Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
48150781-10008971-image-a-83_1632149352196.jpg

This picture makes me believe they were actively looking for Brian

Or definitely taking precautions, anyway. So they can't be convinced he's in the swamplands.

While watching the live news from Wfla - the FBI were very interested in the shed in the back yard. They walked around it, taking pictures, measuring it, then went inside and also took pictures. The newsmen were commenting that they were spending a lot of time out there, then they went immediately back inside the house. I wonder if this might have been where Gabby's belongings are stored? Or what might have peaked their interest.
When collecting evidence from a crime scene, you have to be interested in everything.

Police say search of preserve 'exhausted' for Gabby Petito's boyfriend: Live updates

Search of vast Florida swamp preserve 'exhausted': Police
The North Port, Florida, Police Department said on Monday that a search for Laundrie in the vast Carlton Reserve near North Port has been "exhausted."

Josh Taylor, a spokesperson for the North Port Police Department, told ABC News that the two-day search of the nearly 25,000-acre swampland preserve turned up no sign of Laundrie.

Chris and Roberta Laundrie -- who were removed earlier from their home in North Port by FBI agents -- are now back inside their property.

The couple previously were placed in an unmarked van outside of the home for at least an hour.
Gabby Petito: Police declare 'crime scene' as FBI enters Brian Laundrie's Florida home: LIVE UPDATES

The Teton County Coroner’s Office tells Fox News' Jeremy Copas that the autopsy on the body found Sunday that is believed to be Gabby Petito will be conducted tomorrow. The office is bringing in a forensic pathologist from Sheridan, Wyoming, about 360 miles east.

Once the autopsy begins it should take one to two hours, but microscopic inspection can push this for several hours.
Gabby Petito: Police declare 'crime scene' as FBI enters Brian Laundrie's Florida home: LIVE UPDATES

https://twitter.com/aobrien7/status/1439972261319020547?s=21
Court-authorized search warrant at the Laundrie family residence in North Port, Fla., has been going on for about an hour now in relation to the #GabbyPetito case.
"Active and ongoing investigation," FBI says, as search for Brian Laundrie continues.

I think this warrant has one primary reason (with other evidence searching small reasons of course). To get the parents communication records to find out if they've been communicating with BL and hopefully along with that - discover where he is.

I cut NPPD a lot of slack for losing BL. Thinking of the logistics of covering the house. You would need 2 to 4 officers and their cars 24 hours a day so at least 6 officers per day (3 shifts). Most places in Florida do not have privacy fences, but do have a lot of shrubs and bushes. If BL could have got over the back fence he probably could have stayed hidden until he crossed a street. So you need coverage on all the streets on the block.

You would also need a spare car to follow any car coming out of the garage and stay with it until it returned home in case BL was in the trunk or crouched in the back. No probable cause to stop and search the vehicle. BL didn’t have a warrant for his arrest, so even if he was in a car nothing could be done anyway.

Seems a lot of trouble and expense for a missing person case even though almost everyone was sure it was a crime and BL was the perpetrator of the crime.

Also, I didn't find out until late last night that his parents said that they found a note from him in, and some reports say on, the Mustang when they picked it up. I'm sure this has been shared so I'll go back and search posts for any discussion.

The note was from Police

Police left the notice on Laundrie’s Mustang, which his family found Wednesday parked near the Carlton Reserve in Sarasota County, according to attorney Steven Bertolino

The note had asked for the car to be removed — but the family left the vehicle there until Thursday, hoping he’d return to it, Bertolino said.

Note found on Brian Laundrie’s car after disappearance (nypost.com)

48150781-10008971-image-a-83_1632149352196.jpg

This picture makes me believe they were actively looking for Brian
Not necessarily. They don't know what they're walking into. FBI takes zero chances when it comes to raids like this. They always bring a ton of backup - always be prepared.

You don't execute something like this looking for a person without an arrest warrant. A search warrant means you are entering the home looking for any evidence how that you have proof the missing person is deceased.

