Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched an interview with a mom whose child was murdered after being kidnapped. She looked directly into the camera and said “scare your kids, tell them the truth about the dangers out there”. I’ll never forget it.

That is heartbreaking. I 100% tell my daughter about stuff like this. I don’t want her terrified, but being oblivious isn’t going to help her.

TBH I don't pretend to know what kind of person he is because having my own experiences with cops when I was a kid in a small town with a bunch of officers who were legit corrupt and awful, when you get pulled over it can be really scary. But regardless, when I was 23 and an idiot, which I was, which a lot of us probably were, I would 100% run to my parents because I, as a 23 year old kid am not prepared for a situation like this. I think the people who are crucifying the parents when they don't even know what was said to them are misguided, and really, he lived there, where else was he going to go?
Yes, and for a guy who is not a loner to disappear into Mexico is a daunting prospect. Not sure if people realize how foreign it is, you need to speak the language, know how to get around, you stand out like a sore thumb wherever you go.

Unbelievable to me that the Laundries could have been so involved with Gabby. That she LIVED with them those years, and they would not insist on someone notifying her family that she was left behind in trip. …Unless BL told them something damned incriminating and deadly to him.

Their behavior is every bit as despicable as that of Ma Frazee (Kelsey Berreth case RIP).

they could have just been walking together to stretch their legs, or look for a good place to pitch the tent, its all such a mystery ugh.

Or got into another blowout about where to camp he pulled over the argument took an ugly turn. Perhaps he stomped off he pursued her. The spot to pull over seems an odd choice to me where they were better areas more secluded and more camping friendly. It feels like someone quickly pulled over to use the restroom or were fighting again or to stop and look at that bridge.

I think we need to wait for the autopsy unfortunately to determine if this is even a homicide. I do believe a person of interest is someone LE thinks may have information pertinent to a case...not necessarily someone who is suspected of a crime. I think we'll know tomorrow if it was a homicide or not. Clearly LE wants to talk to Brian, but we don't know if they know it's a homicide...we don't know...they might know.

Sending Gabby's mother a message in her name on the 30th doesn't sound like panic, imo. Plus, he had many days after returning to Florida to un-panic & do the right thing. He chose not to. That's not panic.
I think by the time he got into Miranda's car at Coulter Bay, the panic phase had passed and the fleeing phase had begun.

I'm sure the decades long War Against Drugs has closed off all options for secretly transferring money.

as long as its under $10,000 its pretty easy to transfer cash to people, it avoids a lot of the money trafficking laws which are aimed from 10k and above, depends how much cash we are talking about, the easiest way to is involve a 3rd party to withdrawal the cash and make it look like a normal transaction for something and have the intended person pick up the cash in person

but western union is not one of them, the stuff you have to provide for them is insane, i did it once to get cash for sale in the early 2000's before paypal was more of a thing and never again...

now its mostly used for immigrants to send money home urgently or for scammers to steal money from people

back in the early 1900's western union was a valuable tool for people and it was widely used but not as much now

Or was “storage unit” a sneaky, distancing way of saying “shed”?
now that is a good thought - and if they did put her belongings outside in the shed, well that's just shameful. outdoors in FL summer / fall with the heavy rains and humidity - it would be covered with bugs and mold in no time and rendered unusable - IMO

TBH I don't pretend to know what kind of person he is because having my own experiences with cops when I was a kid in a small town with a bunch of officers who were legit corrupt and awful, when you get pulled over it can be really scary. But regardless, when I was 23 and an idiot, which I was, which a lot of us probably were, I would 100% run to my parents because I, as a 23 year old kid am not prepared for a situation like this. I think the people who are crucifying the parents when they don't even know what was said to them are misguided, and really, he lived there, where else was he going to go?
But his parents are not 23, they're 55 and 62. When the parents of my child's significant other are calling and wondering where our children are, at 55 or 62 I'm going to respond by at least informing them that my child is home. And let's be clear, the parents are not being crucified, I've seen no cross being erected on their property. They are two full grown mentally competent adults, they are fully aware their son left with his fiance and returned without her, in her van. They received multiple calls and messages from her parents expressing concern and they refused to even return a call.

I've been watching the Body Cam footage because I hadn't seen it yet & have a lot to catch up on as far as this case goes (I've been MIA around lately bc of real life issues). His body language throws up red flags tied together with Gabby's emotional state.

It's possible that something happened in that van, she escaped him and ran away...and he ran after her.

The clarity of this guy's video is phenomenal. That said, because it is so clear I am now certain that he is incorrect on at least one thing, possibly 2. The flip flops are Brian's, not Gabby's. You can confirm this by going back to the body cam footage. Gabby's are white with Xs and Os; Brian's are tan/beige/Khaki. Second disagreement I have (moo), Gabby was not there at this time. Two reasons: Not a campsite - a burial site; and I believe she was already gone by 5-6ish on that date.

And that's precisely why LE needs to serrve a search warrant on the last known address of GP - which was the Laundrie's house in FL, I believe.

They need to look for those flip flops and all her clothing and jewelry and, heck - even the stupid plants. Whatever that BL might have brought back or since aquired. Yes, it definitively becomes a crime scene now, as it is the most likely place to look for the decedents possessions. Two weeks late, but totally legally defensible.

With him and his parents lawyered up, LE didn't likely have enough probable cause earlier and I'll bet they tried time and time again for all kind of variations of search warrants. Now that they have proof of her death, there is likely some sign of injury that allows the judge to agree to probable cause.

Last edited:
The land border has been closed to non-essential travel since March 2020. The Department of Homeland Security extended the land border closure with Canada and Mexico on Friday until September even as both countries have opened to the United States. ... Similarly, Mexico welcomes U.S. tourists who fly there.
U.S. Extends Land Border Closure With Canada, Mexico Until Sept. 21.

I live in a border town. It’s been very simple to travel across the border throughout the pandemic, regardless of essential travel status. Most people I know still travel back and forth freely without being questioned. Going in would be especially simple; they really only question coming back in.

My amateur speculation is that he is sipping a marguerita in Cancun.

Amateur opinion and speculation
A few other people have mentioned this as well.. Pre 9/11 I could totally see this being a possibility but these days knowing how much security is involved in getting on a plane, Im pretty sure if he fled the country they would know by now?
MOO
ETA ahhh yes if he crossed the border by other means ....ugh I really hope not.

Their behavior is every bit as despicable as that of Ma Frazee (Kelsey Berreth case RIP).
Yes and she was never arrested despite being vilified by true crime watchers. We might not like how BL's parents are conducting themselves or we might say to ourselves "I'd never ever do this", but they have committed no crime by choosing to remain silent up to this point.

Thank you for posting the cleaned up version of the van on the side of the road. I think it could convince some of the non-believers that the back van door did indeed slowly close. It wasn't a tree giving that illusion, it was closed by someone inside the van.
Can anyone confirm the date and time this video was taken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam