Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hearing the 911 is exactly how I expected it went down. Gabby seemed so victimized in the body cam footage of the stop. I don’t know how anyone can watch that and think she was anything other than a victim. That poor girl.
I have thought so many times what would have happened had that been a female police officer, or if they would have had the female NPS officer engage Gabby alone. Years ago I worked EMS and if there was even the slightest hint of DV, we always had the female on the call have some alone time with the woman to try to suss it out (if conditions allowed).

I just watched. Not good! Unacceptable. Not sure if this was communicated to the officers? Not sure if the outcome would have changed or not but there was a breakdown somewhere.

Iirc, the police report states the call was a male assaulting a woman. Then the rest of the report conflicted with that and the cam video. The cam and report differs in many areas.

Regarding the fact that Gabby stated she suffered from "really bad OCD" during the police stop in Moab, I do think that may have been drummed into her head by Brian to the point that she believed that.

If she had diagnosed OCD, it would have been an ongoing condition before this road trip. Her father would know this, yet he says in this interview that she did not....she was tidy and wanted things neat. Living out of a small camper for months it would be difficult to keep the interior organized and clean, especially with a boyfriend who wasn't that concerned . My daughter is also a neat freak, way more than I am, but she is by no means a victim of OCD.

The fact that Gabby was so distressed at the Moab stop, and blaming herself, to me showed signs of being gaslit into being at fault with her "OCD" and mental state.

I don't believe she was "mentally unstable", rather just a young 22 year old who hadn't yet figured out how to deal her own emotions, and far too influenced by the boyfriends criticisms. Personally, I think it does her great disservice to be labeled as mentally unstable.

22-Year-Old Gabby Petito’s Father Says He Has A ‘Gut Feeling’ About What Has Happened To Her

This is exactly my perception.

The front doesn’t look very clean but the van looked clean in all of their content videos too. Gabby kept the van clean. Plus if it was used for content it kinda had to be clean, at the very least exterior wise.
It was a mess when photographed during that traffic stop. Very surprising compared to that image they were trying to project. Very telling, IMO

EXCLUSIVE: 911 caller in Gabby Petito 'incident' says fiancé seen hitting, 'slapping' her weeks before disappearance fxn.ws/3lFAOi3
https://twitter.com/foxnews/status/1440003531486998528?s=21
https://twitter.com/foxnews/status/1440003531486998528?s=21
So, Brian was the aggressor ?
Thought so.
Even with the scratches he displayed to LE -- she may have been trying to stop him from grabbing her face/throat ?
Slow the car down, pull over, and talk or get out of the vehicle and talk.
Imo.

I saw that earlier post showing a close up of the van doors. The van door was definitely open then closed. Someone was in the back of that van.
I believe this too. I believe she was genuinely afraid of him leaving her. JMO

Why?? If he did leave her in that town, she had options. Call her father for one thing. If she was worried about him leaving her in some remote place then must not have been too big a worry if she stayed with him even going off in the wilderness. Not sure where the “afraid of him leaving her” topic came from.

I am very optimistic that they will be able to figure it out. While it had been about 3 weeks since she died, there should be some forensic evidence. It certainly wasn't environmental (heat) related. I believe there will be evidence of trauma on her body. They were close enough to other humans that silencing her quickly would have been paramount.

It's true that a lot of forensic evidence would be gone, but strangling usually leaves evidence in the bones - and I think he probably did more than that.

I am guessing

1. Strangling - He had grabbed face and neck before in LE video. It could be a typical reaction for him.

2. Blunt force, hit her so hard in van that this happened.

3. Rock in creek bed. There are a lot of round hand size rocks around.

I would think any of of the three would be able to be discovered.

The caller witnessed a scuffle. She admitted to assaulting him. He didn't offer that up until the cops started asking about his injuries. She denied he hit her. You can make that of that whatever you want, but he's still innocent in the eyes of the law, while she freely admitted to committing a crime.

No, she didn't admit assaulting him. She said she hit his arm and some other minor things, but she never used the word assault. In a fight where two people are hitting or grabbing at each other at the same time, it's kind of ridiculous to assign blame to the woman in the fight because she had longer fingernails that left scratches. One of the cops even commiserated with BL and said "rings and nails, uh-huh" like he'd been there, done that, dismissing the real story of what was going on, which was that BL was tormenting her on a daily basis, controlling her, manipulating her, and making her life a living hell. And don't forget grabbing her jaw/fake choking her.

IMHO

Canada's side of the land border opened to Americans in mid August.
I remember because it was too late for us to visit Campobello when we were up by Machias in early August! I brought both my passport and my passport card (which I always carry) just in case it opened sooner. Couple weeks ago we were up in Highgate VT and I kayaked into Canada but not our whole group had their passports so we didn't drive over even though we could see the border control point from the end of our road. But locals in those areas travel back & forth frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member