Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabby's father clearly states in one of his interviews that Gabby was never diagnosed with OCD!
To be fair though how many of us have said we have OCD because we don't like chaos and mess and like things a certain way? I say it as an off the cuff statement. Not because I've been diagnosed. The back of that van would have given me anxiety for sure.

New info in search warrant docs:
On Aug 27 – Gabby’s mom said she received an “odd text” from Gabby.
It said: “Can you help Stan, I just keep getting his voicemails and missed calls.” The reference to Stan was regarding her grandpa – but her mom said she never called him Stan.
https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1440054968208138246?s=21
JMO that's BL using Gabby's phone. Is Stan a first name? If it was sent on the 27th that narrows down the timeline

Sorry if this is old and been covered, but I downloaded the Bethune video to watch it frame, by frame, to look at the open door speculation. There are quite a few missing frames - the van is in the distance, and then a chunk of video is missing, and they are on top of it. Wonder if that was a glitch in the camera, or if it has been otherwise explained?

As for the door, it's impossible to tell, because there is a black artifact that moves around, but often is over the van. Looks like there's water or tree sap on the Bethune windshield that's right in the camera's line of the sight.

There's even a higher res one here:

Question:

If a person is considered missing and a person of interest (not fully a suspect) does their lawyer have to disclose their location to police?

Could BL have gone back to NY, hence why his lawyer is holding a presser from there tomorrow?

New info in search warrant docs:
On Aug 27 – Gabby’s mom said she received an “odd text” from Gabby.
It said: “Can you help Stan, I just keep getting his voicemails and missed calls.” The reference to Stan was regarding her grandpa – but her mom said she never called him Stan.

The hard drive scrub could take awhile, depending on how much is exactly on there. May be a few days before they find anything, if anything.

It's remarkable to me that random strangers drove by their van, which was located just a short distance from GP remains. I was so worried that she wouldn't be found with the terrain, the distance they traveled and the expected inclement weather. Thank goodness those passersby saw the news, sifted through their footage, and turned it over to law enforcement.

And that even in a completely remote place without CCTV the van was still caught on camera. Pretty amazing.

Gabby's father clearly states in one of his interviews that Gabby was never diagnosed with OCD!

I honestly believe that when GP was stating she was "OCD" she was saying it in the same way I hear a LOT of late teen to late twenty-somethings use it.
I don't think she was claiming to have been diagnosed, its just something young people say about themselves freely in certain circumstances.

Bottom of p 4 and p 5 of the search warrant:

Per the license plate reader installed at the Sumter Blvd. exit of Interstate 75, that vehicle entered the City of
North Port on September 1, 2021 at approximately 10:26 AM.

https://htv-prod-media.s3.amazonaws...ant-2021-sw000442nc-09-17-2021-1632165383.pdf

Much earlier hour than I expected the vehicle to arrive in North Port.

I don't understand how to comment on things, but can someone please explain why the "return to search warrant" is witnessed August 31, 2021 when it states the warrant was received September 15, 2021?

Easy to say what you would do when it’s never happened to you. I used to say the same.
I agree, & don't want to derail the thread with my experiences but it's so important to stress how incremental DV is. It's works as slowly as water smoothing a rock. You end up completely unsure of every thought & feeling, & so when the physical things happen you are already primed to believe you caused it. Sometimes even accepting that feels strangely empowering in the moment, because you tell yourself that by accepting responsibility you can do "better" next time. It can, & does, happen to more people than we feel comfortable accepting IMO.

A Body has been found in the area of the search for Gabby.

<RSBM>

August 31: A new list titled “Self-Consumption” appeared on the couple’s Spotify

So, last night the playlist was still there. This evening (UK time) I noticed the title of it has been deleted. The songs are still there but the name for the playlist is gone. I don’t see how that could happen unless it was done by accident.

I'm 96% sure she was using the term casually, as people do. I wouldn't be surprised if he used it as an insult toward her either, turning a pretty typical heightened neatness (that she probably voiced toward him a lot) into something "defective" about her (in his/her mind).

Less likely she was clinically OCD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member