Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could one or both parents have gone to Wyoming to help Brian? They could sort Gabby out and tidy up, whilst Brian tries to get an alibi.

I've wondered this for a while as they could share the drive home, which would make it faster.

Or is the crime scene at home relate to them lying to the police repeatedly about Brian's whereabouts and their role in him managing to apparently disappear?

No. Just saying right now, seeing that it could be very difficult and even impossible to win this case against JL in court given that he is likely the only person that can know for certain what happened to Gabby. It probably happened fast and without a lot of physical evidence left. It’s been more than two weeks.
At this point FBI is collecting whatever data they can to form into a case.
You think there is likely a strong evidential case here?

There have been an increasing number of no-body cases. If LE has phone data to put BL at the spot that the body was found, I don't think many jurors would believe he had nothing to do with her death. Healthy 22 year old women don't just drop dead, you know?

My opinion, they know parents are in contact with him, setting up communications/trackers, getting parents to contact him and get an idea of location. Parents were not arrested, just taken out of the house whilst it was searched, equipment set up, as parents are now back in the house, to negotiate/talk to him

IMO you play the hand you're dealt. If the FBI just took over the case when they found Gabby in Wyoming last night, the FBI has to start now even if they would have rather started last week. I am hoping BL relaxed when he came home and was sloppy enough to leave evidence around.
Also, people trying to get rid of evidence often are not as smart and clever as they think. They often leave behind more evidence than they realized.

What should they have done? Locked her up permanently?
She chose to allow him back into her life and her van the next morning.
That was her right.
Nobody could have stopped her.
Exactly: or police telling her - "you have to break up with this guy right now, I know you have strong feelings of attachment but he's going to murder you if you stay with him." Absurd.

Just to make it clear, I believe that BL is directly responsible for GP’s death given human nature, the narrative, his and his parents’ reactions. I just also believe that there is likely very little court enters LE evidence especially because they have not talked.
I am completely befuddled as to why he took her van, leaving her where he did without notifying her friends and family regardless of what happened.

many ideas on that? What is the best case scenario for BL taking that van?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288