Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to repost this. I feel it really points to the turn of events.

“She seemed OK to me at the time, other than I don’t know where the relationship was going with the boyfriend,” said Schmidt of the couple possibly going through a rough patch.

“She was making her way up to Yellowstone,” Schmidt said explaining that after Aug. 24 her communication with Petito grew sporadic and happened only via text.

Authorities searching for missing 22-year-old woman last seen in SLC

"I'm a protective father, if my daughter cries, I'm gonna fix the problem," Joseph Petito said. "That's not something she's going to bring up to me because I'm going to get involved real quick."
He said it was hard to watch the police body camera footage of Gabby talking with police in Utah after an "altercation" with Laundrie because he "can't bring himself to see my daughter cry."
Petito said Gabby never mentioned that incident to him.
In the same video, Gabby said she "has OCD," but her father said she was never diagnosed.
"She was clean, she likes things in their place," he said. "[The van] is a confined space. Making sure things are put away...doesn't seem OCD to me."
He added that she "doesn't have mental instability," and the incident with police "sounds like [Gabby and Laundrie] were just having an argument."
Gabby Petito Case Live Updates: Father says Gabby never mentioned fight where police intervened

BBM - Well there we go.

Once, if, the presence of that van is verified for the 27th, 28th, and 29th, I think it's clear as a bell that she wasn't there alive, at all, if the tent wasn't pitched by the van. Hard to prove, but might be usable if all her SM shows a tent up by the van. Also, IMO it appears to me that she died on the 27th, just a hunch, and that it may have taken hours at midnight to move her further and further from the van. Do we have any verifiable MSM account of her being in a shallow grave? Anyway, I think we can rule out a respectful "deep" grave if it turns out that she was spotted from the air. IMO
Your response sparked an interesting thought: what items were in the white van when the FBI searched it on 9/10-9/11?

1) IMO..Most likely not much left after he returned.
2) Did anyone in neighborhood see him emptying the van between 9/1 and 9/10? Did anyone see him period? Did his parents empty it?
3) On 9/20, what items will the FBI find that were in the van on the trip in Wyoming?
4) Did BL empty the white van in his driveway and store these items in the shed out back?
5) Did BL dispose of most items like the tent, mattress, pillows etc.. before he returned to FLorida?

Has anyone thought he did what she thought he would do and just abandoned her? Drove off and didnt look back. And then something happened like she died of the elements etc. Would this still be manslaughter?

I only ask as it was such a weird thing for her to accuse him of doing in the recorded police video. Who thinks their loved one would abandon them in the middle of nowhere, unless it was threatened prior.

Don't think this is what happened, but might explain his behaviour of returning home and not fleeing straightaway to Mexico. As thought she was still alive and then realised what he did. Also I wonder where her phone is. Was it in the van?

Considering how close her body was found to an established dispersed (and clearly busy) campground, this theory isn't feasible IMO.

We don’t know with any kind of certainty that it’s his Mustang. Could just be the “family” car.
many threads ago, someone posted that they had found somewhere online that there was a silver mustang registered to BL...i don't remember the poster's username, but it was during the time when the actual ownership of the van was uncertain...and this was before a silver mustang had been mentioned as having any significance to the case.

i think that is pretty standard gear when showing up to serve a warrant. They don’t want to be ambushed when they enter that home.

LE knows who lives there. The parents were in the van. Who else would they worry about ambushing them? Imo, Brian. Imo, LE no longer believes the parents hiking story hence the cancellation of the swamp search. LE doesn't know where Brian is and needed to rule out his parents house. All moo.
Has anyone thought he did what she thought he would do and just abandoned her? Drove off and didnt look back. And then something happened like she died of the elements etc. Would this still be manslaughter?

I only ask as it was such a weird thing for her to accuse him of doing in the recorded police video. Who thinks their loved one would abandon them in the middle of nowhere, unless it was threatened prior.

Don't think this is what happened, but might explain his behaviour of returning home and not fleeing straightaway to Mexico. As thought she was still alive and then realised what he did. Also I wonder where her phone is. Was it in the van?

She was found to close to their camp site as well as other campers to have died of exposure. I think we can put that theory to rest.

I’ve watched the cleaned up video posted at the beginning of this thread. Page 2 I think if you haven’t seen it. I haven’t seen any comments here, or by the video editor, mentioning the other camper on the right side of the road. It is at the 5:42 mark.

If that camper/occupants were there for any length of time, it could/would be possible they heard/saw something. Perhaps LE is already on that. If Gabby was murdered near where her van was parked, maybe their voices were heard. In a vast open place, sound can carry far.

There is also a red trailer or motorhome and separate pickup truck on a loop on the same side of the road, just before you get to the van (west of the van). They would have had a pretty good view of the wash and might have heard or seen something, some odd activity, lights over there at night. I'll bet they have been contacted by LE and will have given information. That red trailer or motorhome would be easy to pick out in a crowd.

And would they have not been followed, that part is crazy

There were 10 days he was (allegedly) home before she was reported missing. If he disappeared before she was discovered missing like I suspect, nobody would have followed them.

I think Brian could survive in the wild for a while. What breaks most people is isolation and feeling uncomfortable, cold/hot/wet/hungry etc.

Brian is potentially on the run for murder. The thought of the death sentence or life in prison is probably quite an encouragement for keeping off grid.

What we don't know is how long he's been there. Since Tuesday or before? Did his parents really just go to look for him? How could they possibly find him when trained LE haven't? Unless, it was a pre-planned at 10.37 be near so and so etc and make a sound like an owl or whatever. They could also drop off food etc. It seems clear that his parents could drive anywhere without being followed, even in recent days.

He could have left, knowing that Gabby was going to be found sooner rather than later and be hiding until he can know whether he becomes a suspect and fugitive on the run, or maybe, in his head at least, he can be on a lesser manslaughter charge. Maybe he even thinks he'll be off the hook. She had an asthma attack or similar. Who knows?

The main factor that could affect things is the state of his mind. But to be honest he's lasted longer than I would have guessed. But I've just watched the YouTube video again and I still cannot fathom how this couple who looked so happy and in love could have come to this. It's just the most terrible waste of life.

Where are BL's friends? Current and past?
No is emerging to talk about his character, it's so weird.

Not really, would you want to be reference or linked to him forever and be hounded by the press?
I can definitely understand why people aren't coming forward, not everyone likes attention.... certainly not this kind.

Just want to repost this. I feel it really points to the turn of events.

“She seemed OK to me at the time, other than I don’t know where the relationship was going with the boyfriend,” said Schmidt of the couple possibly going through a rough patch.

“She was making her way up to Yellowstone,” Schmidt said explaining that after Aug. 24 her communication with Petito grew sporadic and happened only via text.

Authorities searching for missing 22-year-old woman last seen in SLC
uh oh - I thought we had a facetime call on August 25 with her mom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288