wanted to end their unhealthy relationship and vanished from the face of the earth 3 days later. Not a coincidence that a means to disable SM was located inside her clothes dryer. Not a coincidence that her bike was planted in a ravine near her home. That BM concocted a job on Sunday. And that's just a start. MOO
^^^^^^^^
THIS!!

A judge with 20 years' experience as a trial attorney and at least 10 more as a judge has given a detailed assessment of the evidence presented at the hearing and found one weak point. The prosecution presented no evidence to correct the impression that the DNA found on the bike and the car suggested that a sexual predator could have killed SM. I know some folks are disappointed with the decision but without the evidence the jury will surely hear, Judge Murphy had no choice but to conclude PE/PG had not been met. He did everything he could to signal to the defense that with this one exception, the prosecution had a strong case, and to point the prosecutors to the evidence they need to present. I really like this judge!

AA should be released by noon today. According to Lauren, it will be released to cases of interest: Colorado Judicial Branch - Chaffee - Cases of Interest - People of the State of Colorado v. Barry Lee Morphew
Great, I hope it's not redacted beyond belief and I still can't get over the Defense wanting 'their' redaction published. :p

What I found interesting in one of the follow up tweets or recaps, it was reported there was a text between MM2 and her boyfriend Sunday around noonish saying she was worried about her Mom not answering her calls or texts for Happy Mothers Day.

All caught up on Suzanne's thread, behind on others. I've got about three hours now to spin around like a top so I can be here for the long awaited AA.
Thank you @NoSI for the very helpful photos. You are a jewel.
Always happy to see you spinning here with the rest of us AnnaGrace. :)

Between Suzanne's thread, The Murdaugh Murders and Gabby Petito threads, it can be rough to keep up.

Great, I hope it's not redacted beyond belief and I still can't get over the Defense wanting 'their' redaction published. :p

What I found interesting in one of the follow up tweets or recaps, it was reported there was a text between MM2 and her boyfriend Sunday around noonish saying she was worried about her Mom not answering her calls or texts for Happy Mothers Day.
RBBM
Now THAT’s what I call HUBRIS! :p:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members