Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will sound cynical but they're letting the press back in to watch them doing actual work. lol
haha. When the powers that be heard there was possible restriction of press, someone had a laundry problem (no pun intended). The last thing they want is more fuel for criticism. There was some stern word uttered, I'm sure.

I do think North Port police dropped the ball. Now, Brian's parents are saying when they found Brian's car that there was a note on it from the police--saying it needed to be removed. How in the world does a car sitting where it shouldn't be not prompt an officer to run the tag and find out it belongs to the family of the most publicized POI in the nation?

And sure, Laundrie's attorney said he would speak for Brian, but why weren't the police on Laundrie's doorstep anyway, asking the parents questions?

And then there's the statement LE made before Brian fled that they "knew where he was." Come on...no one really believes that.

Perhaps they felt stymied by this being a federal case and the fact she was reported missing in a different community, but they should have been leaning on the Laundries. Instead, they treated them with kid gloves.

Yes, they dropped the ball.

I just don’t understand the police not verifying with their own eyes Brian was in the home, especially as the week went on. He didn’t have to talk, just show his face. I guess someone should have called in a welfare check on him, then they would have been obligated to see him. Can you call in welfare checks anonymously?

It is quite likely that many people did see him and have reported it to FBI without going to social media or MSM to get their 20 seconds of fame. The actual information released to the public by LE and FBI has been very very slim thus far.

The way the FBI agent said that public tips were really helpful to them makes me think you are right and they did receive a lot of tips from either the WY area or his trip. I don't think unless people already had a social media platform they would invite the kind of attention publicizing the fact that they had information would bring.

The fact that the LE statement said not conducting any "major searches" today may be an attempt to draw BL out of wherever he is hiding. Maybe if he thinks they aren't looking today, he'll risk getting out for supplies, etc., IF he's in the reserve, which I highly doubt at this point.
Maybe, but wouldn’t this theory only work if he had a working phone to be keeping tabs on what’s going on? We know LE or FBI have his phone data if not still in the process of getting it so I’d assume he’s not using that one and if he has a burner it’s probably a basic phone without data.

Last edited:
Some info out there on case may not be accurate. FBI will be able to track BL travel between Wyoming and FL with gas station video, van sitings, possible airline tickets, cell phone pings. But exactly how Gabby died and what BL can be criminally prosecuted for in court of law may be little or none.
He doesn’t have to explain. All needed is a possibility of something else that could have happened.
Given what I’ve read about case, I think BL and GP got into a heated altercation and she got killed. Situation was such that BL felt he’d be blamed. So he lawyeredup and whatever he told lawyer, was told to keep mum.
So he left and said nothing. Took the van home or had someone take it to FL.

Normal people automatically call authorities when some is hurt or killed. They tell friends and family if they leave someone in the wilderness. He knew her family and had to know they’d be sick with worry. Yet it was more important he say nothing. What made it so much more important?

It is possible that she told him to leave and take the van. And so he did without letting anyone know. Yes, it is possible that he just left without knowing she was dead; she could have even gone with some other people.

But it makes no sense. It doesn’t sit well with me and most people that it happened that way. Far more likely, she got fatally injured in a fight with him and he just ditched her. That is going to be legacy he will have to carry regardless of whether he gets convicted of whatever happened to Gabby

If they believe he harmed Gabby and then came back to the house after, they will look for any evidence of a crime in the house. Basically anything having to do with Brian and Gabby's relationship can be relevant in figuring out what happened and why.
Take photos in place of every piece of art BL has drawn before collecting. Pack up every phone, computer, ipod, camera data disc, etc in the house. Collect any thing belonging to GP especially anything that had been in the van. And so on. Plenty of stuff can be in that house even though the crime wasn't committed there

BL's parents searched the reserve themselves on Wednesday and Thursday, before their lawyer called the police on Friday.
On Wednesday they saw the car with the official note on it saying that the car had to be moved. They left the car there overnight for their son to use if he showed up. They picked the car up on Thursday. (Some of the reporters outside the house saying they saw the car there on Wednesday evidently had their days mixed up.)

In this article is one of the videos that explains part of this (their searches on Wednesday and Thursday).
Body matching description of Gabrielle 'Gabby' Petito found in Grand Teton, FBI confirms

I am still looking for the other video where I saw the info about the note on the car and them later picking up the car. If I find it, I will post it. It was reported by a journo who was at the scene of the police search for BL.

I don't think their lawyer will be lying. He is acting as intermediary for them, for good reason. Because what he says should be relied on. It is his reputation at stake.
We are not allowed to overnight park in the places. They will leave a note on the windshield or a ticket

I'm not understanding why the gas cap is integral and I didn't find any details as to why in the story. Can someone answer this?

Same here. I didn't fully understand that. However, if the gas cap area is rusty in any of GP's or BL's other instagram posts or videos, then it likely just reinforced the FBI that it's the exact same van once it was recently reported being seen here. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LightInv