Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew it! All of us DV survivors could see exactly what went down here.
As soon as I saw it I said to my husband that is exactly what my ex was like with me, I’d look hysterical because he’d say cruel things under his breath or out of ear shot of other people and I’d look like the “crazy” one. I knew what BL was as soon as I saw the footage, her apologising took me right back there (I still do it sometimes)
This case is honestly heart breaking

I'm sorry for what you went through, but

The caller witnessed a scuffle. She admitted to assaulting him. He didn't offer that up until the cops started asking about his injuries. She denied he hit her. You can make that of that whatever you want, but he's still innocent in the eyes of the law, while she freely admitted to committing a crime.

The caller witnessed him slapping her and chasing her down the street. That's different than an ambiguous scuffle.

I am LOSING IT! THIS IS UNCONCIONABLE!!!!!!
Even had he been arrested though, he would have been released the following day. She wouldn't have pressed charges, and this all probably would have played out the same way.

The cooling off period would have been the same as him being sent to a hotel.

Now, had he killed her that day and not a couple of weeks later, I'd totally agree.

I suppose I have hope that something different would /could occur from that 911 call , like the record could be scratched somehow-maybe she could/would have talked to someone and things would have come out-( though wishes are for wells..) and the record wouldn't keep playing and thus, she would be alive. I suppose you are right, she would have "paid" for it regardless, she was strong in her self blame.. the hand gestures got me, felt it like many others did. He .. the Lion with his paw on the tail of mouse dragging it, letting it go a small way , dragging it, injuring , toying. The need to find him.

I'm fairly certain that it was described as HUMAN REMAINS and was later scrambled by users to mean partial remains. I don't for one second believe that she was dismembered.

Watch the Fox helicopter video, I'm sorry I don't have a link. There are two men standing up and one man crouched down over whatever it is they found, which is small enough to be hidden by the man crouching over it. I don't think an entire body could be hidden from helicopter cameras by one man crouching over it. IF she was 'dismembered' (not a word I used), it was probably by animals. I don't believe whoever killed her did it. And the reporter last night used the phrase body parts, not body, was found. I believe the man in the black jacket in this photo is crouched over her body.

MOO

Attachments

• Gabbyphotoremains.png
    Gabbyphotoremains.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 161
ALL OF THIS.

Instability is a hallmark of abuse. Of course she seems unstable: she’s being gaslit by her abuser. She thinks she’s at fault for absolutely everything that happens to them, which is why she constantly apologizes to the officers and makes claims that her being annoying is what set Brian off.

I am so over the victim blaming. You know who is actually the unstable one? The guy who left his dead girlfriend in Wyoming.

THANK YOU!
It's perfectly normal in response to abuse to cry, shake, and feel/act to others "unstable" because she is scared and terrified.
BL's calmness seemed like a mask or act to appear stable and blame her for being the "crazy one."
If BL couldn't handle her he should have stayed in FL and NOT returned. I'm sure Gabby's parents would fly out and help her drive the van back if she didn't feel comfortable driving alone.

I have that but it does not sound complete. It is only the first 50 (approx) seconds of the call. I am wondering if there is more to what the caller said about the incident. It appears to end in the middle of the call. If LE made the stop based on the police report then it was reported that she was the victim. I wonder if things at the traffic stop/DV incident might have turned out differently if the stoping officer was the one to interview both of them. It seems like he got derailed and off track when the second officer arrived.

ETS: I do not think for a second that even if it had been declared a DV incident and HE was cited as the aggressor that the gabby's outcome would have been any different.

Not sure if this has already been discussed but if he attacked her we know she more than likely fought back and probably left marks on him. I wonder if this is a big part of the reason for the parents to block police access to him as well. When the lawyer says he doesn’t want his client to incriminate himself he might not just mean through talking but maybe because of possible visible evidence of a scuffle. JMO but if this is the case I do hope she did him some real damage.

As soon as I saw it I said to my husband that is exactly what my ex was like with me, I’d look hysterical because he’d say cruel things under his breath or out of ear shot of other people and I’d look like the “crazy” one. I knew what BL was as soon as I saw the footage, her apologising took me right back there (I still do it sometimes)
This case is honestly heart breaking

I went through this as well with my ex.

This is my theory. As soon as they found Gabby, there was a suspicious death on federal land and the FBI and District of Wyoming have jurisdiction to investigate. They likely immediately got warrants connected with that suspicious death. Even if you want to be super conservative and not call it a homicide investigation, the sudden death of a healthy 22 year old is suspicious per se.

Thanks Alethea; your legal knowledge is helpful once again (I remember you from the Fotis Dulos case)

Conceivable that a flip-flop could have fallen off a body being loaded in a van, too. All I saw was one flop askance on the ground.

Good points, I didn't think about the fact that GP might have been there alone. That make sense, with no windows and a roof top fan it would be unbearably hot in a Wyoming sun. The door would have to be cracked to be comfortable at all. It would be typical to close the door when people passed.

I assume the sandals where hers. She appeared to be trying to keep things clean and organized (I assume for personal preferences and the desire to be able to use images of the van insides). The sandals were left outside - typical of person keeping the interior clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northgrund