Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts on body cam video, 911 call.

It appears Gabby was desperately trying to have the relationship of her dreams. If only she could change, do something better, she would succeed.

Brian, on the other hand, watched Gabby get all the blame for their issues. By not being held accountable for his actions, this teaches him he might either be not guilty or he is immune from consequences. This can be emboldening.

As a mother, one of the hardest lessons I learned was not making excuses for bad behavior. Yes, even when suicide was threatened as a likely way to avoid trouble. After scooping up the suicidal child and getting them in a safe place, we, with psychiatric help, worked at teaching that actions have consequences. As the child learned how to handle emotions and control behavior, a sense of mastery and confidence grew.

It appears that BL never learned these lessons, from parents, and Gabby paid the price after being isolated and convinced that their relationship problems were solely on her shoulders.

MOO.

A question:

Her body was found across Spread Creek (wide rocky bed with multiple channels) from where the van was parked, right?

It seems that simply walking across the bed isn't easy (mud too soft? etc) because if it was easy to walk across, wouldn't LE/SAR have done that rather than go a different route that required horseback?

IF the above is a reasonable assumption (which it might not be -- maybe there were other reasons to use horses and go the route they did), then what are the likely ways BL and GP (alive or dead at the time) got across? If he dragged her, carried her, or chased her, there would be footprints in the mud, wouldn't there?

I'm having a hard time combining the apparent ease with which BL/GP ended up across the creekbed, with the apparent remoteness/difficulty LE/SAR had in getting there.

Thoughts?
Horses are used for all kinds of activities in the Jackson area where we'd be used to walking! It's partly about scale, partly tradition, partly practicality. IMO. I once had a budget (i.e. mice running all around the cabin at night) dude ranch vacation in an adjacent valley that was work-a-day, not grand like the Tetons. Horses were for everything in the whole valley, as far as I could tell.

Also, there are SAR trained for horseback.

Consider, in this case, where they're looking for evidence of a missing person. A person on a horse has a bigger visual than someone on foot, not just towards the ground, but also context, and the ability to easily see over to the next horse and rider in the grid search line. The latter would mean fewer personnel were necessary. There is less risk of injury or getting bogged down in silt, sand, pebbles, thorns, brush, stones..... Horses can go longer and further in this vast terrain...

I'm a few pages on the thread behind so you may have already gotten this or others, but this link has been live since the search began this morning:

North Port police put up crime scene tape at Brian Laundrie's house | wtsp.com
Wonder what they're looking for besides the families' electronics/phones/gps from vehicles ?
Here's a thought : Anything like recent shaves or hair dyes (old photo from IG shows he's not adverse to coloring)?
As in a disguise for Brian ?
If they can't find him -- would he wear a wig ?
Is there going to be evidence that he was never in the swamp ?
Any other thoughts ?
Imo.

I have thought so many times what would have happened had that been a female police officer, or if they would have had the female NPS officer engage Gabby alone. Years ago I worked EMS and if there was even the slightest hint of DV, we always had the female on the call have some alone time with the woman to try to suss it out (if conditions allowed).

There was one there or at least a park police officer. Talked to her a long time. There is nothing they could have done short of locking them both up forever to prevent what happened later. GP was dead set on staying with BP. When the facts come out, I expect there will be a witness that says GP stayed in the same hotel with him that night. Maybe camera footage of the Van in the parking lot.

I figure he was very disoriented without Gabby for a couple of days and perhaps disassociating from what he'd done (or what had happened; there's still the very very remote possibility that she committed suicide). Why he walked into Colter Bay without taking the van (if he did - he probably hitchhiked) was likely to keep the van from being seen. He doesn't want to take off in it because he's afraid he'll be instantly arrested. He knows she's dead - and that at any minute, her body will be found.

He also doesn't want to leave her.

BBM SBM
Question: How many still think suicide is a possibility after all we know, including this 911 call released today?

There is absolutely NO evidence to support this assertion and with the release of the 911 call today, it is increasingly clear that Gabby was a victim and BL was her abuser.

I remember because it was too late for us to visit Campobello when we were up by Machias in early August! I brought both my passport and my passport card (which I always carry) just in case it opened sooner. Couple weeks ago we were up in Highgate VT and I kayaked into Canada but not our whole group had their passports so we didn't drive over even though we could see the border control point from the end of our road. But locals in those areas travel back & forth frequently.
Getting in to Mexico is easy-peasy. They don't check anything...come on in and spend those American dollars! Canada is a whole other story. As such, and because of proximity, my guess is he bolted to Mexico. Does anyone know if he speaks Spanish? If so, then that seals it in my mind.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Why?? If he did leave her in that town, she had options. Call her father for one thing. If she was worried about him leaving her in some remote place then must not have been too big a worry if she stayed with him even going off in the wilderness. Not sure where the “afraid of him leaving her” topic came from.
Because she stated it in the body cam footage. And also this is how it works when one’s soul has been crushed by abuse. The abuser has convinced them they can’t survive on their own and that no one else would put up with them.

Yes, I just rewatched the video. There's certainly a book-shaped object on the ground and an oblong object sitting on top of the book/notebook. Well spotted.
I thought it was something cloth folded up like a towel IMO because of how it kind of forms to the shape of the rocks. Not sure a book would do that? Maybe?

And th
No, she didn't admit assaulting him. She said she hit his arm and some other minor things, but she never used the word assault. In a fight where two people are hitting or grabbing at each other at the same time, it's kind of ridiculous to assign blame to the woman in the fight because she had longer fingernails that left scratches. One of the cops even commiserated with BL and said "rings and nails, uh-huh" like he'd been there, done that, dismissing the real story of what was going on, which was that BL was tormenting her on a daily basis, controlling her, manipulating her, and making her life a living hell. And don't forget grabbing her jaw/fake choking her.

IMHO
e officer asking if he was sore or tender from the scratches made me wanna

If I am not mistaken, the police officer on the video says that Gabby reporting that SHE hit HIM (& not the other way around) was confirmed by the witness. So, did the PD not have the appropriate info from the 911 call? Or, was this a crappy response to that call by the PD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni