Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really appreciate that MSM and ambitious MSM reporters are doing live YouTube/streaming coverage of events. You know they are going to be careful with what they report since the news channel would be liable for intentional misinformation, etc.. Previously we only had the civilian reporters going live on SM which is great too but not the same. JMO but three cheers for JB

"Reactive abuse occurs when the victim reacts to the abuse they are experiencing. The victim may scream, toss out insults, or even lash out physically at the abuser. The abuser then retaliates by telling the victim that they are, in fact, the abuser.

Why abusers rely on it

Abusers rely on this “reactive abuse” because it is their “proof” that the victim is unstable and mentally ill. The abuser will hold these reactions against the victims indefinitely. It could be years later and the abuser will say, “Well, back in (whatever year), you had this reaction and acted all crazy. You’re the crazy one! You need help.” Sometimes abusers use this reaction as an excuse to go to police or even file for protective orders of their own."

Reactive Abuse: why abusers play the victim and why they get away with

I recommend you do some research on abuse.
I cannot upvote this post enough.

The LEO who wrote the report mentions that someone has reported seeing the male attack a woman. That LEO then goes off in pursuit of the van, which has been sighted.

The LEO talks with 3 people to make his determination about what happened: BL, Gabby, and another witness from the coffee cafe named Chris.

What he writes in his report is that all 3 of those stories match up, are the same, including an eyewitness account which said Gabby, not BL, was the aggressor.

I thought Chris was the caller and they followed up with him later for a report. Did I get that wrong?

Guess what? DV doesn't develop during a road trip. It develops over a period of time. BL's parents must have witnessed this kind of behavior at some time over the past 2 years while this young couple lived with them.
Still, silence.

Regarding the fact that Gabby stated she suffered from "really bad OCD" during the police stop in Moab, I do think that may have been drummed into her head by Brian to the point that she believed that.

If she had diagnosed OCD, it would have been an ongoing condition before this road trip. Her father would know this, yet he says in this interview that she did not....she was tidy and wanted things neat. Living out of a small camper for months it would be difficult to keep the interior organized and clean, especially with a boyfriend who wasn't that concerned . My daughter is also a neat freak, way more than I am, but she is by no means a victim of OCD.

The fact that Gabby was so distressed at the Moab stop, and blaming herself, to me showed signs of being gaslit into being at fault with her "OCD" and mental state.

I don't believe she was "mentally unstable", rather just a young 22 year old who hadn't yet figured out how to deal her own emotions, and far too influenced by the boyfriends criticisms. Personally, I think it does her great disservice to be labeled as mentally unstable.

22-Year-Old Gabby Petito’s Father Says He Has A ‘Gut Feeling’ About What Has Happened To Her

Exactly! I've stayed in $$ beautiful hotel rooms & keep it beyond tidy so Everytime I return to my room, I experience its awe again. I camp, & have lived in small places. Caring for our belongings is a huge bonus & needed for " keeping it easy" while on the move.

Was this actually reported somewhere?

Yes - Brian says it when he's talking to police. I didn't understand it to be while he was driving, though. He says he did it to keep her away from him (I believe he had her phone and she was attempting to get it back).

I don't know why you are so certain that Gabby assaulted Brian. Last I heard, if someone takes one of my possessions, I am entitled to use whatever reasonable force is necessary to get my possession back. I think he also had the keys to her van. At that point, she wanted them back - and she's entitled to them.

He stuck his arm out (he says) and kind of "smooshed" her face (pinched her cheeks IMO - that gesture that mean parents use to silence a child).

Why?? If he did leave her in that town, she had options. Call her father for one thing. If she was worried about him leaving her in some remote place then must not have been too big a worry if she stayed with him even going off in the wilderness. Not sure where the “afraid of him leaving her” topic came from.
She said that in the bodycam footage.

There were TWO eyewitnesses. What they reported conflicted. The account of the witness he spoke with matched up with what both Gabby & BL said. He didn't falsify his report, fgs.

All information should have been included in the writeup. And ESPECIALLY in a DV situation, victims OFTEN minimize the abuse they received, especially if they defended themselves and don't want to get punished later, want to protect their lover, and are being gaslit and treated like an hysterical little lady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam