Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
She told the police she was afraid, he was telling her he was going to leave her in the desert. So close to being saved...

The police weren't going to save her. There was nothing to save her from. Maybe she would've spent a night in jail? The incident in Moab happened a good 2 weeks before Gabby died. <modsnip>

But his parents are not 23, they're 55 and 62. When the parents of my child's significant other are calling and wondering where our children are, at 55 or 62 I'm going to respond by at least informing them that my child is home. And let's be clear, the parents are not being crucified, I've seen no cross being erected on their property. They are two full grown mentally competent adults, they are fully aware their son left with his fiance and returned without her, in her van. They received multiple calls and messages from her parents expressing concern and they refused to even return a call.

But you do not know what story they were told, also their experience of Gabby and her parents relationship. For all we know maybe he told them Gabby didnt want her parents to know where she was as the relationship was strained.
Looks like FBI agents took in styrofoam coolers into BLs house and usually thats used for collection and preservation of biological samples like blood, urine, hair, skin cells etc.

Or the officers need water

im not sure why he went home at all, i mean if you wanted to run why drive 2500 miles home or whatever it was

grab your passport or ID and just jump the border before anyone even knows that anything is amiss

that point as always stumped me throughout this entire thing
If you look at the idea Brian is and always has been an enabled son it might make more sense.
He needed his parents council to proceed and heaven help them all!

I live in a border town. It’s been very simple to travel across the border throughout the pandemic, regardless of essential travel status. Most people I know still travel back and forth freely without being questioned. Going in would be especially simple; they really only question coming back in.
I live 10 minutes from the
busiest border crossing in Ontario. It definitely wouldn't be as easy as you seem to suggest
at our crossing. MOO.

Replying to you because I can’t find the original post about being able to anonymously send money through western union. I’ve worked in a store that does western union (and I sent many transactions through that job) and you cannot send it anonymously. You have to have a name of who it’s going to. If they don’t have ID you can do a security question but there has to be a name. And a phone number. You can’t just send it to anyone without any way for them to identify who they are.

I have to wonder, since there is the security codeword option, can it be sent to a fake name, someone who's been told the security codeword? I think so, because I used to send to family in Uruguay and they'd send random cousins to go get the WU money, and no one had ID. I think on my end I had to choose the codeword option.

Attachments

• 1E4118B8-EF2F-43E1-888C-551BFEDE724E.jpeg
    1E4118B8-EF2F-43E1-888C-551BFEDE724E.jpeg
    147 KB · Views: 89
  • BCFCA422-AC92-46F3-8806-DBA7D87956B4.jpeg
    BCFCA422-AC92-46F3-8806-DBA7D87956B4.jpeg
    183.4 KB · Views: 78
  • 8398A18B-7157-4C68-8C7A-27B2B5B16A19.jpeg
    8398A18B-7157-4C68-8C7A-27B2B5B16A19.jpeg
    140.3 KB · Views: 73
This seems to me to be an extremely long search, especially of a home where the occupants have had nearly a month to clear it out. But this could be precisely why. This and/or they are conducting a simultaneous interview.

The longer it takes, the more pressure there is.

Alternatively, the greater the possibility the parents will begin to cooperate as they realize the very serious and methodical methods involved, and the gravity and inevitability of the situation they are in.

Regarding BL instagram account. Earlier this week when I first searched for BL on Instagram there was a legit one and a fake one which used the same profile picture as the legit one but only had a few followers and no posts, the fake one has been uploading real pictures taken from the legit accounts posts and highlights and reposting them to the fake accounts stories.

Throughout the week the fake accounts followers have increased day by day, presumably because people were mixing up the fake and legit one as the usernames were very similar (an extra _ as someone said upthread)
The fake one has now been deleted or have changed their name but this has only happened over the last few hours so its possible someone thought it was a real account yesterday posting live stories.

as long as its under $10,000 its pretty easy to transfer cash to people, it avoids a lot of the money trafficking laws which are aimed from 10k and above, depends how much cash we are talking about, the easiest way to is involve a 3rd party to withdrawal the cash and make it look like a normal transaction for something and have the intended person pick up the cash in person

but western union is not one of them, the stuff you have to provide for them is insane, i did it once to get cash for sale in the early 2000's before paypal was more of a thing and never again...

now its mostly used for immigrants to send money home urgently or for scammers to steal money from people

back in the early 1900's western union was a valuable tool for people and it was widely used but not as much now

I hear you. I lost my wallet while I was road tripping out west a few years back and needed my DH to send me money. The WU process was so intrusive he wouldn't have gone through with it if it hadn't been a genuine emergency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23