This could also have been the FBI doing a show of force to make it clear to the Laundrie family the heat is officially 'on' and will stay on until we find your son. When working an active investigation with a prime suspect, stuff like this is meant to rattle cages and show the family that:

A) - This is a very serious situation
B) - We mean business and aren't going away so don't try anything

IMO they barely glanced at the van when you look at the camera view of the driver. As to the door shutting, you have to watch the slowed down, zoomed in version that is posted on this thred where it does become clearly evident that a door is shutting. If you were driving down the road, highly unlikely you would have noticed it. All IMO.
I haven't watched their video, but I've caught bits and pieces reported. It seems like they said they noticed it had Florida plates and that stood out to them because they were also from Florida and that's why they were going to stop. If they were looking hard enough to notice the plates, they'd have to notice the door, right?

Needed $?

That's my thought as well, especially if the TikToker's story about Brian offering to pay $200 cash for a 10-minute ride is true because that to me suggests he took out as much money as his bank allowed (which, considering he was unemployed and living out of a van, was probably a low daily limit). IMO he went back to his parents' house to get money because 1) using ATMs while on the run is a sure-fire way to get caught and 2) he probably has a low withdrawal limit and ~$200/day would not be enough to sustain being on the run from the feds.

BL lives in NY, not FL, right? Isn’t that where he and Gabby live … together?… (NY) and began their trip? Why didn’t he drive back to NY, or someplace else (to go on the run)? Someone mentioned maybe he needed money. Would his parents really lend him money—that would not be a bad sign. Does he visit their house often, or was this a surprise visit?

In regards to the van door closing, didn't the couple that took the video say they were going to stop and say hello, but the van didn't appear to have any activity, so they didn't? If that's the case, I think that rules out the door opening/closing, etc. because they would have seen that and knew that someone was there.

You can see it in the original video too. But a go pro cam did not give the calirty. The person on YouTube was able to clean It up better. I can certainly spot it now on the original.

He also might have known they were coming and he was gathering documents to give to LE. I imagine they will finally learn who owns the Mustang o_O

The mystery of who owns the Mustang! :rolleyes:

Honestly, I don't believe it was. I saw it on his story yesterday.

One of my biggest pet peeve‘s is when non-factual information continues to be purported in a thread. Therefore I just have to correct you. It is his Instagram account. If you would look here in his stories under green you will see the post. His account is tagged by gabby‘s. It is his real IG account. Please look. Login • Instagram

I screenshot a photo of the picture people are discussing. It clearly showed the photo was posted 24 weeks ago. It was posted under BL's stories as you said under the "green" story.

I have a theory about this that I think may get deleted or the people with pitchforks will come to get me, but I'm going put it out there anyway. Since everyone here thinks Brain is a possible serial killer and murderer, let me counter that with this:

Gabby herself stated she was going through some things (I am not bringing up mental health issues, these were her words), and she also seemed distraught and inconsolable in that traffic stop where it was determined that she was the aggressor in the situation.

Put yourself in Brain's shoes please for this next part: Gabby has an accident, or she harms herself (a general hypothetical) or something other than Brian causes her death. They are alone, there are no witnesses. There is now a history of an altercation at the traffic stop and he is scared. Scared something happened and scared no one will believe him when he tells the truth (remember from Brian's POV). So he leaves her out there, not a great move, drives home, tries to figure out what to do next. He tells his parents what actually happened in his mind, she fell off a high rock and passed away, whatever he would have said. They call a lawyer due to this strange situation and are told to not talk.

Brian feels guilty and is distraught about her being gone and what he did by leaving her. He feels trapped with media camping out his house. He's scared, so he leaves. That's all I have. Anyone think this is possible? Not trying to give him a pass, just a different point of view, since no one, not me, not you, knows what happened.

Very nice!! Thank you.
Yep, door is closing, sandals present, pillow or something in the driver seat.
Shame that whatever is on the lens is exactly on where the door is, but it most certainly did close.
Just going to throw this out there. Could the pillow point to Gabby driving the van. I say that because, I am vertically challenged, I need pillows EVEN with the car seat all the way forward. It was the first thing I thought of. And it might explain why she was uncomfortable driving the van. JMO

I hi
'

Nancy Grace has 2 great Websleuths friends on with her with Joseph and Sheryl

they have been on Websleuths live a bunch of times
I hit the Like button before I realized it was you Ping! I’m Twinmom2011 on Tricia’s Live’s. For some reason I thought you were a Mod here too?

Nice to see you. We missed you Sunday. In the middle of Tricia’s Live, news broke about poor Gabby and me and about 1000 other viewers found out at the same time. Sad Day. Glad though they found her. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288