Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian is under the mistaken impression that he's going to be executed or get a life sentence. Depending on the autopsy, he's looking at a possible plea deal and a charge from second degree murder to manslaughter or third degree manslaughter and probation. He's had abysmal legal advice (as have his parents) by a lawyer who obviously hasn't had much criminal law experience. That advice is causing havoc and is making him and his parents look like a squad of heartless ghouls.
The best thing they can do is get a better lawyer. He should then offer the parent's apology for being silent, because of incompetent counsel and produce BL post haste. The longer they carry on the silent treatment and charade the less likely LE is going to forgive and forget being led on a goose chase when it comes to trial.
I’m personally leaning towards involuntarily manslaughter + probation but, yeah, what you said.

Last edited:
Trying to remember the timeline from the first to the 11th but-I’m wondering if it’s possible AT ALL that the parents didn’t know anything for a while when he returned. If they really wanted to cover up for him from the start wouldn’t they have said to take the van and go elsewhere? Why leave it in their driveway -especially with her dad in Florida? He could have told them she met a friend and he gave her money to fly home….like he did earlier. Or he could have said they had broken up or something. The fact that they totally avoided all contact with Gabbys parents make me think that possibly they didn’t know what to say. Maybe he went hiking before they pieced it all together and that’s when they got the lawyer involved? Not sure we know when their lawyer was obtained but we know they had one when Gabbys mom reported her missing-may be that was after the dad asked the police to see what was going on? I do think they are acting strangely but I’m not sure it’s completely on purpose. Just a thought. Lots of missing pieces.

if you watch the video posted the poster does it in slow motion/different angles. very interesting to me. the front seat looks to be a pillow on the seat. it is worth watching if you have not seen the whole thing. link is in various posts earlier.
I saw that earlier post showing a close up of the van doors. The van door was definitely open then closed. Someone was in the back of that van.

I tend t think BL gave his parents limited and embellished information and whether he was there or went 'hiking' I think he lied to them too.

I'm not giving his folks a pass on withholding information but maybe they didn't think their son would actually harm GP.

He is in the wind. . I'm not sure they even know where he is. Although if he is suicidal they should be more reactive.

Regarding his sister, i'm also not sure why she would be so willing to speak on his behalf if she knew anything. To get 3 people to agree on hiding someone who killed their girlfriend, without one of them saying 'pump the brakes-i'm not in on this'. seems somewhat unlikely. MOO.

It seems like BL is trying to send everyone in the wrong direction so he can get away and stay in hiding. Just a theory. The parents have to know something too, everything about this case is being delayed and it all started from that text to her mum saying she had no service. BL must of sent that text.

Welcome to Websleuths,
CrimeC243 !!

This is my last post on this because honestly I'm not even sure what the argument is about. I'm not looking at a fake account. It's HIS account. Linked from GP's. There are no extra underscores. The post about missing the succulents is under his stories. If people can't find it I'm not sure what to say

I can see it. He's saying goodbye to his plants.

Attachments

• 482F8743-A6B1-4507-BA84-227F67C9C259.jpeg
    482F8743-A6B1-4507-BA84-227F67C9C259.jpeg
    162.6 KB · Views: 145
I theorized last night that he may have "accidentally" killed her as he was trying to carjack her vehicle again. She gets hooked on the mirror or door handle, or he closes some of her clothing as he slams the door shut. Drags her into rocks. Some version that would not include getting blood on the van.

It could have happened like that, but my money is still on strangulation-hope it can be proved in the autopsy

So I gather if I've read articles correctly that the coroner will be performing an autopsy tomorrow. I would be interested to hear from any experts here what the likelihood is that the coroner will be able to identify the COD. I'm sorry that this is a horrible question - my deepest sympathies are with Gabby herself and her family.

We are guessing that she died on or around the 27th August I think. Given the temperatures since then, the time left open to the elements (and any interference from wild animals), is there anyone out there with expertise who might hazard a guess as how likely we are to getting a cause of death? I presume more invasive injuries - stab wounds or gun shot, major trauma from being hit by a vehicle or blunt force trauma - ie injuries that result in broken bones or damage to major organs - are easier to detect than suffocation/strangulation? I recall a similar debate with the Alexis Sharkey case? (And don't want this case to end up in a similar place).

Also, I am presuming that given where GP's body was found she is unlikely to have been hit by a vehicle since the terrain does not seem drivable - at least in their white van?

