Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
QUESTION
If BL is running, he would HAVE to have help. He's young and not independently wealthy. He would need money and also would need communication about what is taking place. Clearly he cannot use the phone he had. At what point are others held accountable and/or questioned for possible involvement? How much does "client/attorney" privilege prevent LE from filing charges for obstruction?

This is my big interest right now. LE seems to have concluded that he's not in the swamp. He has not been at the house for quite a few days (perhaps many days).

I would like to know the answer to. your question as well. So far, there have been no formal charges filed against BL, I think LE will wait until after tomorrow's autopsy (which hopefully will conclude with a manner and cause of death). Then they'll file charges in Wyoming and BL will officially be on the lam.

His attorney cannot help him evade an arrest warrant, but I predict he'll claim not to know where Brian is.

Since the van was at the parents' house, I do believe they can be charged with obstruction of justice if they don't at the very least say when Brian arrived and when he left.

I do wonder if the federal warrant included the parents' electronics (possibly not - that may come in the future though). This is truly a bizarre case, with many twists and turns still to come.

Right now, all I feel is grief for Gabby. I don't know what the count is for DV survivors here on this thread (last I saw, there were 6, which would make me #7). When I was 22, I was still 14 years away from making my getaway.

New info in search warrant docs:
On Aug 27 – Gabby’s mom said she received an “odd text” from Gabby.
It said: “Can you help Stan, I just keep getting his voicemails and missed calls.” The reference to Stan was regarding her grandpa – but her mom said she never called him Stan.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1440054968208138246?s=21

It seems so incredible to me that people would tolerate violence in a relationship. I'm almost 70 years old and I've been in close to 20 romantic relationships over the course of my life. If any woman I loved had ever physically struck me, or called the cops on me, for anything, the relationship would have been over. But it's never happened. I've never raised my hand to a woman, ever, and no woman has ever raised their hand to me. I can't understand how anyone like Gabby, or Brian, would accept violence in a romantic relationship and not immediately say "Relationship's over".

Easy to say what you would do when it’s never happened to you. I used to say the same.

It seems so incredible to me that people would tolerate violence in a relationship. I'm almost 70 years old and I've been in close to 20 romantic relationships over the course of my life. If any woman I loved had ever physically struck me, or called the cops on me, for anything, the relationship would have been over. But it's never happened. I've never raised my hand to a woman, ever, and no woman has ever raised their hand to me. I can't understand how anyone like Gabby, or Brian, would accept violence in a romantic relationship and not immediately say "Relationship's over".

My brain operates the same way as yours! It is unfathomable to me.

<modsnip>

We can see in that short video, Gabby tells the officers that BL gets mad at her because she's "annoying." We also know her friends have come out and said BL would steal her IDs so she would be stuck at home, tell her not to visit friends, etc. These are evidence (not proof) that BL was exhibiting abusive behavior towards Gabby. If this has been going on for a long time, people get mentally broken down. That's how this whole domestic abuse cycle "works." It's how it can happen to anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
She said she had OCD, but that is something Brian may have convinced her of because she was so particular about tidiness.
Her father stated there was no history of diagnosed OCD....as per his interview with Dr. Phil.

I got the distinct impression from the interview with Dr. Phil that Gabby kept a lot of things from her father. Things she would likely tell her mother instead. He made clear she didn't tell him about the police incident where she and Brian were pulled over because, as he said, 'that's not something you tell your pops'.

IMO, Gabby's mother likely knows far more about what was really going on with Gabby.

And on another note: Her father said if he had known about the police stop he would have gone out there. I'm paraphrasing here. He made clear he'd want to fix things. If only he had known. Sigh.

MOO.

Last edited:
Not that what you said isn't true, but Gabby literally says she has OCD (which is an anxiety disorder) in the bodycam videos with the police. Them describing her as someone with anxiety is them writing down exactly what she told them about herself.
And they didn't bother to ask her when and where she was diagnosed. Huge Red Flag. imo

Yes, I've stated that numerous times. However, that 911 call was just released TODAY. That 911 call does not gel with the police reports NOR the uncut bodycam footage of the stop. In all of the reports and in the video, they clearly stated numerous times that Gabby was the aggressor and she could be charged with DV

How did a 911 call which CLEARLY stated the male was abusing the female turn into what we saw on the video and the reports?
The first MSM reports also claimed that "the male was assaulting the female," and this was before the video was released to the public. It was also reported that he grabbed her by the face and pushed her. Those articles are in the media thread and I'm pretty sure were also linked on the main thread.

Maybe the reason it doesn't gel with the police reports and video is because the officers never spoke to the first caller.

Gabby was probably terrified to tell the officers what really happened.

Can anybody find the article with the comments by the DV professional? She did a great job explaining why Gabby appeared to be the victim and Brian, the abuser.

It was linked many threads ago and I can't seem to find it.

It might be a good idea to post it again.

Last edited:
QUESTION
If BL is running, he would HAVE to have help. He's young and not independently wealthy. He would need money and also would need communication about what is taking place. Clearly he cannot use the phone he had. At what point are others held accountable and/or questioned for possible involvement? How much does "client/attorney" privilege prevent LE from filing charges for obstruction?
I can't imagine anyone wanting to get involved in all of this! Family friend with a cabin in the woods, somebody with a condo in Mexico. No, no and no!
Brian is either running scared or his body hasn't been found yet! MOO

I am replying to someone from 2 threads ago (would not let me quote) who questioned why police “just left a note” on the mustang and “didn’t think to run the tags to see that it was Brian’s car.” I have read elsewhere on here, not sure of the accuracy of the information, that the mustang was not in Brian’s name. Therefore, if they ran the tags, it wouldn’t show it was him (possibly one of his parents or another family member IMO) which is why they left a note for it to be moved. I have no factual links or anything addressing who the mustang was registered to, but I just wanted to reply to the other poster to say this could be why they just left a note. JMO

FWIW

His family said that their son drove a Ford Mustang, which isn't registered in his name, to the preserve Tuesday, and they picked it up and brought it back home later that day, NBC 2 reported.
Body Matching Gabby Petito's Description Found In Wyoming's Grand Teton National Park

According to authorities Laundrie arrived at his parents’ house on September 1, ten days before Petito’s mother reported her missing. On September 17, police spoke with his parents, Chris and Roberta Laundrie, who stated that they last saw their son on September 14.

However, if his parents were being purposefully untruthful or hiding relevant facts concerning Brian’s current whereabouts or Petito’s disappearance, they may have committed crimes such as obstruction of justice.

If Chris and Roberta Laundrie knew or believed that their son killed Petito, they might face charges ranging from making false statements to additional accessory offenses such as aiding and abetting or accessories after the fact. Such charges could be brought if authorities believe they were assisting Brian in eluding police or concealing evidence.

Another possibility, though one that seems improbable, is that the Laundries will be charged with misdemeanor “misprision of a felony.” This offense makes it illegal to hide knowledge of a felony under federal law.

However, evidence of active concealment, not simply a failure to notify someone’s location, is required for a misprision offense. Historically, the charge has been reserved for those who have an unique obligation to report a crime. This is a condensed version of the information.
Could Brian Laundrie's parents face charges of perjury in the Gabby Petito case? | The Washington Newsday

No, she had marks on her neck and jaw where he grabbed her, but they completely ignored that in the report.
I really don't get it, why we have to keep correcting that same mistake. This should be a sticky. They ignored the violence against her, claimed by both her and BL, and the result of which was seen by the cop.

For whatever reason they did not get, did not read, or dismissed the clear 911 call from the eyewitness describing his assault on her in the open. Probably someone in the office didn't send it on, trying to be charitable here. But think of this......you, or I, or anyone else on this board driving slowly thru a tourist town.....in my case it would have to be a clear cut dangerous assault for me to stop, call 911, draw attention to myself, etc. I'd never call in if I saw someone just push the other person. IMO This was an all out assault of a larger man on a smaller woman, which continued on down the street. And the 911 caller was clearly upset.

I am replying to someone from 2 threads ago (would not let me quote) who questioned why police “just left a note” on the mustang and “didn’t think to run the tags to see that it was Brian’s car.” I have read elsewhere on here, not sure of the accuracy of the information, that the mustang was not in Brian’s name. Therefore, if they ran the tags, it wouldn’t show it was him (possibly one of his parents or another family member IMO) which is why they left a note for it to be moved. I have no factual links or anything addressing who the mustang was registered to, but I just wanted to reply to the other poster to say this could be why they just left a note. JMO

FWIW

His family said that their son drove a Ford Mustang, which isn't registered in his name, to the preserve Tuesday, and they picked it up and brought it back home later that day, NBC 2 reported.
Body Matching Gabby Petito's Description Found In Wyoming's Grand Teton National Park

And extrodinarily unfair and dangerous when the convenience of assumption is put in action.
And that was exactly my point, in a way. Assumptions are made right now, as they always have been - and until very recently (and still today), they were read in ways that further harmed victims - the assumptions ignored abuser-victim "behind closed doors" likelihoods. Armed with better information about typical or common dynamics in these situations, a LE can at least probe behind the facade, given that a facade is so common. When you're dealing with the public, there is always some element of generality or commonality of behavior - otherwise, there's no point in having experience at all. The thing is that though we know it is virtually impossible to predict every action perfectly, we do have strong data about what is most likely.

Pretending we don't know that it is common for victims to act a way and thus not starting from the point of allowing it is a possibility is absurd.

It really is absolutely amazing that these specific folks from Florida (so they noticed the plate) drove by this location at this time with a dash cam recording which worked and they were diligent enough to review the footage and that they called the fbi. It all had to come together exactly right and it did. It's miraculous really. MOO

And it was on the anniversary of their own son's death in a car accident. Who they are saying helped them to find the footage for Gabby <3

True

True. Cuba is close to Florida and they have no extradition agreement.

How well would he do in a foreign country though unless he had loads of cash?
True money goes farther in many countries, but he would need a lot. And once there, what would he do for a living?

Unless he speaks fluent Spanish he won't do well in Costa Rica. I've been there and they do not speak English at all. Maybe in the touristy areas, but he would avoid those. I'm thinking he could disappear anywhere in central America because of his looks, he would not stand out, but if he can only speak English he would stand out everywhere except Belize. Their national language is English. Do people in Cuba speak English? And how would he get there? He could basically hitchhike to central America.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea