Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbelievable to me that the Laundries could have been so involved with Gabby. That she LIVED with them those years, and they would not insist on someone notifying her family that she was left behind in trip. …Unless BL told them something damned incriminating and deadly to him.

I agree and keep thinking of this. As a parent of a son that is just 5 years younger than BL, I can't imagine any scenario where I wouldn't share anything I knew that could help the safety and well-being of one of his friends or their families. The only thing I can remotely think of is if there was a threat to other family members, it makes me wonder if he threatened harm to their daughter and grandkids if they shared anything. Seems unlikely, but I just can't wrap my brain around their coldness any other way. MOO

IMO - FBI don't stage a raid and declare a "crime scene" at the boyfriends house for someone that harmed themselves or an accidental death.

GP's body told a story and that story indicates she was murdered.
We can pretty much quit with the hypothetical "what ifs" at this point.
<modsnip> BL was the last known person to be with her. She didn’t get lost and attacked by bears or a BM “mountain lion”. Her body is saying crime! I could see it on the FBI’s spokesman’s face yesterday at the presser! Moo

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't watched their video, but I've caught bits and pieces reported. It seems like they said they noticed it had Florida plates and that stood out to them because they were also from Florida and that's why they were going to stop. If they were looking hard enough to notice the plates, they'd have to notice the door, right?

Thats one thing I was surprised about. The go pro family didn't have any discussion about the Florida plates when they drove past the van so it doesn't seem like they did think about stopping to say hi. Not that that makes any difference. JMO

There's been speculation the car was registered to his Dad. MOO
I thought it was reported that it was registered to the dad as well. (when we first learned that Brian was missing.) I don't remember the source but maybe someone can post it again if they find it. IMO

she also had jewelry on in the MOAB stop so that can also be identifier right?

Although jewelry she wore at one point could be helpful, I would think a better identifier would be her tattoos. They don't move and you can't change them. They are what they are and where they are positioned. Period. That's why (to me) they are saying 'a body consistent with description of Gabby Petito' has been found.

ETA a few pics of some of her tatts.

Attachments

• Gabby Tatts2.jpg
    Gabby Tatts2.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 91
  • Gabby_tatts.jpg
    Gabby_tatts.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 87
That would leave an electronic paper trail. If the parents want to claim he went hiking and they didn't give him cash. If they wired him money it would create a trail.
Moot point if read the thread. Paper trail wouldn't matter if in Mexico and prior to suspicion/alerted she was missing

I have watched several videos and looked at Brian, his speech, mannerisms. I think I understand what type of a person he was. Just the personality type. I understand why parents found a lawyer - he is not a good speaker, either way, even when totally innocent.

I don’t think he intended to kill her at all, but I think he did. Unintentionally. The best witnesses of how the trip were was the policemen, and they registered that the couple was fighting. Sometimes during such fights, tragedies happen. This is why we have “involuntary manslaughter” charge.

Had anything else happened, he’d immediately called the police to help her.

Imagine this. A family member falls off the stairs. If it is a total accident, everyone calls 911, paramedics. If the family was fighting and the victim was pushed during the fight, even accidentally, the perpetrator thinks, “she has bruises. They won’t believe it was an accident. The police already saw us fighting. They won’t believe me”. And then his actions would not be unlike Brian’s ones - to provide an alibi (I was not there), to run away.

I think after whatever happened, he was hysterical and confused, and probably for a while, just ambling around, but finally, he did the only predicted thing, he ran (drove) to parents.

What happened after that was fear. His actions are fear-driven. Where he is, we don’t know, but I feel he is a mortally scared man.

(My only other version was that maybe he planned to kill her, and then himself, and chickened out, but somehow, I don’t feel it was the case. For this, people are usually more sad to start with).