My apologies again for asking. I do not need graphic details just wondering how illuminating the coroner's might be. Sadly I'm feeling quite pessimistic about the perp being brought to justice but I'd like to know if further evidence will be collected as far as we can guess.
Even after weeks the coroner may be able to see bruising under the skin. If she was struck by a hard object like a flashlight or rock there could be a contusion on the skull. If her arm or leg was broken that would be clear. If strangled, there's a bone in the throat that is usually damaged.

And remember, when somone buries another person, they often leave clues behind unintentionally. They will probably gather leaves, grass and stuff from the burial area and go through it with a fine tooth comb. That will take more time than the autopsy.

Finally they will search that field to find out if the couple had camped there in a tent. There could be tent stake holes, trash, personal belongings, etc.

I don't think he has left the countranada is a first world country that would happily arrest him if asked. Mexico is a great place to go if you are a Mexican citizen, but Mexico wouldn't hesitate to extradite an American citizen. This is also a guy who ran out of money travelling in the US in a van, and I don't see how he would get along in Mexico.

He is also a recent transplant to Florida so I doubt he has any real swamp survival skills. He is a van-lifer, not a survivalist.

Most likely he is hiking somewhere, and will do so until winter comes or his money runs out.

At this point, I suspect LE is watching his parent's bank accounts for any money transfers.

And his sister's, and any friend or co-worker, too.

They just need to put a $$$ bounty on his head, taken alive

Until this case, I always read every single post in every single thread of any case that I followed. Wanted to learn, wanted to discuss, wanted to give “likes” to posts that I agreed with, etc.

Now, literally every time I sign on, the thread is just about full and there’s a new thread. So I feel apologetic about great posts I have missed, but many of us just can’t keep up, if we want to sleep and eat etc. At least I’m retired.

Having said that, I saw a post yesterday in thread #something, but the thread closed before I could reply. I imagine this has been brought up a zillion times by now and I missed it.
Someone, more than one poster, remarked on the difference between social media staged life and real life. I’m not on SM so I’m pretty ignorant of it all.

My question is, if BL was or pretended to be the environmentally conscientious type, (no plastic bottles etc.), why did he have a Mustang? I don’t know cars but I’m pretty sure it’s not an electric type of car, right?

I don’t know if anyone will even see this to answer, we must all be racing through the threads by now.

My hat is off to the mods. This forum must be a LOT of work.

"I'm a protective father, if my daughter cries, I'm gonna fix the problem," Joseph Petito said. "That's not something she's going to bring up to me because I'm going to get involved real quick."

He said it was hard to watch the police body camera footage of Gabby talking with police in Utah after an "altercation" with Laundrie because he "can't bring himself to see my daughter cry."

Petito said Gabby never mentioned that incident to him.

In the same video, Gabby said she "has OCD," but her father said she was never diagnosed.

"She was clean, she likes things in their place," he said. "[The van] is a confined space. Making sure things are put away...doesn't seem OCD to me."

He added that she "doesn't have mental instability," and the incident with police "sounds like [Gabby and Laundrie] were just having an argument."
Gabby Petito Case Live Updates: Father says Gabby never mentioned fight where police intervened

Whats everyones thoughts about the door of the van closing as seen on the youtube sighting?
It also looks like someone is slouched in the front of the van...
My theory from this is that i think it could be Gabby in the front of the van already passed, and BL is in the back preparing himself to move her body or hiding in the back as he could hear or see another vehicle incoming. His thought may of been that if anyone does see Gabby in the front of the van it will just look like she is sleeping?

JMOO, but I kind of doubt he'd put her in the front where someone could see and think the van is occupied and draw attention. But, who knows?

I think she might have been dead in the back, still alive in the back, or he already dragged her the spot where she was found.

I live in Florida. That game preserve is a living hell. BL isn't a dyed in the wool survivalist. He's a guy who likes to ride around in a van, eat veggies for the camera, then stop off for a Big Mac and fries. He's far from eating snakes and gator eggs.
Which is why he's either dead or enjoying a Happy Meal in some "safe house" somewhere.

I think this is the impression that a lot of people have but IMO I think it's inaccurate. I think pre-Gabby that Brian spent a lot of time in the woods and has a pretty good idea of how to survive. No friends, no job, no school. What else was he doing? His ONLY interest seems to be the outdoors.

We know he's handy and knows his way around power tools -the interior build of the van was done by him. Those skills can translate into decent survival skills and especially if he's spent years in the parks of FL .

IMO a lot of people are being fooled by his soft "wided eyed" innocent doe act that he put on in the bodycam video. I don't think that is the real BL at all. Not one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member