Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its been stated that the couple did not see any one. It shows them actively slowing down because of interest in the Florida plates and one angle shows the male driver looks at the van right as the windows line up but the couple filming were both looking and they saw no one.

My thought is that BL was off on his own and GP was in the back of the van hanging out and had the door propped open a bit for fresh air and closed it for privacy as she heard them start to approach.

There were several other campers very close by and noise travels well out there because of the isolation. I highly doubt she passed away anywhere near the van in that location which is pointing to be her last camping spot. Instead I believe they were walking together out in the bush and something happened out there. IMO

Good points, I didn't think about the fact that GP might have been there alone. That make sense, with no windows and a roof top fan it would be unbearably hot in a Wyoming sun. The door would have to be cracked to be comfortable at all. It would be typical to close the door when people passed.

I assume the sandals where hers. She appeared to be trying to keep things clean and organized (I assume for personal preferences and the desire to be able to use images of the van insides). The sandals were left outside - typical of person keeping the interior clean.

Part of what happened is that LE asked Gabby if he had hit her, reassured her that it was ok for her to tell them, and she said he did not hit her.
The only person conceivably responsible for Gabby's death is BL, not the Moab LE or park police.

She reported he cut her face.
They ignored the caller. And they ignored her.

I don't think the night in jail would have changed anything. They appear on surface to be a toxic couple unfortunately. I don't know if I can judge their relationship from the hour police video, but I think it's fair to say it was an unhealthy relationship no matter which one would set off the other one. She just happened to get 'caught' by someone who called 911 but that doesn't mean she was the aggressor every time...they could be both be aggressors in their own way.

The 911 call says BL was hitting/slapping Gabby.

I've been skimming the threads and see that BL could have run off to Cancun, Canada or maybe New York. I'll throw another one out there. How about Costa Rica? The US doesn't have an extradition agreement with CR.

sadly in these situations, nothing can really be done without the domestic violence victim actively reporting it. How many instances do we see of victims visibly abused yet go back and the police cannot do anything. The best option they had was separating them to cool off. Their hands were tied in terms of jailing him etc. with out her speaking up and filing charges.
No. Just no.

It is a dangerous misperception that "nothing can be done" for DV victims.

And the psychological impact of not only being humiliatingly real-time victim blamed and told that you're the problem (and mentally ill) cannot be overstated.

That incident showed her that she should avoid any contact with LE at all costs, because not only would he likely not be held responsible, but also that she would be held responsible and possibly be charged.

Short of whatever abuse she was undergoing, that stop was one of the most dangerous things that happened to her in her too-short life. My heart breaks for her and for her family, and I hope that this will lead to a better -- not worse -- understanding of domestic violence and what can and should be done to assist victims.

https://twitter.com/wmzq/status/1440015992843821060?s=21

Joseph Petito Talks with Dr. Phil About His Daughter Gabby ihe.art/c8pEUgG

Joseph Petito, father of Gabby Petito, talks with Dr. Phil about his daughter and the national story surrounding her disappearance. In the short clip, he talks about his relationship with Brian Laundrie, what he thought about her going on a road trip with him, and his thoughts on their engagement.

It's unclear if the filming took place before or after authorities found the body on an individual matching the description of Gabby in Grand Teton National Park on Sunday. The full interview will be aired on CBS later today (September 20).

EXCLUSIVE: 911 caller in Gabby Petito 'incident' says fiancé seen hitting, 'slapping' her weeks before disappearance fxn.ws/3lFAOi3
https://twitter.com/foxnews/status/1440003531486998528?s=21
https://twitter.com/foxnews/status/1440003531486998528?s=21

Even though I responded to another report of this, I think everyone needs to hear this 911 call … it is heartbreaking and infuriating to say the least. How could this have all gone so wrong? Where was the miscommunication or was this a different 911 call? Regardless, this is inexcusable that Gabby was thought to be the aggressor! I knew when I watched the bodycam video that something was “off”, but we were told Gabby was the aggressor. I didn’t understand at the time how that could be true, and it was making me feel really uncomfortable watching how that questioning unfolded. I agree with others who feel angry, I am too!

I knew it! All of us DV survivors could see exactly what went down here.
Absolutely. Why would he speed at 3X limit for 20 miles while having a snit fit and evading the law if she had slapped HIM. He was trying to get away from the eyewitness guy who had STOPPED and seen him slapping her.

Reading between the lines (IE IMO) she was in the cafe finally uploading her work, it was slow going on an afternoon with shared WIFI, he was having a fit because it was his turn to go hiking and he had been twiddling his thumbs all day while she was at work trying to finance their trip, IMO he may have turned off her upload, told her she would never be a success. She says wait. I need to upload my work, he says, Then walk, I'm taking the car, and he starts hitting her when she objects. By the time he speeds away, thoroughly breaking several possible felony laws, they get pulled over. He adopts his manic-style babbling shmooze, while she is so upset she still is taking the blame for everything. Unfortunately he is right there for future punishment if she says the wrong thing. IMO

Last edited:
This is somewhat shoddy reporting. They do not operate out of their home - it's not a 10,000 square foot home. Someone pulled property records and just assumed there IMO. We aren't allowed to sleuth the parents so I'll leave it at that ;)

That site is not well researched but interestingly enough it does state that Brian is a skilled craftsman, model and up and coming American television personality.

ALL OF THIS.

Instability is a hallmark of abuse. Of course she seems unstable: she’s being gaslit by her abuser. She thinks she’s at fault for absolutely everything that happens to them, which is why she constantly apologizes to the officers and makes claims that her being annoying is what set Brian off.

I am so over the victim blaming. You know who is actually the unstable one? The guy who left his dead girlfriend in Wyoming.

Yes! Say it louder for the the ones in the back!

I don't think a whole body was found. Last night a reporter said "body parts" and later it was referred to as "human remains". I hate to write this but I think they only found pieces of her and I don't think it was necessarily the elements that got to the body but animals. I also saw people with nets scouring the area, like to pick up more evidence, from that Fox news helicopter video.

Yesterday I was sure I saw a shallow grave under the pop up tent but now I'm sure I was just seeing a shadow in a bad video. I have now seen better quality videos of the scene from the helicopter and you can see several men clustered around an area of bushes off to the side of the tent, looking at something on the ground. It's not a big thing, whatever they are looking at, or you could see more of it. In some angles of the video you can see a bit of yellow or orange color that could be her hair. JMO

So in any case, cause of death may be hard to determine, especially if they only have a partial body.
I assumed she was intact because they aren't searching for anything else. Or, are they still out in the area looking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member