TBH I don't pretend to know what kind of person he is because having my own experiences with cops when I was a kid in a small town with a bunch of officers who were legit corrupt and awful, when you get pulled over it can be really scary. But regardless, when I was 23 and an idiot, which I was, which a lot of us probably were, I would 100% run to my parents because I, as a 23 year old kid am not prepared for a situation like this. I think the people who are crucifying the parents when they don't even know what was said to them are misguided, and really, he lived there, where else was he going to go?

Just on this point, he is NOT a big guy.

He's 5ft 8" and maybe 3 inches taller than Gabby and doesn't look like he weighed much more. He doesn't look physically strong (I appreciate looks can be deceiving), but for him to have carried or dragged a body would've taken a lot out of him IMO.

The position where the van was parked when it was spotted by the YouTubers isn't far from where her body was found, and there's a little bridge that leads over the scrubland about 10m behind the van and to the left.

I think he parked there so he could make a quick getaway in the van incase he was spotted, but it also meant he could quickly carry or drag a BODY out of the back of the van, over the little bridge and then he was hidden from the roadside (and any vehicle headlights) by trees as soon as he'd crossed over that bridge.

MOO

So are you saying you think he could have dragged or hauled her away, or no? I think. 23 yo very physically active guy could haul/drag a 110 lb girl that far, very reasonably. Plus, if you're amped up on adrenaline...

The clarity of this guy's video is phenomenal. That said, because it is so clear I am now certain that he is incorrect on at least one thing, possibly 2. The flip flops are Brian's, not Gabby's. You can confirm this by going back to the body cam footage. Gabby's are white with Xs and Os; Brian's are tan/beige/Khaki. Second disagreement I have (moo), Gabby was not there at this time. Two reasons: Not a campsite - a burial site; and I believe she was already gone by 5-6ish on that date.
I wholeheartedly agree. She was deceased already.

possibly for the Laundries as well, if they are in custody even just for the purpose of the search, they probably have to feed them
I don't believe the parents are in custody? Where is that coming from? I thought LE was there to search...perhaps thinking BL was hiding in the home? The parents are in the home with LE so I highly doubt they are in custody?

I have watched several videos and looked at Brian, his speech, mannerisms. I think I understand what type of a person he was. Just the personality type. I understand why parents found a lawyer - he is not a good speaker, either way, even when totally innocent.

I don’t think he intended to kill her at all, but I think he did. Unintentionally. The best witnesses of how the trip were was the policemen, and they registered that the couple was fighting. Sometimes during such fights, tragedies happen. This is why we have “involuntary manslaughter” charge.

Had anything else happened, he’d immediately called the police to help her.

Imagine this. A family member falls off the stairs. If it is a total accident, everyone calls 911, paramedics. If the family was fighting and the victim was pushed during the fight, even accidentally, the perpetrator thinks, “she has bruises. They won’t believe it was an accident. The police already saw us fighting. They won’t believe me”. And then his actions would not be unlike Brian’s ones - to provide an alibi (I was not there), to run away.

I think after whatever happened, he was hysterical and confused, and probably for a while, just ambling around, but finally, he did the only predicted thing, he ran (drove) to parents.

What happened after that was fear. His actions are fear-driven. Where he is, we don’t know, but I feel he is a mortally scared man.

(My only other version was that maybe he planned to kill her, and then himself, and chickened out, but somehow, I don’t feel it was the case. For this, people are usually more sad to start with).

Sending Gabby's mother a message in her name on the 30th doesn't sound like panic, imo. Plus, he had many days after returning to Florida to un-panic & do the right thing. He chose not to. That's not panic.

Not in TX and someone here said that they have passed in AZ the same way. You do need it to return to the US but not to enter Mexico
The land border has been closed to non-essential travel since March 2020. The Department of Homeland Security extended the land border closure with Canada and Mexico on Friday until September even as both countries have opened to the United States. ... Similarly, Mexico welcomes U.S. tourists who fly there.
U.S. Extends Land Border Closure With Canada, Mexico Until Sept. 21.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member